Thread: The FFIII Help Thread

The FFIII Help Thread

I'm kinda surprised there's no stickied Help thread. People keep making them, so it's best to just have one.

Post all your questions and troubles and hopefully someone here will answer you. If in doubt there's always Gamefaqs

I'm afraid I can't be of much help as I have yet to play the game ^_^;;

neosintex
    i cant beet the ending boss and she one shots me how am i supposed to beat here?

neosintex
    and thats after the part where you have to loose

Blog Entries
    Ok, first, I hope you have made a seperate save file before you went to the dark world, otherwise if you don't have all the stuff that I reccomend, you could be in some serious trouble and you might have to start at an earlier save point if possible. So, before you go into the dark world, have all of this.

-Be at LEAST level 50, higher the better.
    -Have the Ninja and Sage jobs
    -Have a crapload of healing/revival items to get you through. (max out your inventory
    -Have all the best spells, like Bahamut, Leviathan, Life2, etc.
    -Make sure you have some ribbons equipped on your characters. I know you can have at least two so far, but one might let you get by.

Before you even take you have to take down the 4 bosses that guard the crystals first, (Cerberus, Echidna, 2 Headed Dragon and Ahriman) they will allow you to actually KILL the final boss, otherwise she will be invincible once again. Just to let you know, these four bosses you have to fight are no cakewalk at all. Cerberus can do some big lightning damage, plus his physical attack can petrify characters. Echidna has many ways to instantly kill characters, plus her Quake/Flare magics do a lot of damage to your whole party. 2 Headed Dragon can pretty much 1-2 hit any character on your team, the beast has a shiteload of strength. Ahriman's Meteor can do 3000+ damage to your whole team.

Basically, you need to be stocked up on plenty of items to get you through the Sylx Tower and beyond, because after that there is no resting point for your party. If you aren't prepared, then you're pretty much out of luck and you might need to restart to an eariler save point or even the whole game if you didn't back up your saves. Good Luck!
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

&quot;The False Hero&quot; The FFIII Help Thread Cloudx7xstrife's Avatar
    im dissapointed in the many people who are NOT using this thread.

Spoiler:
    i am surprised to see NO ONE has gotten to the iron giant yet! if people are having problem during the game GOD SPEED on the iron giant!

Knight of Shadows The FFIII Help Thread Mallick's Avatar
    I just finally got the Invincible. I am trying to get Bahamet and Leviathan but everytime i deal around 10,000 total, they use an uber death attack that kills all my party members. thats the only problem i got with them. thier physical str aint too bad. and what is a good strategy for the boss before you obtain the Fang of Earth? I have a Ranger, White Mage, Dark Knight, and a Monk.
    My TFF family:
    RinoaLeonHeart, my wonderful little sister...touch her, you die.
    My other lil sis, Lilith.
    My awesome, younger bro, Fate. We kick ass together. You've been warned.
    Spoiler:
    Me + Fate = Death to Meier. (JK lol!)

95% of teenagers would panic if the Jonas brothers were about to jump off a 100 foot building.Copy and paste this if you were the other 5% that would bring popcorn and invite friends!

Join the Dragon Clan! You know you wanna!!! You gotta love Dragoons though, he-he!!

The Whitemage, Curaga's only 300gil The FFIII Help Thread TehRealDinnin's Avatar
    Alright I'll admit it now that I've died a good 100 times. I need some help.... /sigh
    So here it goes:

I need to kill Odin (I believe thats his name) He rides a horse and has a spear and you can steal Gungir from him, which is what I do in battle and make my dragoon equip it.

My party setup is:
    Knight in front with a shield and Blood sword to drain health back
    Dragoon in front with Dual Spears and attacking regularly for 2 turns than jumping for the next parts.
    Theif who is really and honestly on their for stealing the Gungir so I can obtain 2 Of them. One from stealing and one from a random drop at the end of the battle.
    Whitemage for an obvious reason of healing. When he gets that Zanketsun move its riddiculous how he wipes out my WHOLE PARTY unless Dragoon is in the air. Even than he has one chance to beat him when he comes down.

I have killed him once but he didnt drop the second Gungir and I was pissed and restarted my DS. So any tips on fighting him? Or Strat to have all my characters NOT die. Also note I'm trying NOT to level up any farther so I CAN max my hp when I get blackbelt, since it gives the most MAX HP when you level.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み The FFIII Help Thread ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    Well, first of all to get the Gungnir you have to steal it fro Odin, and your thief needs to be a certain level, but I'm not sure what it is. It's above 50 I think, I'm not sure because I've never got the Gungnir. But anyway, to kill Odin, I had a Knight, A Dragoon, a White Mage and a Black Mage, and I just pummelled the crap out of him with the Knight, used Jump with the Dragoon and had the Black Mage cast spells, with the White mage there for healing. I'd recommend being above level 35. Depending on what level you are now, you may need to level up further.

The Whitemage, Curaga's only 300gil The FFIII Help Thread TehRealDinnin's Avatar
    In order to STEAL the Gungir, you theif has to be job level 99 and no lower it has to be max'd. For levels They are all a little over 35. Any higher and I can't get max hp. and I can't sacrifice my Theif to a Blackmage for dmg cause i need to steal so the dragoon can do 9k jumps XD.

In that case, anyone have suggestions on where I can get some thief weapons cause I'll be honest. His weapons suck <.< lol he can barely hit 1k on Odin. As with my Knight who only has a sword and shield is doing 1.2kish

Knight of Shadows The FFIII Help Thread Mallick's Avatar
    well, when i fought odin that last time, i had the lust dagger and the rising sun weapons. i think you get them in the earlier parts of eureka, which i went to before getting the earth crystal...bad idea. but yeah, moonring blade and lust dagger is a good combo.

and where, god help me, is the iron giant at?!!?!?!?!!?
    Last edited by Mallick; 04-02-2009 at 08:08 AM.
    My TFF family:
    RinoaLeonHeart, my wonderful little sister...touch her, you die.
    My other lil sis, Lilith.
    My awesome, younger bro, Fate. We kick ass together. You've been warned.
    Spoiler:
    Me + Fate = Death to Meier. (JK lol!)

95% of teenagers would panic if the Jonas brothers were about to jump off a 100 foot building.Copy and paste this if you were the other 5% that would bring popcorn and invite friends!

Join the Dragon Clan! You know you wanna!!! You gotta love Dragoons though, he-he!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mallick View Post
    well, when i fought odin that last time, i had the lust dagger and the rising sun weapons. i think you get them in the earlier parts of eureka, which i went to before getting the earth crystal...bad idea. but yeah, moonring blade and lust dagger is a good combo.

and where, god help me, is the iron giant at?!!?!?!?!!?
    First of all, in order to unlock this boss you need to send at least 8
    messages via Mognet to your friends. Then, send 4 messages to "The 4
    Elderly" followed by 4 messages to "King Arusu", and when he replies to it with a forth mail, grab your airship that can go underwater and go to the area where you started the game. From that place, start heading to the right side and continue going until you see a big circular
    shadow inside of the water.
    There, go down with that special airship and you'll be able to enter a
    secret cave, where you will fight this optional boss, the strongest one
    available in the game.
    The enemy starts by using "Meteor" several times. After losing a certain
    amount of HP, he will use several physical attacks and "Slash", that hits
    everyone in your party for good damage.

After defeating him you gain a massive amount of experience (99999, in
    case anyone is wondering), alongside with lots of money (once again, the
    incredible amount of 99999 gil) and a card that you can use in your
    messages. Besides, you can go back to that area, and probably fight him as
    many times as you want.

Registered User The FFIII Help Thread IrvineKinneas's Avatar
    I kneed help against gilgameth(sh) haven't got very far in the game because he just keeps killing the crap out of me. Any suggestions?

Edit:

Never Mind beaten it now turns out it's name was garouda lol.
    Last edited by IrvineKinneas; 04-10-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Selkie in training The FFIII Help Thread Silver Spyro's Avatar
    HALP. After you beat the game, (I ask this question all the time for games. ) can you still play the game? Like go around and fight monsters still? Hope I can get some asnwers here. xD
    Call me Silver.

Boredness rules us all The FFIII Help Thread Midnight Panda's Avatar
    how do you defeat bahamut the first time!?
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

Registered User The FFIII Help Thread Xtrmn8r_V.13.7.3's Avatar
    In a dark room to prevent glare, Auckland, New Zealnad

Re: The FFIII Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Spyro View Post
    HALP. After you beat the game, (I ask this question all the time for games. ) can you still play the game? Like go around and fight monsters still? Hope I can get some asnwers here. xD
    Yes, you can continue in this game after you clock it, the only difference is that you have three stars next to your profile. . .

When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of
    Power, the world will know peace.
    ~Jimmy Hendrix~

Thanks to Kilala for my Avataar and Signature

Melodious Schemer The FFIII Help Thread Final Hearts 69's Avatar

I had defeated the boss in Drawven hollows and I have a shadow following me now...but that's not what I need help on. I need help on advancing. I have fairies saying that I need to kill a wizard in order to return the Elder tree. but where can I find him? I also have some villagers telling me to go to Castle Argus and bring back their loved ones. But there's no one in the castle...and I can't get into the floating Elder tree. What am I suppose to do next?
    "All I did was watch, I didn't even try to stop her...that was my sin and this...this is my punishment." -Vincent Valentine, FF7: Dirge of Cerberus-

The FFIII Help Thread Secret Weapon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had defeated the boss in Drawven hollows and I have a shadow following me now...but that's not what I need help on. I need help on advancing. I have fairies saying that I need to kill a wizard in order to return the Elder tree. but where can I find him? I also have some villagers telling me to go to Castle Argus and bring back their loved ones. But there's no one in the castle...and I can't get into the floating Elder tree. What am I suppose to do next?
    @Final Hearts 69: Did you talk to the Dwarf that's by where the alter for the Horns of Ice is? You have to talk to him so he can release the ward thus, letting you put back the Horn of Ice whatever his name was stole. Something happens after that, don't wanna spoil it for ya but this will help you move on with the story!

how do you defeat bahamut the first time!?
    @Midnight Panda: I wouldn't bother with him u less you've been to Eureka, but if you must persist... I suggest you go grind wherever the strongest enemies is for you at this point (Eureka I suggest or in the tunnel lair where the Earth Crystal is near the Crystal Tower). Before I even touched these Leviathan or Bahamut, I trained a thief to steal gunghir from Odin so by then I was like level 57 so they were pushovers to me. Good luck!
    You Are Ichigo Kurosaki....

{My Loving TFF Family}
    My Mastermind Trivia Dad: Phantom
    My FFVII Obsessed sister : Unknown Entity
    My Caring Big Sis : Crazy Chocbo
    My Most Welcoming cousin : Priscilla
    My Anime-Addicted mother: Athna Loveil
    My High Flyin and Profiling Pilot brother: Final Fantasy Cid
    My FFVII, Tifa Befriended aunt: Winterborn86
    My Kool Aid addicted cousin: Mr. Spike
    My Yaoi Raving mom: Bleachfangirl
    My Cristina Scabbing Worshipping bro: Fishie
    My Ready to Knock Your Lights Out bro: Silver

Thanks Halie for the sig pic!

RPG's currently playing: Final Fantasy VII, Pokémon Crystal, Devil May Cry Collections (1,2 and 3)