Conversation Between Joxsjua and Xanatos

11 Visitor Messages

1. Have you seen the leaked script... April regular teenager! Shredder modern army general!... that man must be stoped.
  2. Yeah with TMNT he's making them aliens from outer space instead of actual mutants from Earth. That was the one show I got up early on Saturday mornings to watch.. He's out of control.
  3. Seeing him brake Batmans back was a really nice touch by Nolan, I resent he kept footage of Bane's actual background to himself (there's no trace of it even on the blu-ray version of the movie). I wish they went with Banes original voice, it sounded way more intimidating, also what's with the lack of puns, there should have been room for "I will be the bane of you" =D
  4. Not to mention, Bane was 50x stronger in the comics. Definitely my favorite B-Man villain. I kind of did like how they made him intelligent and articulate but how he died was jaw-droppingly lame IMO as well, lol. I liked how they kept it true to the comic in respect to him breaking the bat's back though. I actually have that comic myself, but then that new guy came as a different Batman and it got a little odd.
  5. You bet your ass we'll see a third movie, as far as I know Ridley planed Prometheus as a trilogy. I never read any of the Alien vs Predator comics. Shoot me, but I thought the first Alien vs Predator movie wasn't all that bad, it had potential, on the other hand the second one was pure and utter garbage.
  6. Yeah I agree with you, I hope there's only a mural or one of those holograms beacons that portrays him as the Engineer. But I don't want them to talk an analyze it; just a silent part of the film where maybe a pair stare at each other in affirmation.

Tons of background on the Engineers themselves must be told and hopefully there's have time to explain why the Xenomorphs came to be the most adaptable species in the Universe .. if they don't accomplish all that, I demand a 3rd movie!! Be pretty fresh if there was also a tiny glimpse in to the past of the advanced creation of the Predators as well, if they chose to accept them in the story-arc..
    I'm dead-set in having a true version of Alien vs. Predator that quits that crappy Michael Bay cliche creating a story revolved around humans. The Dark Horse comics that AvP originated from is what gave me aspiration for future sci-fi. Let's avoid mundane Earth and proceed to a time in the future where we have space marines trained for a war.

Don't remember the last time a movie made me actually think in anticipation afterwards. With this, it's director's cut or bust when purchasing a hard copy.
  7. I see your point. This may sound strange, but I kinda wish there was a Jesus reference somewhere in the movie, a wall mural/image showing last engineer on Earth, beneath it "year one" or perhaps "our son", it would have given so much depth to this movie, although I understand perfectly why Ridley has chosen not to include scene of such magnitude.

Prometheus is a great movie indeed, here's hoping they release directors cut. As I already wrote in your thread I wish the sequel will go into more detail about Engineers.
  8. To quote Ridley entirely "sequence at the beginning of the film that is fundamentally creation. It's donation, in the sense that the weight and the construction of the DNA of those aliens is way beyond what we can possibly imagine," Adding that the planet isn't necessarily Earth, he says "No, it doesn't have to be. That could be anywhere. That could be any planet anywhere. All he's doing is acting as a gardener in space. And the plant life, in fact, is the disintegration of himself. If you parallel that idea with the other sacrificial elements in history - which are clearly illustrated with the Mayans and the Incas - he would live for one year as a prince, and at the end of that year, he would be taken and donated to the gods in hopes of improving what might happen next year, be it with the crops or weather, et cetera."

In the deleted scenes of the original film there were around 10 elder Engineers on the ground seeing the younger 'sacrifice' off in a farewell.

Unfortunately this might be some sick way for him to slowly spoil the story for everyone. Which in that case would mean it was Earth and that Jesus is going to turn out to be really be an Engineer that we sacrificed, ..revenge story. Honestly though I don't care if it was or wasn't. What I was getting at that was that everyone on the internet posting their translations saying "FACT: it is Earth" even when Scott never directly said so.

As a long time "Alien" film admirer, I watch in hopes to see humans get wasted for their errors and anticipate a full on war. In the process get a history lesson of the Xenomorphs and the Engineers. I hope he doesn't even touch base with that scene again and leaves it as an interpretation. I am not engaging these movies to focus on the "human story."

Fun to talk about though, I thought the film was brilliant aside from some of the idle discussions between the characters.
  9. To quote Ridley Scott "it might not be Earth", does not necessarily mean it isn't. I think it's up to us viewers to chose whether it is or isn't, I do believe it is in fact Earth as the engineer who sacrificed himself to create life fits the profile of Prometheus (Greece God who created humans and strived towards science) which is ironically or perhaps by pure chance also the name of the ship.
  10. Mad World by Gary Jules is indeed awesome, one of my favorite songs, the original version though is kinda weird, not nearly as dark as Jules's version.
  11. hell yeah, Link's Awakening! If they don't understand Link's roots . they prolly like the spice girls. Sorta like David Bowie And John Elton shared progeny but less effective... and their heads probably bobb like internet sluts.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 11 of 11