Conversation Between Incognitus and OutlawTorn

15 Visitor Messages

1. Agreed. Gilgamesh is one of my favorite summons, right up there with Odin and Bahamut. The real Gilgamesh, or Bilgamesh, was a Mesopotamian King. The FF character also draws inspiration from a Japanese legend regarding a warrior who killed 999 swordsman, claiming their swords as his prize.

In my FF Tribute series, I also give him a FAR more prominent, respectable role as the heroes only hope of defeating Alexander, who is controlled by the primary villain. Alexander vs Gilgamesh proves as one of the best fights in the first 7 stories.
  2. You're absolutely right. Hopefully someone will step in to tango with you. Your plot foundation sounds interesting. I like how you have Gilgamesh as the guardian of Overworld, rather than his more familiar comedic relief role. Sounds way more important and crucial. It echoes how I feel about how the character should have been portrayed in some of the games.
  3. Well I'm no novelist, so my works will likely bore you. All of my stories are for the screen, so I don't Tolkien it up for you at all. I keep a good pace, giving and holding detail where needed. Where's the fun if I give you EVERYTHING, leaving nothing for you to play with on your own?
  4. Anything having to do with roleplay. It's something I tried way back when---at this very forum, with the now-inactive creator of the So, What's Keeping People from Actively RPing These Days? thread and a few others, no less---but found it wasn't my cup of tea. If the quality of writing was high, it's something I would be interested in reading, but I wouldn't want to participate. Hope that makes sense.
  5. What style would that be?
  6. Sorry I couldn't be of any more assistance. =/ That style of writing is not a strong passion of mine.
  7. While that would be better than nothing, it doesn't actually hwlp, boss.
  8. Hey, you're back! That link didn't work (truncated, I guess), but I will find it through your activity feed later this week. I think I mentioned it before but I am not a role-player. That doesn't mean I can't read what you've written, and I'll be happy to do that when I have some more time on my hands.
  9. http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ml#post1359749

Support the local RP scene and have some fun at the same time!
  10. Easily explained. I am a ghost! I don't check these forums often. I post a musically related blog about once a week---if I'm lucky---and.... yep, that's pretty much it. I log in every now and then to see if I have any notifications at the top there, and if I don't, I close the tab and move on with life. The fact that I caught your goodbye thread a few days after you originally posted it was a fluke. Clicked the What's New? on accident and saw all sorts of activity in a thread called "Peace Out!!" and figured someone was leaving, so I chimed in.

However, I am not a roleplay kind of writer so I would never actively participate in anything like that. Tried roleplaying back in 2003 and it caused more problems than I am willing to admit.
  11. So when I fought tooth & nail for creative writing, when I asked anyone who could write in english (available ATM or not) to support RP, where were you?
  12. All it takes is a conversation for two strangers to become friends. We might have a lot in common. For starters---clearly you like to write! As do I! That's something. I'm not as devoted to Squaresoft as you seem to be, but we can agree to disagree.

Regarding the Likes: I cannot control who likes my posts. All I did was put it out there. My intent with the post you quoted me was exactly as I stated in my previous message. It was a goodbye with my own quirky spin on it. If that was misconstrued in any way to mean something negative, I do apologize. I have absolutely no motive or reason to be sarcastically passive-aggressive against someone that (as you put it) was a stranger to me. I don't pick fights on forums. That's not my style, and there are better uses of my time.
  13. I could almost believe you, if not for the fact that the the people who opposed me the most, ALL liked post in question.

Plus we have never even spoken... A bit ovefzealous for 2 strangers, no?
  14. Ha ha ha! Okay, I'll play along.

Clearly your memory has betrayed you, so allow me to refresh it:

"Hey,March 2012 - November 2014.

How will history remember the OutlawTorn era? The world may never know.

I think I speak for at least one of us when I say 'A toast to you, good sir, for wanting to communicate on a specific-interest internet forum instead of ****ing social media networks.'"
    -You

If that isn't the most passive-aggressive, sarcastic body of text in message board history, I'll have to ask you to refrain from pissing on my neck and telling me it's raining.

You have yourself a swell day, Sport!
  15. Hey, you're back! Maybe history will be rewritten. Two things:

1.) I never claimed otherwise. Your activity speaks for itself, as does my inactivity. That was never a point of contention. I'm a ghost and have been a ghost since 2006 for reasons I cannot disclose. I only replied to your goodbye thread to say goodbye, in my own way. That's what they're used for around here. Plus I liked your sig image and wanted to incorporate it somehow into my goodbye message to you. It felt appropriate in a goodbye thread.

2.) To be perfectly honest, I agree with many of your base points that you wrap in this shroud of hostility, and I do commend you for sticking up for activity on a forum like this one rather than on social media networks. When I said I was speaking for at least one of us, I was speaking for myself. That was not a joke.

If you're sticking around, I would be glad to converse with you as time allows. Like I said, I'm not always around here (see ghost above). However, if you feel you need to converse with this level of ad hominem name-calling included, do count me out. An openly hostile visitor's message is not what I expected after saying goodbye in a goodbye thread.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 15