Thread: Afi?

Afi?

um do any of you guys listen to AFI. they've been one of my favorite bands for a while and i was just wondering what u guys thought of them.

Arachnie Suicide Afi? ChloChloAriadne's Avatar
    They're okay.

I used to love them.. To be honest, they just got old for me, and it's just not my taste in music. Some of it's good, some of it I don't enjoy so much.

I guess they're good at what they do. It annoys me that they seem to be kind of.. Cashing in on the current 'emo' trend a little. I'm slightly sick of spikey haired, mascara-dripping fourteen year olds squealing "I loooove afi cuz its liek, sew emo!!!11!". I think that irritates me more than the actual music.
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah

Synthesized Ascension Afi? Zardoch's Avatar
    Yeah, I loved AFI for a lot of my teen years, but not the modern version of them now. Black Sails in the Sunset will always be my favorite album and I wish they stayed like that. After that things just got...weird. They're still good musicians and Sing the Sorrow was still overall great, I just wish they wouldn't have joined the craze like vamp said.

Yeah I quite like AFI, although like everyone has said, I much prefer their older stuff. Deceember Underground was just way too emo popish. Sing the sorrow was quite good though.

ya i agree with u decemberunderground wasn't that good but all of their old stuff is from sing the sorrow and before is ****in great hopefully their new album doesnt suck balls

i lost interest in AFI when they sold out and got away from their roots. their new stuff sucks and even if they go back to their old ways i still think i wouldnt be into them like i use to be.

as for their old stuff like the stuff on the old school punk-in-drublic or the early punk-o-ramma cd compilations i still love that stuff.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Stage Dives, High Fives. Afi? Confession's Avatar
    Meier Link old school punk-in-drublic
    NOFX?

Afi, were good when they were punkish, I think their first album, some song about a phenoix? That was good, but now you look at them today, and there just become another trend setting bands. GLITTER AND EYELASHES!!!!!!

Davey did/does? have a pretty cool devil lock though.

Misfits <3

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

Blog Entries
    AFI...hmm...I only know two of their songs well. Both of DecemberUnderground. One was good, the other was boring. I like Miss Murder 'cause 1. It's catchy and 2. It's the only song I can play on Guitar Hero 3. On easy, too. >.>

I have some of their old songs on my WMP list...I just can't be bothered to listen to them. >.>

But I love their name...'A Fire Inside'. Hm.

Death Before Dishonor Afi? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I enjoy AFI they recently released a new album, it has a song on it that is featured on Guitar Gero 5. It is called medicate it is a rather good song, I think in this song they have retrieved some of their older roots...

YouTube - AFI Medicate Music Video [Official] HQ

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Always have and always will love them. 'The Art of drowning', is still one of my all time favorite albums.
    REMEMBER JET OMG