• Yes

14 82.35%
  • No

3 17.65%

Thread: Do You Do This?

Death Before Dishonor Do You Do This? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Do You Do This?

I always seem to associate songs with things I do when I listen to those songs.

Example 1: When I would play Legend of Dragoon I would always listen to Question by System of a Down. Now everytime I play it I can hear that song in my head, or when I hear that song I can see LoD in my head.

Example 2: When I am on TFF I used to listen to A Little Piece of Heaven by Avenged Sevenfold, and many Breaking Benjamin songs. Now when I go through the site I hear those songs in my head, or vise versa.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Memento Rhapso Do You Do This? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Do You Do This?

I associate the FFVII soundtrack with my surroundings, like at the main college building I hear the ShinRa theme, then walking to the bus area I hear the battle theme, then at home it's Anxious Heart for the Nibelheim-like area

Josh, you have an excellent taste in music btw

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Blog Entries

back when I was a rebellious teenager, I used to listen to the whole Fort Minor CD while I was playing through KOTOR lol. Not sure why but it kept me in the game for hours at a time and now it makes the game more nostalgic for me haha. I also used to listen to the Discovery CD (Daft Punk) while grinding in Diablo II, and again it made the game more enjoyable/nostalgic. So yeah sometimes I do, while I was playing games.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Che

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_R View Post
    I always seem to associate songs with things I do when I listen to those songs.

Example 1: When I would play Legend of Dragoon I would always listen to Question by System of a Down. Now everytime I play it I can hear that song in my head, or when I hear that song I can see LoD in my head.

Example 2: When I am on TFF I used to listen to A Little Piece of Heaven by Avenged Sevenfold, and many Breaking Benjamin songs. Now when I go through the site I hear those songs in my head, or vise versa.

I do that except I listen to good music.

Bananarama Do You Do This? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My buddy and I would listen to Maiden while playing Gears 2 online.

I don't really associate songs to anything else, except people. Yknow, how like there are songs that people associate with relationships and the like.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

A Plain Old Derp Do You Do This? Padraic's Avatar

I started to do this after I had a project for a class where I had to associate a song and some activity, action, or story.

I'm quite petty because I know that when I get angry I don't stay mad for long, but when I'm feeling angry, and I want to stay that way I listen to heavy music. Which makes sense why metal heads can be quite angry

When I do chores I listen to leisurely music out of boredom, so now whenever I do a chore I also burst out singing "I'm Singing in the Rain". Quite relaxing actually.

Registered User Do You Do This?

When I was younger, my birthmother would play a lot of nature ambiance music when it was time to clean house. I would be sound asleep, and then all of a sudden I would hear "The songs that whales make" or something else that was supposed to be relaxing and tranquil blaring over the sound system that she had. I don't listen to that kind of thing often, but if I somehow happen to hear something similar, I get those feelings when I was younger of "Oh gawd...it's house cleaning day...".

One CD I listened to when I played Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the first time was Keane's "Hopes and Fears" album. Now, when I hear a few select tracks from it, I think back to playing Kingdom Hearts.

So yeah, I do sometimes associate songs with things that I do/have done.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

I associate some genres in general with some games if the music ingame sucked and I decided to use my own constantly...

Apart from that I'll think of a song when I see a person if something really memorable happened involving them while the song was playing, but otherwise I don't really associate songs with things.
    victoria aut mors

Death Before Dishonor Do You Do This? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    I do that except I listen to good music.
    lol... I'm sorry that my music taste is not as refined as yours is Che.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

forever alone in hell Do You Do This? final fantacy_tifa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yea I do it whith a lot of things but it depeneds lilke if I'm working I lisen to rmb cus for some reason it gives ne the get up n go kinda attantude but anything else I lisen to rock n heavy metal

**1 tequila,2 tequila,3 tequila,floor**

time your wasting just your do to better anything have you don't this reading you r why <-- read backwards,

DO NOT HURT MY PET LEMON lemons have feelings to you know !!

Imperius Rex Do You Do This? Storm's Avatar

There's a song called "Return of the Beserker" by The Futureheads which I always associate with the fast paced rush when desperate for the toilet. You know you're getting nearer to one but you wish you could just move at the speed of light to the bloody thing!

That’s the main day-to-day one I can think of, and I know there are others, but I can't think of them at present (trust me to remember something I associate with toilet tough)! On a kind of similar note, whenever I hear songs from the albums "What's the Story, Morning Glory" by Oasis, "Parklife" by Blur, or "Nevermind" by Nirvana. Europe's "Final Countdown" and Lordi's "Hard Rock Hallelujah" remind me of my friend Paul's car, when we have driven to Bournemouth with a couple of other friends (Lee and Pat), and Pantera's "Cowboys from Hell" reminds me of my trip to Cornwall with Dan and Paul. Also, "Stripsearch" by Faith No More reminds me of Spyro the Dragon, and "Papercut" by Linkin Park reminds me of Final Fantasy VII.
    Last edited by Storm; 05-03-2010 at 09:15 AM.
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

I have a peguin on a stick! ^_^ Do You Do This? Kooky Spice's Avatar
    Being held hostage by the imaginary people that live in this fictitious reality

I listened to a lot of metal or hard rock when I used to skateboard. That music could actually define how well I did, or gave me the right rhythm to pull off some pretty sick shit. That's just one example of many.

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

Crash Boom Bang Do You Do This? Lily's Avatar

I like to listen to Queen when I do the housework, gets me motivated

I like to lol. Do You Do This? ExQuentin's Avatar

Oh... I associate songs to everyday activities all the time! I even do the same thing with words! If I screw up and hear a word, every time I hear the word again I feel sorrow... Akward, at least it dosent happen as much anymore. As for music I used to listen to Matchbox Twenty and play RuneScape (this was like two years ago lol) and now everytime I hear their great music I think of that game it is wearing off at least .

Registered User Do You Do This? DawnHero's Avatar

I guess it is in all of us. I can't deny, Pearl Jam "Plush", when I'm painting and sketching. And Aerosmith when I'm working on my car.*Muscle car, tuner crazed* I keep my IPOD close, and my IPhone closer. I'm listening to Pearl Jam "Even flow" while typing this!!!! "Feeeeelinnnnng maybe he'll see a lil' better, set of daysss" !!!

Learner Do You Do This? CloudTide's Avatar

Whenever my phone rings and i pick it up and then it ends up being a telemarketer it gets really annoying which reminds me of that song Telephone by Beyonce.
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Bananarama Do You Do This? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually, this is gonna sound super gay, but I'll share it anyways.

I totally relate the song "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer to my little league days. We would have team batting cage sessions on Thursday nights, and the cages we went to were outdoors, and almost always had some kind of Top 40 station on. Well, on what I felt was THE most perfect day; an orange hued sunset, the temperature dropping just enough to be comfortable, with a slight breeze, and "Kiss Me" playing as I took my swings. I was 13, just graduated from grade school and just living the dream. It was absolutely glorious.

Heard the song in Burger King today, with guys from my softball team, and it instantly brought back the memories.

True story.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers