Conversation Between Andromeda and Unknown Entity

117 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Yeah, if you don't like the grind then it'll be a problem. The upside is that if you get all of the DLC, the free stuff, then you can actually offset a lot of the need to grind. I don't know how the rest of the DLC plan looks like, since I haven't paid attention to how it was for Japan, but it will probably continue to release content that will make it much easier to power through for free. That is the nice thing about Compile Hearts games, they offer a ton of free DLC that makes the game friendlier on those that don't want the hassle of grinding. I've got the first two weeks and had 500k gold among other really good equipment.

I think you can get online from the moment you have access to a save point, I think. I didn't really go online until later when I was helping out Loco. So I can't be sure, but it should be available at the start I would think. Once I finish Mugen Souls and Zero Escape, I'll probably be up for some WKC.

Didn't know you guys got the PSP title. That's a little annoying. I wonder if I can download it on my EU account and then transfer it over to my Vita to play. That might be a fun little experiment. ^^
  2. He'll probably like Mugen Souls a little more than me then. ^^; It does look fantastic and like a lot of fun, but grinding. I don't get time for long grinding games any more because... I buy too many games. Working in a game store with a discount did it. My severe backlog will probably kill me at some point, heh. xD;;

I probably won't be able to any time soon with work and getting other games finished, but if you do want to reunite in WKC1 or 2, hit me up a message or something. I sort of miss it. Do you need to be at any stage in WKC2 to be able to play online, or is that available from the airship at the start?

Never really mentioned it, but I have White Knight Chronicles: Origins on the PSP too. It's not that bad a game, to be honest. If you really like WKC and feel like giving it a go on the go, I recommend if it sees a release over there, or if you have a way of playing it.
  3. Well WKC2 is better refined than WKC. So there is going to be a fair bit of difference from them.

Mugen Souls is a lot of fun. It has a lot of the same feel that Disgaea has, but pokes fun at RPG tropes. There is a lot to do in the game, tons customizing both on the character and through clothing that they can wear. So as long as you enjoy those sorts of things and a fair to modest grind, you'll enjoy it. You'll definitely want to do some reading up on things since it makes things easier for the grind, with pretty high orders of magnitude. Like the difference of 10 gold and 250k gold magnitudes.
  4. I have no idea how it works either, which is why I never traded in my WKC disc in haha. I remember having about a million questions when I first got WKC2. I might run through WKC again when I get the chance. Shouldn't take more than six hours if I skip chests, if I remember correctly.

How's Mugen Souls? I'm getting it for David for Christmas, but I'm a little interested in it myself. xD
  5. I don't know how WKC1 works with WKC2. I'm guessing we can still play together, because the only way you're getting the platinum for WKC1 is by playing the original game and not the remastered on WKC2, since it doesn't come with trophies for WKC1 only WKC2. I don't remember how close you were to getting the platinum, but it is quite a bit of work for sure seeing as I put 500+ hours into the game. If I can I'll help you out, but I'm not sure if my WKC2 character can interact with your WKC1 character. The combat from 1 to 2 has changed, not to mention stats and skills as well.

I know Fluffy plays WKC2 and I've been trying to get back into it. Though I've been playing Mugen Souls right now. So it is a little hard. Still it is fun to solo large monsters in the free roam quests. I need to get stronger for the tier 3 sections, but I can do the tier 2 sections with no problem. My mage is pretty powerful with the updates they made in WKC2.
  6. Couldn't help but notice White Knight talks when catching up with Leon. ;p

I'm happy to come back to it. I'm still wanting to get that pesky platinum for the first one, seeing as I did put a lot of work into it (363 hours). David says he'll help me but he's not even finished the main story... So I have my work cut out for me a little bit. If Leon is interested in playing the first game to platinum, I'll be happy to pop on and see how much help I can be. Will be doing it anyway if David ever decides to get over his hate of his character not having a voice lol.

I've started White Knight Chronicles II, but didn't get very far. Still deciding on the spec of my new character, mostly. Never was quite sure what I was really cut out for lol.
  7. It's a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy it!
  8. Awesome! I'm very quite excited for it now. Been watching a couple of videos to get me in the mood for it later lol. Haven't really got into a JRPG since Eternal Sonata (still need to finish it though) or White Knight Chronicles. Kinda missed the genre. ^^
  9. I platinum'd Tales of Graces f, it was amazing. I've been playing all of the JRPGs on the PS3 as you know and it was the first that really took me back to those amazing PS2 days of JRPGs. Graces has pretty much everything, great characters, great humor, an expansive story, plenty of anime tropes, lots of replay value and a thoroughly enjoyable and deep combat system. Plus if you have a friend, co-op in battles up to 4, how can you turn that down? I'm pretty sure I put like 150+ hours into the game. So buy it immediately and have fun.
  10. Coming to you for more gaming to-buy advice!

Tales of Graces f. I've seen you playing it a couple of times when I check my list on PSN, so I thought I'd ask how you're finding it? It seems like a cute little RPG that's easy to master, so it might be what I'm looking for... it's released tomorrow here, and I have a Day 1 Edition waiting for me at work if you can recommend. ^^
  11. Staggering enemies is the exact same as it was in XIII, nothings has changed. The battle system itself is pretty much the same, they just made a few additions. Most battles should only last 10-20 seconds depending on number of enemies. With the added bonus of getting the drop on them, it is possible to end the battle in a few seconds. The combat is as it always has been, knowing the right strategy.
  12. I've watched my boyfriend play Atelier on PS2 when I asked what it was like. I'd be more interested if I had my PS2 set up in my room, but that's not to say I'm not. He's happy to lend them to me when I have a new controller for it. xD

XIII-2, huh? I saw that you've played the demo. I played the demo, but couldn't help feel a little let down. I don't even know where it came from, as I enjoyed FFXIII. I also couldn't seem to stagger the enemies (didn't understand why it wasn't working...), which made battles long and pretty boring. I'd pre-ordered the Crystal Edition, but might settle for a standard this time...
  13. Do keep in mind that Atelier Totori is the second game in the series. It is stand alone in that it isn't a sequel or anything. But it does take place in the same region of the world. So characters from the first Rorona appear. It's nothing terrible, but just a heads up that there may be things that you will miss or not understand that the game makes a little obvious.

While you may not be interested, there are other games in the Atelier series on the PS2. But they are paced differently than the Arland series of Atelier games. The Atelier Iris games and Mana Khemia play a fair bit differently, but if you enjoy sprite based games, they are worth it.

I'm actually working on Platinum'ing Totori in my spare time. So I'll be playing it more, at least until XIII-2 is out. Enjoy Neptunia.
  14. Ahh, okay. I didn't know a sequel was coming for it. I'll see how the first goes before Mk2. xD

So you'd say Atelier Totori is worth a second chance? I'll be happy to give it another go, but not any time soon. Have loads to work with at the moment, haha.

£15 is roughly between $25-$30.
  15. Found out today that the EU release for Mk2 is Feb 24. So you are getting it about the same time as we are. At least in the US it get a Mature rating, but that's only because they had some dialogue lines that were a little too much for a Teen rating. The core of the game is still the same silliness with video games.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 117
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast