Conversation Between Andromeda and Fate

69 Visitor Messages

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. I'm trying to get one of those Green Chocobos now to test it. I hear its speed and survival are excellent. I can't find a Tonberry, though... Are they supposed to appear anywhere in AF300 Bresha Ruins?

Oh, yes, my friend mentioned that. Ah, those three slots. I thought they were part of the main timeline. I REALLY want DLC characters, though--mainly Hope. That Coliseum timeline makes me rather suspicious. Didn't that thing say we'd be back?

Congrats! That was how I beat it, too, actually. I did manage to fight Yomi head-on and stagger him, but he would ALWAYS use the shield right after I staggered him. And yet, despite eight minutes of poison, I still got five stars.
  2. I finally beat Yomi and I did it through a method I forgot was used against the XIII version when you weren't strong enough to defeat him out right. I stuck poison on him and that did all the work for me. I probably would have finished the fight a lot sooner had I started out that way.
  3. Yeah I got destroyed by the Proto Behemoth too when he stood up. I think the Green Chocobo is supposed to be good since I see people using it, but I do like the fact that Flanitor has the healing feral link.

There is talk about the DLC providing something additional to the story for the game. And they say that the far left three slots on the Historia Crux is intended for DLC. So I guess we'll see how that turns out.
  4. When I saw AF4XX Academia, the opening of Star Ocean 3 popped into my mind. I find it nice that tri-Ace helped out with the designs (on Lightning's valkyrie look). AF500 Academia has that Proto Behemoth that I CANNOT seem to beat. Those two things with incredibly high defenses keep me occupied, and once the behemoth stands up, I get swiped at for 6,000 a hit.

Ah, that is true. I had forgotten about infusing monsters. While I've always kind of been a fan of raising monsters, I was unsure about how it would work it this game. It's not perfect, but I do like it. Have you found any Medic monsters better than the Flanitor? I love its Feral Link.

Ah, I've never actually seen any of the Star Wars, so I unfortunately can't relate, but I do wonder about the cliffhanger... Some part of me just wants a perfect ending, so there's hope that the secret ending will provide some closure. But now if Square is planning a Final Fantasy XIII-3, nobody would be surprised. How did you feel about the normal ending, though?
  5. Yeah AF400 Academia is quite annoying with the endless Ci'eth, but AF4XX Academia is very pretty to look at and a lot of fun. It is one of the few places that is safe in the game, but it is a city. AF500 Academia is just annoying and looks a lot like the final dungeon in XIII with all of the moving blocks.

I think most of the monsters are present because they all have different abilities and passives which you can then power up and pass on. So most of them are meant to be used to infuse with other monsters. So in terms of active use, they are pointless, but in making better monsters they are not pointless.

Yeah 3 RAV is very nice, not to mention that I think each additional role that is present provides additional bonuses to you. That was the way that it worked in XIII. Which is why it was good to do 3 SAB you would get bonuses to your debuff accuracy.

The funny thing that I was thinking about the game was that XIII reminds me so much of Star Wars. XIII is Episode 4, the movie that stood alone. Then you get XIII-2 which has a cliffhanger ending and pretty much everything seems lost. Even the story itself is darker and more grim than XIII with such a focus on death, the unavoidable fate of death and just all of the bad things that happen. XIII-2 ends up looking a lot like The Empire Strikes Back, which was darker and left you knowing that there was going to be more.
  6. Ah, I can't remember the timelines very well. Yeah, the one that's the final dungeon. I think they should be very easy for you now. Ugh, that dark Academia was by far my least favorite place (which is funny because the bright Academia is my favorite). I got so sick of those Ci'eth. Though I think somebody found a way to use that to max out the Crystarium with a turbo controller.

Or have more monster slots than just three. I miss using the Tri-disaster Paradigm that I used a lot in the first game to build up stagger lightning fast. It kind of makes 70% of the monsters actually seem more obsolete than they should be. I don't need any of the Ravagers or Saboteurs or Synergist ones. At all. Sentinel didn't seem so useful in the game at first, but ooh, boy, it got useful. Kind of my least favorite class, too. And then you have the stupid accessory weight. I wanted to equip the Auto-Haste accessories, but those take up 75/100 already. I think it's ridiculous. All I equip are ATK/MAG-raising accessories and Hp-raising accessories because that meets the weight and I have can three.
  7. AF500 Academia you mean? I hated fighting those two Pacos, but I guess I'm stronger now. Though I also played all the way up to the final boss without a Sentinel Paradigm. But there beam spam just got annoying. Though AF500 Academia was annoying period, there was a spot that spawned monsters like every two steps you took. It was so annoying.

I don't even know why they killed their ability to Synergist either. FFXIII everyone had their strengths and abilities others did not, but you had enough people to pick from that you could make a party with all of the skills possible. Here you can't do that because you have limit monsters you can have in your party. If you could actually make hybrid monster roles that would solve the problem, but I read somewhere that you can't have a Medic Monster learn/use a Synergist ability. Which makes sense, but also really kills the overall usefulness of things. It ends up making those ATB speed increase weapons far more important than the 6 ATB bars one. I ended up switching to a ATB weapon rather than using the weapons that had more damage output because of it.
  8. YES. THANK YOU. I always thought about the nerfed Synergist class in this game for Noel and Serah while I was playing. In FFXIII, I would cast Haste, Bravery, and Faith to end the battle as quickly as possible, and I'd not worry much about Protect and Shell. But in this game, I worry more about surviving. Yeah, for almost everybody, I wager Commando, Sentinel, and Medic are what they pick. I got one of those Microchu things that seemed like a very good Synergist, but I couldn't find space; giving up survival is too much. I did find that the Behemoth somewhat compensates for it because its Feral Link gives the party Bravery and Faith (I think; I'm bad at the symbols).

Well, if you redo AF700 Academia, you can refight those two Pacos things that drop two Scarletites, each one selling for almost 20,000. It doesn't take all too long, but I mostly just sold Collector Catalogs. You can get those from the Dahaka Cup (Fal'cie Class) in chocobo races. The golden chocobo should be able to win easy with stamina and strength at A.
  9. He's annoying in FFXIII, but it also felt like you made more progress against him. I know first couple of shields I didn't get a break, but after that I was able to get a break, but I would not be able to get the entire time to attack him. Plus the biggest things that makes FFXIII-2 more annoying, neither Noel or Serah have haste as Synergists. They are both terrible Synergists. I would always have haste in my fights, which meant that I would be able to get through them faster. The paradigms that you can make in XIII-2 are hampered by the fact that you can only use three monsters. And so it ends up being a case of sacrificing something that you can live without. Which usually means going Commando and Sentinel with the three monsters more than likely being Medic, but being wild card for you. You can't have a perfect set up like I did in XIII. I think if I had haste all the time, I could have beaten Yomi.

But I got my Golden Chocobo with the plan to start doing the races. I need some better stuff and I need money. Since I'm likely going to just buy a lot of the monster materials I need to forcibly level them up. The only ones I can't buy are the Grade 5 specifics. I can still get the Potent though. I need to find out where the Catalogs are so I can get them as well. I've got some of the Fragment skills that improve my farming, but I need the Catalogs.
  10. I forget that the enemies had so much HP in the first game. I'm planning on going back to play it through wholly, but that thing is kind of discouraging me now. Yomi was bad enough. Also, the HP of the final boss compared to the third battle is just...stupid.

I never even fought Yomi until I got my better weapons, because I didn't really want the ATB Gauge +1 weapon made from his Trapezohedrons. I got Adamantites and money from chocobo races, and the rest from Immortal and Ochu.
  11. Yeah the one FFXIII had like 15 million HP if I remember right. But he spammed the shield early on, but later the more you hit him the less that he did it. Unfortunately, I fought him for like 20 or 30 minutes I'm pretty sure and I couldn't reach break status. So I just stopped and decided to move on to something else. I got his health down to 900,000, but it was just a war of attrition, which was something that I was not in the mood for dealing with.

I only got my Golden Chocobo at the end of the night, I was focused on doing fragments. Unfortunately, it looks like to get the better weapons I'm going to need to fight Yomi. Ochu was surprisingly simple though.
  12. Ugh, God, that Yomi. I never got through all the missions in FFXIII, so I can't remember if I ever got to it, but this one is just a pain. I ended up just using (SAB/SAB/SEN), (MED/MED/MED), and (SEN/SEN/SEN) to whittle down its HP until it died.

If you ever need to max your golden chocobo (if you haven't already), I can recommended the Clearwater Marshes, since those things drop Potent Essences like crazy, and crystals, too.
  13. I haven't done anything in Serendipity other then grabbing the fragment skills. I may have more fragments, but you have stronger weapons and monsters than I do. I still have to beat Yomi and Invincible, but I need to get some stronger stuff to deal with them. I really hate Yomi, he's the same as the final Ci'eth mission in XIII, just with less HP.
  14. You certainly are diligent (and productive) about those fragments. We have about the same playtime, but you have about twice as many fragments as I have. xD

Have you gotten the Lucky Coin one in Serendipity? I've been trying, but I guess what I don't get is what I'm supposed to do to actually get it. Something about lots of 7s...
  15. I did them each for two rebirths. Well as a mage I one shot the spiders. So it's not a problem for me. But it's probably because you don't have new armor. If you're still 35-40 just expect to die a lot anyway until you get back up.

Well at your level you'll want to work on DEX I think, but in the higher GR you can do a hybrid or focus on one.
Showing Visitor Messages 16 to 30 of 69
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast