Thread: A few things I'd like to know about this game...

Postingway A few things I'd like to know about this game... Maciariello's Avatar

A few things I'd like to know about this game...

So I've been scoping out this game and considering picking it up mainly because I just recently got into Final Fantasy games and I'm severly hooked on them. I've played the FFIV DS remake and I couldn't help but notice the similarities between this game and FFIV (graphically). Is it anything like IV on DS?

Also, is there a storyline with set characters or is it more of a "create your own characters" kind of game? I prefer RPGs with mapped out characters (like IV, VII, VIII, IX, X, etc.) but a friend of mine told me about how older Final Fantasies had characters that were more dynamic and not restricted to one particular job in the story (most notably Final Fantasy 1).

For instance, Kain Highwind in FFIV has a specific purpose in the game with a distinct personality and a very recognizable look and feel. I prefer that over something where you choose a name and kind of make up a personality for a character. I realize this game has the job system, so that's why I ask. Are you recommended to create your own characters or do they already have personalities and set destinies with jobs that you can choose for them?

Thank you in advance!

Registered User A few things I'd like to know about this game...
    I have FFIII for the DS and I like it. I think that FFIV is better though, but that's just my opinion. There are job classes in FFIII, so you pretty much have to train your characters in what skill you want them to have (but you already knew that). As for personalities, at first there are some good scenes where you see how the main characters are and how they interact with one another and some NPCs, but as the game progresses it sort of becomes less noticable. At least that's what I think. Also, there is no voice acting, but that's not a bad thing. It's just a difference I noticed between IV and III. One more thing: you only have 4 characters to play (Luneth, Arc, Refia, and Ingus). Not a very large cast like in some FF games, but I don't think that really hinders anything.

Just a quick thing I want to say: Cloud of Darkness is quite possibly the most difficult final boss I have ever faced off against in the FF series. It wouldn't have been so bad if there was a save point before you got to it, but alas there is not...
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

HRH Albha A few things I'd like to know about this game... Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    FFIII: DS is very much a 'create-your-own-character' game. There is a tiny amount of backstory for Luneth, Arc, Refia and Ingus but no where near as much as there is in most other games in the series.

Character interaction is very low since the original NES version had very few 'cut-scenes' and the only points where anyone does much talking is when they meet a new guest character.

Still, the job system manages to outweigh these flaws.

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ I¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014

I feel epic... A few things I'd like to know about this game... Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    FF III, well its nice to officially get it for one. But, getting off the FFIV DS boat, I think you'll be slightly disappointed, but that doesn't make it a bad game. The plot, while simple, is as important as the last game. Not to mention, without this game, the job system wouldn't exist. So that's kinda nice to be able to make a team of whatever you want. As far as leveling goes, I don't think you need more than 60, but it doesn't hurt to go a little further. The last part of the game is a real trial. Starting from the area before the Crystal Palace. You must make it through(count 'em) FOUR dungeons, six bosses, and then the final boss all in one run. o_O O_o Despite this, the game is rewarding, and there's plenty of fun to have. Avoid Mognet, though, it's pointless. -_-

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

DAYUM I LEAVE FOR 3 YEARS AND THIS PLACE DIES A few things I'd like to know about this game... Ethan Blitzball King's Avatar

Re: A few things I'd like to know about this game...

all the beggining final fantasy games were pretty simple

Just a quick thing I want to say: Cloud of Darkness is quite possibly the most difficult final boss I have ever faced off against in the FF series. It wouldn't have been so bad if there was a save point before you got to it, but alas there is not...
    Amen to that, I went all the way through the Syrcus Tower and the World of Darkness (with no trouble at all), thinking that if I could kick the stuffing out of the Dark Crystal bosses I'd be fine against the Cloud of Darkness. Boy...was I wrong...
    "Time...it will not wait...
    No matter how hard you hold on,
    It escapes you..."

FFIII also has a large amount of continus bosses lik right after you beat Doga you have to fight Uzie(I think?) without healing, also they attack many times per round as you progress through the game, making it very tiring...

Rune Knight A few things I'd like to know about this game... Trodorne's Avatar

I loved the fact that they mentioned there is balance to the crystals when it comes to light and darkness, that warriors of darkness show up to reign chaos upon the land if things are too good and nice. which to me makes alot of sense.

heutenitaz

Final Fantasy III is a terrific-looking RPG that what it lacks in story, nearly makes up for in its addictiveness and charm. The game can be pretty tough and the job system isn’t as polished as those in Final Fantasy V or Tactics, but it’s easily one of the best RPGs for the DS.

A shining blade of holy light. A few things I'd like to know about this game... Mythgraven's Avatar

ive beatin ff 3 for ds and i think its an awesome game. right now all my characters are onion knights lol. but i havent played the game in a while cause im trying to finish ff4 for ds.

Registered User A few things I'd like to know about this game... tetsu346's Avatar

i just think ff||| is hard

Registered User A few things I'd like to know about this game... Xtrmn8r_V.13.7.3's Avatar
    In a dark room to prevent glare, Auckland, New Zealnad

FF III is a fun game, like most of the first few (I - VII)

There is quite a wide variety of jobs, but each character has their own story mapped out for them (This mainly happened after FF II) There's a bit of a difference in the graphics in my opinion though, the FF III people are smaller and look cuter, and FF III is an actual tbs (Turn based strategy) whearas FF IV has a timer based strategy like FF V, VII etc

I recomend you get it, it's a good game!

When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of
    Power, the world will know peace.
    ~Jimmy Hendrix~

Thanks to Kilala for my Avataar and Signature

Registered User A few things I'd like to know about this game... Xtrmn8r_V.13.7.3's Avatar
    In a dark room to prevent glare, Auckland, New Zealnad

Thumbs down Re: A few things I'd like to know about this game...

Quote Originally Posted by Trodorne View Post
    I loved the fact that they mentioned there is balance to the crystals when it comes to light and darkness, that warriors of darkness show up to reign chaos upon the land if things are too good and nice. which to me makes alot of sense.
    this guy is looking at buying the game, you could have spoiled someting for him. . .

When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of
    Power, the world will know peace.
    ~Jimmy Hendrix~

Thanks to Kilala for my Avataar and Signature