Thread: Electronic and House Music

Electronic and House Music Plastik Assassin's Avatar

Electronic and House Music

This doesn't look like its been covered, so why not?

The subject is electronic music. Techno. House, trance, jungle, etc...

What are your thoughts on it? Do you enjoy it? What are some of your favorite electronic artists? You know the drill. Discuss!

Personally, I like electronic music. I am no diehard by any means, but I have a good number of albums I listen to and enjoy on a fairly regular basis. I know a lot of people don't really consider it as real music, but I do. Its a lot harder to produce than it seems. Sure, anyone can put a couple beats together on a keyboard and make it sound good, but if you really explore the genre, it does go a lot deeper than that.

For example, Paul Oakenfold. He is a musical genius. He incorporates almost every genre of music into his work. Rap, metal, folk, jazz, etc. He can take almost anything out there, cut it apart, and make you dance to it. Go get a copy of his work, jump in your car, and try not to enjoy it.

The Crystal Method is another extroardinary example of good, solid electronica. If you are just starting to explore the techno landscape, they are definitely the place to start. Hell, 3 different major television shows have used their work as theme music. Not that that means anything, but it does show that the appeal is there. Pick up Vegas and I swear you will not be disappointed.

Also, try Richard "Humpty" Vission. His house music is top notch. If you wanna just get up, dance, or bob your head, you can't go wrong here either. Fun with a capital F. Also, if you liked the sound of the 80's, this is the way to go...

I'll shut it for now and add more later. DISCUSS!

P.S. Let's keep this intelligient. If you wanna post about how bad I suck for liking techno, do it in the flame forum. I'm tired of having good threads ruined because of BS. Please, be an adult.
    Listen To Your Heartbeat Flow And Imagine
    Become Jackson Pollack Airbrush Chinese Dragons

Lady Succubus Electronic and House Music Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I actually like Techno. I have some programs on my comp to make my own techno mixes. I'm still playing around with them. I like Crystal Method. Paul Oakenfold, Apex Twins.. there's a lot that I like. I can't really list them all because I don't remember. >.>;

ChaseEdwards
    I'm a big techno/electronica fan. I still don't know which type I like the most (house, trance, electronic, techno, dance, etc.) but I like songs that have a lot of energy.

You may want to check out www.di.fm as they have a bunch of radio stations dedicated to the various types of music I listed above. You're almost guaranteed to hear something you've never heard before, and it's usually pretty good too.

Bye-Bye, Taisai Electronic and House Music postalblowfish7's Avatar
    i like electronica and idm (intelligent dance music) - the kid a era radiohead, kraftwerk, air, boards of canada, etc.

i also think that daft punk is ****ing incredible - human after all is one of the greatest electronic releases of all time imho - it's a headbanger's ball full of rhythmic pound/ambient aesthetic - shit repeats so many times you start to get double vision while you listen to it. anything that can **** up your head as much as that is one of the best.

i also make my own electronic music - have an entire double disc coming out some time next month. i'll make a thread about it when it happens (or you can check out my myspace by clicking on matoya in my sig )
    ~ R.I.P. Alexander Server ~
    Phinn - San d'Orian Hume - Shiva Server

Electronic and House Music $Nanaki$'s Avatar
    Well let's see, going all the way to the godfathers of electronic music, Kraftwerk.. to Front 242, Frontline Assenbly, Skinny Puppy, Download...to things like FSOL, Faithless, Daft Punk (and Stardust, a side project from one of the guys in DP)
    Aphex Twin (dont'cha just love the uncensored video for "Windowlicker"?) u-ziq(Michael Paradinas) .. and DJ Paul Oakenfold.. I think that's enough to get started on
    Summer bled of Eden
    Easter's heir uncrowns
    Another destiny lies leached upon the ground
    A gilded wreath of reason
    The flower crushed conceives
    A child of fragrance so much clearer
    In legacy

Comments? suggestions? Insults?

Electronic and House Music Leroy's Avatar
    Scooter & O-zone.

Haha, numa numa.
    REMEMBER JET OMG

Electronic and House Music $Nanaki$'s Avatar
    Oh I forgot to add

Marshall Jefferson, the Godfather of House!!!!
    Summer bled of Eden
    Easter's heir uncrowns
    Another destiny lies leached upon the ground
    A gilded wreath of reason
    The flower crushed conceives
    A child of fragrance so much clearer
    In legacy

Comments? suggestions? Insults?

Tiroskan
    Ooh, love dance music (The catch all term around here.), but I don't own much. I was a child of the ninties so it's the music I grew up on. Usually trance or something really high energy. Always surprises everyone at school because I appear to be totally into rock music and then they put on something they think I'll hate and I'm like: "Ooh, cool. Who is that? I have to go download that." Daft Punk are just incredibly catchy and awesome.

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I tend to slide to the Happy Hardcore side of Techno and Electronica... Bonkers is classic shit.

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter

manjula01

House Music

...best house music for me is the "euro club hits" compilation series... check this link (direct to itunes):

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...Club+Hits+Vol+

Viva la SePOOHroth!!! XD Electronic and House Music luckystar314's Avatar
    love electronic music!!

Death Before Dishonor Electronic and House Music Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I used to listen to electronic music, but now the only thing I really listen on a daily bases is Daft Punk. There shit is genius, Around the World, Digital Love what more could you possibly ask for.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Electronic and House Music

You can do any dance.I like to shuffle to trance,electro and basicly almost all EDM music(except for cheap crap techno).Just find your own moves and you could be rocking the dance flour like you've never,and don't forget to have fun while you're at it.

The Bad Boy of TFF Electronic and House Music Block's Avatar
    I'm a pretty big fan of electronica in general: trance, techno, drum n bass, electro-rock. I just recently got introduced to two awesome artists:
    Marco V (introduced to me by Che)

DJ Icey (introduce by my cousin Randy)