Thread: Foo Fighters

Blog Entries

Foo Fighters

So here's a band that I've found I really enjoy like the first three albums of. And after that, I like their singles a lot and like a couple of songs here and there on their later albums... and the rest of the songs are kinda "meh." I heard Dave Grohl is really proud of the new sound they got after One by One, which to me sounds a little more expiremental/refined/something I can't quite describe, but less energetic and fun than their older stuff. The Colour and the Shape will probably always be my favorite Foo Fighters album, although All My Life might be my favorite individual song by them.

That's the thing about One by One; there's All my Life as track one, and then the next three tracks are pretty awesome as well. The last six... I don't remember them at all, except that I get bored when I listen to them. I didn't really take anything away from the double disk album that followed (although I kinda liked the accoustic disk) and for a long time, I didn't buy the one that came out last year or the year before... but then I kept hearing "Let it Die" and "Road to Ruin," and decided those songs were pretty awesome. And... that album kind of has the same thing going as One by One did. (Actually, so did their third album, although I think there were more tracks on that one I actually liked.)

Anyone else feel this way about them, or do you think everything they do is awesome/sucks? Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Death Before Dishonor Foo Fighters Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Foo Fighters

I have always been a huge fan of the Foo Fighters. They are an excellent band.

I thought that their latest album was complete crap though. There wasn't a single track on it that I liked. I guess I am an oldies fan haha.

My favorite single by them is without a doubt...Monkey Wrench. Everytime that comes on I trip out, and go insane. I headbang, and slam dance to it.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I know (and like) them as well. I think I stumbled over a few songs by them a few years ago. I think it was just because I listened to "No Way Back" in my brother's car one day. And I really loved that song. It's still my favorite. (And I LOVE the fact and I can sing and play it on Guitar Hero XD)

I don't know which albums I like best, but I haven't listened to the latest ones so far. I think I heard a song of that album in the background when it was on TV, but I didn't really pay attention to it. Have they changed their style, somehow? It didn't really sound like the Foo Fighters, somehow...

@Josh: Monkey Wrench is a great song *_* Love that one, too!

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Registered User Foo Fighters jcsimpson's Avatar

In my opinion they are just there, they are just another band on the radio. I won't turn the radio off if they are on but I also won't go out of my way to listen to them.
    Habitant vegetable soup blows the balls off every other vegetable soup

Blog Entries

I'm a big fan of the Foo Fighters. Like Tele, my favorite album is The Colour and the Shape, because it's just pure energy. I can listen to it through and through without skipping a song.

However, I like the fact that they try to experiment and change up their sound. In Your Honor was a nice album, but I feel like they could have trimmed the fat from both the electric and acoustic sides to make something really phenomenal.

As for the newest album, I was a big fan, mostly because I could relate the majority of the songs to my life when I had first heard them. It almost seemed like that merger I was looking for out of the previous album.

All in all, my favorite song by them is My Hero, mostly for personal reasons. Notable others are Hell, Aurora, Best of You, and Learn to Fly.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers