Conversation Between Andromeda and Leon

938 Visitor Messages

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
  1. We'll definitely make plans, but sadly I doubt it'll be soon. Christmas is coming and my only day off from now is Christmas Eve. So I'll only be available during the morning IF you ever hope to catch me again, and there are times I don't stick around for long. Just today, I finally got word that I can train for other classes and after some searching I opted for Culinarian. I didn't even know that was in the game. I knew about mining and crafting, but I wasn't aware of cooking. If I wasn't hooked before, I am now. As far as combat is concerned, I'm undecided between Thaumaturge and Gladiator.

Pugilist is my main class so I'll progress with the story as I level up. And I can see what the patch has done. Someone in our Company pointed out the increase of Summoning Bells and I couldn't help but chuckle at the thought.
  2. Yup, there are plenty of dungeons in the game most you'll hit for story reasons, but you can return to them as many times as you want. The first one is lv 15 I'm pretty sure Sastasha, which you unlock when you go to your first destination during the airship ambassador trip. I've actually got my tank leveled to start running it. So I can help you out with it whenever.

And yeah, the story is a big focus for the game. Each patch will be more story so even after you finish everything more will keep coming with each major patch. It gets really good once you start getting into the latter part of the campaign. The first really cool moments and interesting surprises/twists will happen when you face the first primal.
  3. Dungeons? Oh, boy. The sound of that just makes me look forward to it. Speaking of the story, I think it's actually good so far. It certainly impressed me more than the last MMO I played. Then again, it's Final Fantasy. All stories met some success.

It was also nice to talk to you in real time. Haha ^^
  4. Glad you were able to join. It took a little while, but eventually our times crossed. I had meant to ask where you were in the story. That means you'll be running the dungeons very soon.
  5. Feels great to be part of the group now. Didn't mention this earlier but by the time you sent me a friend request I was about to gain access to airship travel for the first time. I'll stay alert for events, gatherings, and things like that.
  6. Aha, so they're slightly different. It's not what I expected from the Job system but I like it. Pretty neat idea.
  7. Many of the Final Fantasy games do not expressly state jobs. Steiner from FFIX would be a Paladin, though he lacks the heal. But it was also a standard of FFXI. But there are classes and jobs, Paladin is a job, Gladiator is the class. When you get to level 30 of the class you unlock the job quest to switch to the job for that class. You still earn experience for the class even if you're the job. The jobs are the types that are more Final Fantasy in nature like Warrior, Monk, White Mage and Black Mage.
  8. I've started out with Pugilist and so far I think it's good, though I heard there is a Paladin class and I'm curious how that would work in the world of Final Fantasy. The only Paladin I can think of of course, is Cecil Harvey from FFIV. But I'll try them all in the end and pick out a favorite.
  9. I'll keep an eye out for you trying, but it seems like Sunday might be the easiest.

Black Mage is my favorite, which is my current main job. I have several other jobs leveled, so I'll get to them in time. They all generally feel like a lot of fun.
  10. I'll keep it in mind. I was recently asked to work one of my nights off and I didn't refuse, so I'll be on this Sunday night only. At least from 11 PM and onwards, but I'm likely gonna be late since, like you, it's random.

What is your favorite class in the game so far?
  11. It's ok. You don't have to worry about it. It is the one of the few things that I think Square could do better, allow you to invite people not signed in. Anyway, unless there is maintenance schedule I'm on every weekday between 11:30pm and 12:30am CST and then Friday most of the evening/night, Saturday is night and Sunday is a random, sometimes all day sometimes part of it.

I can still invite you even if you don't have access to the Free Company stuff I'm pretty sure.
  12. Someone else was using the PS3 so I couldn't get on at the time I posted here. I usually try to leave everything else off when I'm online or using my PS3. Using both wouldn't be fair for everyone else living here. Sorry you had to check repeatedly for me, but I wouldn't worry about much since I discovered I don't have access to Free Company yet. I'm off work Sunday and Monday nights, and I tend to play during the morning on other days. I can't promise an exact time frame since I rarely get notified when someone else wants to play a game, and quite honestly I can't blame them. If you want a suggestion, I'd say keep trying until we're both finally online. I'd just hate for you to go through a lot of trouble for my sake. A lot of people do x_x
  13. I did check repeatedly at night for you. I'm guessing I missed you. I wasn't sure if when you post is the time you planned to be on or if it was a different time. But you're actually coming in at a good time. If you've been following the FFXIV news here, you'll have seen there is a patch coming out next week that is going to add a lot of new content.
  14. Fair enough. Someday we'll catch each other online and take it from there. In the meantime I'll just progress with the story and do whatever quests I can. No rush.
  15. Unfortunately for now, you have to be in the game for me to send a friend request. After that I can invite you into the LS and FC. But they do provide a lot of tutorials help explain things in the game. So you should be fine.
Showing Visitor Messages 46 to 60 of 938
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast