Thread: one thing i def do not like about this game...

O Rly? one thing i def do not like about this game... Arch's Avatar

one thing i def do not like about this game...

The license system....wtf is that! i prefer the sphere grid over the licnse system anyday!
    atleast in the other FF'S i could put all my team in the same armor instead having to get a License for it...

License System = Ridiculous

Wat was you least favorite part?

Arch, Pronounced Ark

TFF Family
    My TFF Family:
    My Brotha! and Best Friend Black Waltz

Stage Dives, High Fives. one thing i def do not like about this game... Confession's Avatar
    Penelo. I can't think of anything besides Tidus that has been more annoying in the FF series. If you looked up Orange Peel dipped in poo, in the Charisma dictionary, she'd be there.

I loved pretty much anything else about the game... As far as I can remember anyway, I'll try to think more lol.

Hippity Hoppity
    Sean.

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

I think some of the status effects enemies give you are the worst thing. Disease is especially annoying. I know it makes it more of a challenge, but making it to where you have 1 HP after you die until you heal it is just ridiculous. Especially later on or when you're being swarmed. Everything else was fine.. don't see why anyone would dislike Penelo that bad, she's a decent character. The only thing I see about her that's annoying is her battle stances.

That's quite a difficult question. I don't think there was anything I disliked about the game.
    It's just that I sometimes thought that the characters were a bit too crazy. Take for example Dr. Cid. He was totally crazy. No other words that describe him. xD" I didn't like him because he was a psycho (and because of his relation with Balthier whom I didn't like either x3"). When I played the other FFs I realized that there were more like Dr. Cid, but he was the first one I really noticed.
    So... I dislike Balthier. I dislike the whole fact that Vaan isn't the protagonist of the game. xD" I think the reason why I hate Balthier is... that he's the hero of the story but I didn't want him to be the hero because I didn't like his personality. (He reminded me of a person I didn't like. <_<" Arrogant and always having to say what is on your mind... I like the more silent characters more.)

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Soup Kitchen Jerk. one thing i def do not like about this game... Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_W View Post
    The license system....wtf is that! i prefer the sphere grid over the licnse system anyday!
    atleast in the other FF'S i could put all my team in the same armor instead having to get a License for it...

You know, I was never really bothered by the license system. I liked the customization of it, that you could just give characters abilities and equipment as needed. Want a character to wear only light armor? Oh hey, just fill in those licenses. But that's just me.

The most annoying thing in FFXII? Making money, probably. In other FF's, making money was as easy as fighting (save for VIII, which used the SeeD payment system), but in FFXII, you have to rely on random item drops to make money. It becomes frustrating for me.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Registered User one thing i def do not like about this game... Yesha's Avatar
    Mmm.. I reaLLy don't Like the thing.. that you have to gain that specific Loot to make an incredibLe weapon.. I remember that time.. I spent kiLLing Like 500 Cerberus to get that HeLL gates fLame thing.. and I got onLy ONE! That was annoying.. and time wasting.. urgh.. and I stick on using goLden axe.. and zodiark spear.. rather than getting that good TournesoL.. for my reserve members..
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Registered User one thing i def do not like about this game...
    I think that the license system gave a bit of a challenge to the players. Just because you have the gil to get a certain item, doesn't mean you can equip it. You have to earn your right by getting the appropriate license. Same thing for magic, armor, and stat boosts. I think it keeps the players from becoming too powerful too early in the game.

I rather enjoyed it, because I do love me a good challenge, but I understand if others do not share my point of view.

I will say that one thing that might have annoyed me was backtracking. Some of those areas were ridiculously long. But I got pretty good level ups, so maybe it wasn't too terrible.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 07-27-2009 at 09:50 AM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The Alpha &amp; Omega one thing i def do not like about this game... Einherjan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_W View Post
    I totally agree. It was things like this that got me to stop playing Final Fantasy X as well. It was as if Sid Meier made Final Fantasy.

