Conversation Between Andromeda and Leon

938 Visitor Messages

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
  1. Yeah, guildhests are pretty fast and easy to do. It's decent practice for partying, but is still most times just a free-for-all. Dungeons and the Primal battles are the best time you'll have to learning how to work your role within the party. The higher the level the more refined you have to be in your position.
  2. I already consider it chaotic to participate in any dungeon runs, so I'm expecting Crystal Tower to be like the Apocalypse. But 24 people in one place sounds like fun so I can still enjoy it.

Btw, I've been doing guildhests before my trial expired and I find it easier to level up than regular grinding. Of course, I suppose that's because you get a big completion bonus ONLY when you finish one for the first time. At least I managed to get my Pugilist to level 20 by doing that.
  3. Crystal Tower is a lot of fun. It's a little chaotic at times since there is 24 players in the space on top of any monsters and bosses as well. So it gets to be a little nuts to see it all.
  4. In that case I'm pretty sure I'll stick around for a while. There's still a lot I haven't done, and one of the things I really want to do in the future is venture into the Crystal Tower.
  5. You could just save up and wait a little longer and buy it then. It really will be cheaper in the long run.

There is definitely plenty to do and there will continue to be plenty. The longer you wait the more that will be coming as each major patch will be large amounts of new content.
  6. Perhaps, but buying a little at a time seems to be the better route for me and much easier on us overall.

Glad to hear it. My trial expires on the 4th and it may be a while before deciding on whether I use this current paycheck to pay for it or wait til the next one. It's hard making the call at this point but I'm fine with either choice. There's still a lot for me to do without ARR, so it won't kill me to stop if I had to for a while.
  7. You can buy that all in box sets I think now, which is a lot cheaper and is the entire season. But Code Geass is definitely a very good series.

Finances is on you. So you do what can work for you without filling you need to keep paying. The game will be here for a while and mostly many of us as well. Considering who you saw, we all have subscriptions paid for, so it is very likely we'll be here for a while to come.

Congrats on completing Ni no Kuni.
  8. It's helpful in the end, it seems. Fortunately I'm used to sitting in front of the TV for hours so dungeons will be cakewalk when it's time to deal with them >.> I'll just travel less so I can save up on Gil in the meantime.

Speaking of money problems, my free trial expires on the 4th and I'm not sure if I'll be able to pay for the next month so I'll wait until my bills are paid for. It's funny, really, since earlier I ordered the first two volumes of Code Geass from Barnes and Noble. Ever since I decided to buy my own anime I haven't been able to watch a lot, so it'll be fun to rewatch the first 10 episodes....which just so happens to be the point where I left off. I hear it's quite the tear-jerking kind of anime so we'll see how I react when I reach that point in the far future.

Oh, also I cleared Ni No Kuni yesterday. I plan to save the post-game content for later so I can focus on other things. Happy New Year, btw.
  9. That is correct you'll have the Tam-tara and Copperbell to get through before you are getting close to it. But yes, the mount makes traveling around the world a lot easier. It is free travel and you move a lot faster than on foot.
  10. Looks like I'll have to clear another dungeon in order to make some progress in the story. Deepcroft, I think that was the name. I like the idea of having my own Chocobo mount, it would definitely alleviate my money problems.
  11. Yes, as you progress further in the story more dungeons will unlock for you. There are some optional ones that unlock, but not until much later in level. Once you're around lv 20 you'll be able to get your chocobo mount, but you have to complete up to a certain part of the story and pick a Grand Company to join.
  12. My only problem so far is gathering Gil. I keep traveling by airship and Teleport and the fees start adding up if done so many times in one playthrough. I'm just glad I don't have to buy different sets of armor for each class...

The Sastasha is the only dungeon I can access from the Duty Finder. Would I have to play through the story some more to access the others?
  13. Monk is a good job and they've made some tweaks to it recently to improve it. There are a couple other dungeons you can run around that same level as well to get some variety for yourself. Glad you found something you feel comfortable with. It's good to have a job you like.
  14. Then I'll continue to get used to Sastasha more. Still need to reach the lv 20 quest for my Pugilist class. Out of all the classes I've tried, I've warmed up to it and Lancer. It's funny since I can get the Monk job by leveling up on both.
  15. I'm glad you're getting more comfortable with it. The lack of communication will happen pretty often. It comes from people just knowing the dungeon and expecting people to also know what they're thinking. In general, after a while things flow mostly in the same direction. So it usually works out. But you'll definitely want to get used to the way things work in Sastasha, because it is the easiest dungeon in the game. And is the least complex one. When you get to the Primal battles things will really ramp on you. The game requires a significant amount of movement and awareness of surroundings.
Showing Visitor Messages 16 to 30 of 938
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast