Thread: Blind Guardian

I invented Go-Gurt. Blind Guardian Clint's Avatar

Blind Guardian

Since there's so much crappy music on this forum, I thought I'd bring some more good music here.

Blind Guardian is a German Power Metal band, which was formed in the mid-1980's.

YouTube - Blind Guardian - Last Candle (live)

YouTube - Blind Guardian - Mirror Mirror Live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVQ6JZiPc9w

Any other Blind Guardian fans here?
    Last edited by Clint; 09-26-2008 at 09:05 PM.

Oh don't you worry, we know about Blind Guardian here. You appear to be mimicking my music tastes, sir.

I love Blind Guardian and I don't own as much of their stuff as I should. I'm no where near the fanboy I am for Gamma Ray or Helloween, but nonetheless, they're a great band. Nightfall in Middle Earth is pretty much my definition of a perfect album.

Until now!

Synthesized Ascension Blind Guardian Zardoch's Avatar
    I hear that. I've listened to them for a few good years and they are definitely one of the better power metal bands out there currently. I'm a bit sad though that another album hasn't been released and is said won't be till 2010 or in '09. That last album generated a lot more praise and talk about them, so they should try to make a new album soon, which quite possibly could break them into the known, or well-known in this case.

I also agree Nightfall is the perfect album. There's so much to love about it.

P.S. - Don't worry, Lion. Considering the fanbase of TFF, most people here have questionable taste in music, if not terrible. Mostly it's just kids enjoying the mainstream and have yet to really get deeper into the music itself. They'll come to eventually, .

I invented Go-Gurt. Blind Guardian Clint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Nightfall in Middle Earth is pretty much my definition of a perfect album.
    I like Night at the Opera better than Nightfall. It has more overdubs, which is strange, considering the excessive amount that Nightfall had, which makes the album more epic sounding. It also has the greatest song Blind Guardian ever wrote; And Then There Was Silence.

YouTube - Blind Guardian - And Then There Was Silence (1/2)

YouTube - Blind Guardian - And Then There Was Silence (2/2)

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    Blind Guardian... They're not in my top ten by any means, but I do enjoy the odd song. I'd say they're the best of their own particular genre... I owned one of the albums once upon a time, but I think I must've sold it... or lost it.

In any case, I like them, but they're not really my usual choice of band so I don't often listen to them.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

I want to play a game. Blind Guardian Zargabaath's Avatar
    I only have Night at the Opera for them but do plan on getting more of them. Favorite song on mentioned cd is Battlefield.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I had a strange urge to listen to them the other day, its amazing how something that seems rather cheesy can come off as quite epic. I do not normally listen to these guys but I do find them quite impressive.

Sir Prize Blind Guardian Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blind Guardian are a pure Cheesefest. I love them though, in the same way I love Lordi, Rammstein and Blutengel; in kind of a secretive embarrassed way. "I'm Alive" was good... Couple others come to mind, but I can't think of their names.

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Arkasyl
    I know this band, I like it. but not all. My favorites songs are: Blood on my hand, Celtic Spirit, Battlefield, The soulforged and Mirror Mirror =)