Thread: Wife having major probs with dark cloud/final boss

Keith

Wife having major probs with dark cloud/final boss

Hello there..My wife has got to final boss on ds version..Major problem is she is getting wiped out very quickly..She has now become so upset,that she has said she will not finish it..From what ive seen of her game her set up is..Thief,knight,white mage and summoner all around level 60..Sorry not sure of job levels or if they matter or not!!!...So over to you good people..Please could you offer any advice and or help?..Seeing as this is her first ever FF game,i would like to see her complete it...Thanks in advance for any help.

Blog Entries
    Has she killed off the Echnida/Ahriman/2 headed dragon/cerberus bosses yet? Without killing off those, beating the Cloud of Darkness is pretty much impossible. Other then that, I hope that you brought enough healing items and stuff with you, because she can hit for a lot of damage. Keep your White mage alive at all costs, and have him healing your party the whole time. Have your summoner use Bahamut every turn. Your knight and thief should be doing as much damage as possible. If possible, try to get your thief to a different class, as it is tough to keep him alive under the CoD's attacks and there are other classes that can deal out the damage in a more efficent manner.

Best of luck to your wife!
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

If one may suggest, perhaps she might want to change her White Mage job to a Devout or Sage. That allows her access to level 8 magic spells like Arise, which will bring KO'd characters back to life with full hit and magic points. She might also be better served by changing the Thief to a Ninja. The Ninja can do devastating damage with shurikens, and is a more effective fighter. Put the Ninja in the back row and have him/her throw shurikens. The Cloud's Lightning and Particle Beam offense tends to take their toll so have the healer heal every round. Make sure the Knight has Ragnarok and Excalibur to ensure his/her best potential.

Also, Rocky is correct, I hope she isn't being fooled by the scene just after Xande's defeat where the characters are KO'd. You must let the scene play out so that the characters are revived. Just wondering...

Hope this helps, Kyuzo.
    Forever suffering from the 'CONFUSION' status effect...