Tsuna Feesh one thing i def do not like about this game... Fate's Avatar
    I think it provides a good challenge to the game, as well as a great deal of frustration. For example, you can get the Zodiac Spear so early in the game, but the amount of LP that it would take you to get there might not be available to you at that point in the game. Likewise, you can have every license unlocked, and you can still spend hours and hours trying to get the Danjuro. Though, I have to admit that it was pretty unique. I like it for the challenge it provides, but I don't like it because it makes you wait so long to use new weapons or equip useful things.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Master of the Shadow Key one thing i def do not like about this game... KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    Stupid addictive Marks. Every time I go try to kill the stronger ones I die. I try to give up on them and finish the game already, but they hang there, on the post board....mocking me.....I still haven't finished it yet.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

Well for me getting license is good for me. It's not really bad! Well it is your opinion that you don't like it maybe because there is better systems from other ff games than this one. For me I like it!
    The one that I just don't like on this games was the ending! It's so unsatisfying you know if u notice that... Hehehehe

Saved from wrath
    Romans 6:23

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I liked the Licence System. Because I spent so much time trying to get all the Licences for everyone, it gave me a lot of time to level. And to me, it was a lot clearer than the Sphere Grid in FFX.

The one thing I didn't like was the collecting loot to get the good items on the bazzar. I spent hours trying to find the right animals to kill, only for them to not drop what I was looking for. =/

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

the mysterious one thing i def do not like about this game... gothdra's Avatar
    I disliked the battlesystem. the gamebits where good and all but I missed the old way of fighting that was in the previous Final Fantasy`s

I also disliked the ending. it was very unsatisfying and I kinda felt empty
    Last edited by gothdra; 08-15-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Guenhwyvar one thing i def do not like about this game... imapanther's Avatar
    The only thing i didn't like about this game is the treasure system, classic example: Tomb of Raithwall when you're supposed to get the Demonsbane sword as the prize for killing the first Demon Wall, but sometimes it doesn't appear, or sometimes its just gil or a different kind of item. The percentages they use for it are sometimes quite frustrating!

Oh boy.

For me The License system was fine, nothing really amazing there, it was just basically assigning weapons and abilities of your choice to your party members. It was kind of like the Sphere grid in which you had to have a certain amount of points to unlock an ability or or weapon when it comes to XII and increase some stats. The reason why I didn't mind the Sphere grid was because that was how you leveled up. In XII all it's really for is just allowing a character to use something, which in my opinion was kind of dumb, I didn't see what the point was.

The battle system was fun at the beginning,but I'm not a fan of constantly hacking away at stuff because it just gets boring, kind of like me and shooting games. I can play them for a while, but soon enough I just get bored of doing the same thing over and over.

I hated the place just before the beginning part of Nam-Yensa Sandsea, it was soo long and Friggin boring I didn't know what to do with myself.
    YouTube - Final Fantasy XII - 30 Into Nam-Yensa Sandsea

That was the only part I can think of that I just hated. Also trying to make damn money!!!
    especially since that's a big part of the game, needing to get weapons, armor, magicks, and techs.....-_- I felt like you never earned and dough, so I had to do lots of extra training on the side.. LOTS for extra loot.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 12-06-2009 at 11:33 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Death Before Dishonor one thing i def do not like about this game... Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The license system was alright, but I am more old school you know using the same type of weapons throughout the game. Not too big on having to buy the right to use accessories. In fact the only thing I liked about XII was the story, I commend square-enix for trying something new but for me it wasn't good at all. Tip for future FF's no license board's...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I want to play a game. one thing i def do not like about this game... Zargabaath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post
    The reason why I didn't mind the Sphere grid was because that was how you leveled up. In XII all it's really for is just allowing a character to use something, which in my opinion was kind of dumb, I didn't see what the point was.
    The license system and the need for licenses was a natural extension of the rigid structured society of Archadia, epitomized by its Judges so said the battle designer which makes sense and is reminiscent of FFT:A and FFT:A2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    I will say that one thing that might have annoyed me was backtracking. Some of those areas were ridiculously long. But I got pretty good level ups, so maybe it wasn't too terrible.
    If you think some of the areas in Final Fantasy XII were long, try Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga and probably a lot of the SMT games - those are long dungeons/areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post

The battle system was fun at the beginning,but I'm not a fan of constantly hacking away at stuff because it just gets boring, kind of like me and shooting games. I can play them for a while, but soon enough I just get bored of doing the same thing over and over.

That was the only part I can think of that I just hated. Also trying to make damn money!!!
    especially since that's a big part of the game, needing to get weapons, armor, magicks, and techs.....-_- I felt like you never earned and dough, so I had to do lots of extra training on the side.. LOTS for extra loot.
    And pressing "Confirm" to attack in the previous games was different. Most, if not all, Final Fantasies were hacking games, Final Fatnasy XII was different in its representation, but if all it takes superficial differences to appease you then have fun with that.

Earning money got easier with the "books that I have forgotten their name for that made certain monsters types drop more often. Plus, it shouldn't be a cake-walk to earn money, otherwise it would be too easy and the marks help with the farming process.

What did I dislike about FF XII?

I would have liked the license board to have been set-up a bit different (Ex: in order to get White Magic 8 you have to learn a Green Magic license), I would have preferred that they made it tidier. However that could have been supplemented by the option to turn off some menu options in the battle screen if your character wasn't using them to make it easier to go through magic/technik list.

I would have liked more Wind, Water, and Earth spells but I think certain Espers were suppposed to be the later spells of the aforementioned elements.

I may include more but I must leave this post prematurely for now.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    The license system and the need for licenses was a natural extension of the rigid structured society of Archadia, epitomized by its Judges so said the battle designer which makes sense and is reminiscent of FFT:A and FFT:A2.
    That makes sense

And pressing "Confirm" to attack in the previous games was different. Most, if not all, Final Fantasies were hacking games, Final Fatnasy XII was different in its representation, but if all it takes superficial differences to appease you then have fun with that.

Earning money got easier with the "books that I have forgotten their name for that made certain monsters types drop more often. Plus, it shouldn't be a cake-walk to earn money, otherwise it would be too easy and the marks help with the farming process.
    Yeah you're right, they're basically the same thing, but I think it had to do, a lot with the fact that in XII most of the areas you explore are wide open areas like desert or large plain, you travel, kill fiends and collect items along the way, which is the same for all FF's, but I felt like there was much more to do in earlier Final Fantasies when exploring for a long time, besides the World Map of course. It was just running through large plain areas to get to the next. If you think about FFIX for example, you get at least some type of puzzle, or dialogue along the way. Not to mention that there's more " Food For eye " In other FFs. I wasn't a big fan of running across endless plains all day, (but that's just me) Not that , that's all the game was about, but that is what was most time consuming.

And no, I don't think money should be super easy to get, but I always have to get everything so that's probably wh it was such a pain for me
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 12-08-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

honestabe86
    One thing that pisses me off about the game is how obselete the summons are.

Rabanastran one thing i def do not like about this game... Belugn's Avatar
    I sort of missed further interaction between the characters. I felt that some of the characters, even those of the very party itself, never exchanged more than perhaps a few sentences between each others. Then again I'm probably spoiled with scenes and character conversations after FFX.

I both liked and disliked the license system. I felt it could've been more refined and perhaps more complicated than it was. I still never had the feel that I could actually customize the characters stats etc into something quite unique or over the top, creating a speed demon or magic genius.

Do the elements trust you? one thing i def do not like about this game... bahamuts heir's Avatar

Re: one thing i def do not like about this game...

In reality I have 2
    1) the maps were worthless I got lost half the time and was in dungeons meant for characters half a game farther
    2) licence it took forever to get through that thing made it difficult to specialize a character while keeping their armor decent and it made getting your characters stronger an incredibly slow process
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Praetor of New Yevon one thing i def do not like about this game... Icemaush's Avatar

The thing I disliked the most was that one-handed swords were so strong throughout the game, up until two-handed swords and zodiac spear, so I just ended up keeping the characters starting weapons. I'm thinking about starting a new game up but sort of following a class guide or something to make it a little more interesting... Still a very, VERY cool game though.

Our Hopes and Expectations one thing i def do not like about this game... Ernest's Avatar

I probably agree. A lot of it is redundant (though you'll find the odd person who insists that Crossbows are just the greatest thing in the game). It was a simple mechanism, but it just wasn't rewarding.

Gambits however..... delicious.