Conversation Between Catalana and Diyala

57 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Yeah Spain is very hot in summer .How's school and your English teacher XD
  2. Oops... so sorry ^_^' So many homework ! It's killing me :'( Hahaha
    It was great, we usually visit a lot of museum or historic places like " Italica " = the " old Seville ". It's a roman city wonderful and so huge ! But It was so hot too~ I was feeling like dying under the sun ! xD
  3. Cool ,How was Spain ?
    haha yeah accepted the apology but don't do it again
  4. I was in Spain for holidays then there was the beginning of the classes so it was difficult to be on the internet but now it's ok sorry for the absence :]
  5. I'm fine , thanks
    where have u been anyway !
  6. I'm fine thank you ! I finally came back !!!!! And you ? How're you ?
    Yeah Latin = Mother of almost all European languages I took latin and greek former this year again ( = optional subjects ) I love this
  7. Ponjo haha
    Hi how are you ?I learnt something about French language that it is a good friend of English
    Many words are shared with English , I guess the source is mainly one which is Latin right?
  8. Yeah diderot is a " philosophe des lumières " = a Lumières philosopher ( who was against the monarchy or something like that: he wanted another kind of government where the 3 powers :
    * judicial
    *executive
    *legislative
    weren't possessed by an only person~ the king [ or maybe I mix up 2 events xD because I studied this topic long time ago... ] )
    Plus he worked on the first encyclopedia and wrote several books... I own one ^^ It's " Jacques le Fataliste " = Jacques the fatalistic
    This book is... not like the other book haha it's like Diderot is talking to us sometimes, it's disconcerting but so interesting ! If you want to read you can ! I think it's one of the French literature mainstays ^^But it's difficult too but I think you can read it without any difficulties
  9. They sure do , they can sense things on their own way.
    I will check the poem , thanks.
    Diderot is a French philosopher , right ? what do you like about 'em?
  10. I found a sentence one month ago which told " the poet is a nightingale which, sitting down in the darkness, sings to cheer his own loneliness up with soft sounds ". This quote is from Percy Shelley, an English poet. I thought it was beautiful so I memorized it ^^ Sometimes poets write poems to express what they are feeling. Here it's the nostalgia; I love poetry <3

Victor Hugo is well-known here ! I have to read some of his books like " Les derniers jours d'un condamné " => this one talks about the death sentence, HUGO was against the death sentence so he criticized it through this novel ^.^ Les Misérables ... I read this book two years ago and will read it again He was very well and interesting ! With Gavroche, Causette, Jean Valjean and the others ! You have a good taste ! ^^
    I think I can find it
    Baudelaire, Fleurs du mal
    And on the left there are the other For Baudelaire's, you have to click on those where there is " Spleen" write just before the poem title Enjoy Baudelaire is very very famous.

Thank you for the website ! I will go check it for sure !
    Some writers, novelists or poets have the power to put magic in their words ... I love history books : Valerio Manfredi and Max Gallo are the best <3

Do you know diderot ?

Ahhh so this poem is recent, good ^^
  11. Yeah you will find alot of nostalgic poems in their poetry specially those who were exiled and away from home for several years and no hope for them to go back after the destruction left behind the American Invasion .

I like French writers , my favorite novelist is actually Victor Hugo in his masterpiece Less Miserables , woow I can't deny there were alot of tears when I reached the end , I was reading it like a crazy though it was divided into three separate books , but it was among the Greatest literary works I've ever read !
    I don't know about French poets , I wanna read them some though
    is there an English version for their poems ?

As for Ahmad Mattar ,take this one ( It's way better in Arabic though the English one is not bad) :

Obama in Arab popular culture « B-side Beirut

I laughed till death ! I was amazed of him ! I felt the magic that no one could ever had in his words but him !

This is the translation of the poem he wrote when Obama first came to power; from Obama to All gullible Arabs that thought of him as being the Dark Night of his age to demolish all their sufferings !
  12. I like poems which talk about nostalgia and melancholy... I think they are beautiful. The others too, all poems are on an equal footing whether they are written with verse or in prose Thank you for telling me : I love when someone explains to me the story of a famous person like this poet ! Here in France the famous poet are :
    * Baudelaire ( with his spleen )
    * Aloysius Bertrand ( With his poem in prose like " Ondine " )
    * Verlaine ( famous poet who has an affair with Rimbaud = a very young novelist and poet of the 19 century. It ended bad because I don't know if during one of their quarrels he or Rimbaud fired several shots on the other. Nobody was dead, just one hurt his wrist and they broke after. ) I never liked so much Rimbaud, but I like Verlaine : he criticized through his poems the rich and bourgeois behaviors in his society. Plus he put a little touch of comic in it Not bad ^^
    I will try to find Ahmad Matar poems and read them ( I hope they exist in English )
  13. Of course , the poem is one of hundreds of poems he wrote under diverse subjects mostly love , nostalgia , wars and the suffering kids ..etc .This one is called Shadows of Jekor in which he's talking to the village where he was born and bred . The poet is one of many greatest Iraqi poets that is famous in the modern Arabic literature in the twentieth of the past century . His name is Badr Shakir al-Sayyab . His language is beautiful in its simplicity and prestigious in its complexity and he is one of those who started to write free verse poetry . Iraq is a grand country with ancient civilizations and till today it is famous with its well known poets with their strong passionate language and some use of satirical criticism against political situations of Arabic presidents and the world as a whole .It's been always said that out of suffering comes creativity ! indeed I adore their immortal lines and the ink they write with !
    My favourit poet is Ahmad Matar and he is still alive .

By the way this was just like a stanza of the poem , it's longer than this .

Oh yeah I will be waiting for them
  14. Okay I will try to send you some pics of it when I will take them Promise !
    I love poetry, in my French class when we studied this I was " Yes ! " I always loved it so I am happy that you told me what it was and what it means And if you can, do you know the name of this poet ? or the name of this poetry ?
  15. Yep it's taken from a poem.
    He is an Arabic poet talking to the place where he spent his childhood and left it for a while to come back and see the very place as if time never passed on it .
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 57
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast