Conversation Between Cyanist and noxious.sunshine

60 Visitor Messages

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Gee, I thought chili was just chili. Why would anyone NOT add beans? URGH, yeah I HATE wasting food, I burnt some oatmeal the other day (because I was sucked into some manga) and I literally just started crying, I was so upset.

O.o; I've never tried Annatto seeds, but I have had a really stupid allergic reaction before (I forgot I slid a chilly pepper packet into my pocket earlier that day, I also foolishly blamed the problem on evil joojoo vibes... oh, and I accused a relative of purposefully causing the burning rash...that was awkward) It wasn't as bad as yours, though! That's horrible, did you forget to get the soap UNDER your fingernails? That's important...

Peh, I WISH I could just chillax when I delegate those tasks to my little bros, they ALWAYS forget and I end up having to remind them, but they don't do it and I end doing it for them anyway. *sigh* so I'm angry...

ouOU! You made up! Awesome! Love happy endings!

The anime vacay was like...surreal. My sister paid for Netflix and gave me her code and I've been going nuts with it ever since. I watched so many that I can summon visions of Ichigo and Hikaru at will. I've also been watching Mark Wahlberg movies.
  2. See the chili was this like big long complicated recipe that didn't use beans or tomatoes. And it wound up being really bitter and just. Yuckola. Really made me kinda mad 'cuz that's like a huge waste of food. Ugh. I also made the marinade for tacos al pastor (it's a type of pork) from scratch 'cuz I happened to find annatto/achiote seeds at Publix... Apparently my skin is really allergic to the pigment in them. I got it on my hands while soaking them. I washed my hands of course, but the next morning, I had a few huge itchy lumpy rashes on my arms and it steadily spread and got worse. By the end of the night my arms were completely puffy and pink, it'd spread to my legs, back, and sides, and my hands were so swollen I couldn't make a fist. I had to take one of my boyfriend's Xanaxes so I could fall asleep. It was horrible.

Our cat is picky about the litter box. I told Jay that if we bring her home, she's -his- responsibility. I don't do litter boxes. Ever. That's his and my baby's job.

But yeah. We made up.

Also. How was your little anime vacation?? lol
  3. HA! He actually DID that in a laundry basket?!? Oh, man, that's just nuts!!! I'm really missing out, not knowing anybody who gets drunk! DUDE!!!
    I'm not knew to finding urine in the laundry, though, that's totally normal when your brother forgets to change the kitty litter box in a hundred years.

O.o You're LEAVING him!?! DRAMA!!! I have, like, zero drama in my life, cuz... I live with my mother and brothers and we have a bad communication thing going on.
    Anyway, I don't particularly find chilly to be a tough meal, but I suppose if you're boiling your own beans as opposed to using a can...it could get tricky... but they also have chilly kits nowadays, too, not that I'm particularly fond of those, I always break out in goosebumps whenever I see the pouch of masa.
  4. lol! That's terrible!

They -used- to have money. Back when they could work. Hauling Ammo & military equipment doesn't pay as much as it used to though. My mom wanted "one more dog that's her's" before she kicks the bucket.

lmao I've heard roosters are like that.

I started to make chili (another long and labor-intensive deal), but then Jay started being an asshole and left, so I gave up after I got the meat cooked. He came home completely trashed and pissed in the laundry basket. I will murder him. He didn't even respond to me when I yelled at him. *Eye roll* I'm about to leave. I can't deal with his bs anymore. Not to mention he was acting like that in front of my kid and I don't have time for that mess. He's asleep on the couch. I wanna go wake him up, but nah. I'm exhausted.
  5. I finally hunted him down and confronted the brutish dictator, you wouldn't believe the nerve of some of these guys. He buys a broken computer for $30, practically gives up on the thing, then after his brothers fix it, first thing, he reclaims it, goes off and crowns himself Administrator, and blocks people from downloading so much as a PC cleaner without his all-powerful 'password'! GRRRRAAAAAHHH!!!!

*Whew* what were you saying? Oh yes, NANA, I have no idea what that could be, I'll check it out
    $3,000 eh? your ma must be loaded
    I didn't get the chance to make the dry rub because my brothers are in love with the old rib recipe and were threatening to penalize me for suggesting something a wee different! (They're stifling my culinary creativity! I should rebel somehow...)
    Yeah, I'm extremely careful about bringing stuff out there so it wouldn't ordinarily be a problem, but now we've got a rooster running loose and he likes to rush at people's legs when they turn their backs (sorta like a ghost from a Super Mario game) so now I have to shout at him and keep my eye on him as I back slowly towards the oven. It's like a bad action film =_=;
  6. lmao then the Administrator must be seen!

Have fun & good luck with that. haha
  7. Thanks for the recipe, I'll read the rest later, my computer is having some weird problem. Demands that I 'see' the administrator (I'm pretty darn sure that's code lingo for my brother) He must've DONE something! RRRRRAAAAARRRR!!
  8. Yeah, I hate asking him while he's gone in Afghanistan, but Jay taking over -all- of the rent has kind of added a little bit of a strain. And besides, it's not like he's spending money on anything other than Burger King and his car payment & insurance.

I'm not sure about Black Butler or The Slayer, but they've got a -TON- of anime. I saw Magic Knight Rayearth, Tenshi Muyo!, Death Note, Chobits, among others.. Yeah yeah, I know those are "popular", but you know.

I finally got to start in on watching NANA last night also ('cuz "Glamorous Sky" by Nakashima Mika is one of my all time fav. songs - she recorded the soundtrack for the movie that was made and did the voice of the rockstar Nana). I'm trying to find the movie right now, actually. No luck so far. They have movies too, but Netflix or just downloading whatever is a better bet. It's slim pickins' on Hulu Plus.

We've always had dogs growing up. Mostly boxers and poodles, though. My mom's teacup poodle Gidget just turned 3 the other day. She weighs 2 lbs and my mom spent nearly $3,000 on her. *eye roll*... I told her she should breed the damn thing and make some money, but she refuses. Whaaatever. It's a lot of work to train them when they're puppies - potty training and whatnot. And researching breeds is important too. A lot of people think Yorkshire Terriers are "sooooo cute", but they're a -bitch- to train - as with miniature dobermans. My mom bought a yorkie and the damn thing wriggled out of his halter while they were outside, ran in the street and got hit by a car. It was pretty bad. And my dad's Min Pin is 13 and pees all over the place.. I think it's because our boxer passed away and she was the one who always asked to go out to use the bathroom. My parents had to hire a professional carpet cleaner to go in and clean around the replacement refrigerator they have in the living room 'cuz he'd peed so much & it was starting to smell like ammonia really bad.

Instead of BBQ sauce, maybe try like a Memphis dry rub!

Memphis-Style Dry Ribs Recipe - Saveur.com

It calls for a lot of different spices, which I know can get really expensive, but I'm sure you could find something less complex. I really like the Saveur website though - they have a lot of really good recipes & menu ideas and whatnot. I love ribs too, but sometimes I'd rather have a dry rub style as opposed to saucy bbq sauce. lol And like.. Buffalo Wild Wings - they have Desert Heat dry wings - they're -awesome-.

Oooooh I make really good Tres Leches (3 Milks) cake, and I decided to make one for my parents, but my mom insisted I attempt to make a chocolate version which I've -never- seen or heard of in my life. So I did, and I added a bit of almond extract, but I added too much on accident. It was overwhelming to say the least.

If I'm really hot, I can dig a cold shower, but then again, it has like an opposite effect - like when you get out, it feels warmer whereas if you take a -warm- shower, you'll automatically feel cooler.

Lol! Outside oven.... -That- is a new one, indeed. Or well.. Makes me think of when I baked that stupid cake and my mom was cooking dinner.. I had to go out to their big truck and use the convection oven out there to bake it. I'm really not much of a baker like dessert-wise 'cuz I don't eat a lot of junk and I try to steer Parker as far away as possible from things like that. Since she's 1/2 Mexican and that side of her family, from what I know, -does- have a tendency to be overweight (I've only seen like 1 picture of the women in her dad's immediate family and they're all like.. Obese) and weight issues run on my dad's side of our family (me included), so.. Yeah. Lol she already has a booty - small as she may be.

LMAO carrying a roasting pan in pitch black - not a big deal at -all-! I'd be afraid of tripping over something and dropping whatever I'm carrying...
  9. Yeah, I hate asking him while he's gone in Afghanistan, but Jay taking over -all- of the rent has kind of added a little bit of a strain. And besides, it's not like he's spending money on anything other than Burger King and his car payment & insurance.

I'm not sure about Black Butler or The Slayer, but they've got a -TON- of anime. I saw Magic Knight Rayearth, Tenshi Muyo!, Death Note, Chobits, among others.. Yeah yeah, I know those are "popular", but you know.

I finally got to start in on watching NANA last night also ('cuz "Glamorous Sky" by Nakashima Mika is one of my all time fav. songs - she recorded the soundtrack for the movie that was made and did the voice of the rockstar Nana). I'm trying to find the movie right now, actually. No luck so far. They have movies too, but Netflix or just downloading whatever is a better bet. It's slim pickins' on Hulu Plus.

We've always had dogs growing up. Mostly boxers and poodles, though. My mom's teacup poodle Gidget just turned 3 the other day. She weighs 2 lbs and my mom spent nearly $3,000 on her. *eye roll*... I told her she should breed the damn thing and make some money, but she refuses. Whaaatever. It's a lot of work to train them when they're puppies - potty training and whatnot. And researching breeds is important too. A lot of people think Yorkshire Terriers are "sooooo cute", but they're a -bitch- to train - as with miniature dobermans. My mom bought a yorkie and the damn thing wriggled out of his halter while they were outside, ran in the street and got hit by a car. It was pretty bad. And my dad's Min Pin is 13 and pees all over the place.. I think it's because our boxer passed away and she was the one who always asked to go out to use the bathroom. My parents had to hire a professional carpet cleaner to go in and clean around the replacement refrigerator they have in the living room 'cuz he'd peed so much & it was starting to smell like ammonia really bad.

Instead of BBQ sauce, maybe try like a Memphis dry rub!

Memphis-Style Dry Ribs Recipe - Saveur.com

It calls for a lot of different spices, which I know can get really expensive, but I'm sure you could find something less complex. I really like the Saveur website though - they have a lot of really good recipes & menu ideas and whatnot. I love ribs too, but sometimes I'd rather have a dry rub style as opposed to saucy bbq sauce. lol And like.. Buffalo Wild Wings - they have Desert Heat dry wings - they're -awesome-.

Oooooh I make really good Tres Leches (3 Milks) cake, and I decided to make one for my parents, but my mom insisted I attempt to make a chocolate version which I've -never- seen or heard of in my life. So I did, and I added a bit of almond extract, but I added too much on accident. It was overwhelming to say the least.

If I'm really hot, I can dig a cold shower, but then again, it has like an opposite effect - like when you get out, it feels warmer whereas if you take a -warm- shower, you'll automatically feel cooler.

Lol! Outside oven.... -That- is a new one, indeed. Or well.. Makes me think of when I baked that stupid cake and my mom was cooking dinner.. I had to go out to their big truck and use the convection oven out there to bake it. I'm really not much of a baker like dessert-wise 'cuz I don't eat a lot of junk and I try to steer Parker as far away as possible from things like that. Since she's 1/2 Mexican and that side of her family, from what I know, -does- have a tendency to be overweight (I've only seen like 1 picture of the women in her dad's immediate family and they're all like.. Obese) and weight issues run on my dad's side of our family (me included), so.. Yeah. Lol she already has a booty - small as she may be.

LMAO carrying a roasting pan in pitch black - not a big deal at -all-! I'd be afraid of tripping over something and dropping whatever I'm carrying...
  10. Yes, it seems fair to me that the roomie should pitch in a little ^_^

Wow! That's so cool. Dogs seem a lot more fun than cats. I think I'll get one some day.

$8 a MONTH?!? I gotta get in on this deal. I'll check out Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 (I'm always up for trying new things) But does it have 'Black Butler'? Does it have 'The Slayers' or is it just popular stuff like Naruto?

Well I'm BORED with making curry. Last night I threw in some green bell peppers and loaded the whole thing down with cayenne pepper just to shake things up. I've got more chicken, but since that was last night's. I guess I'll be making a repeat of ribs. The only problem with that is mother-dearest doesn't like BBQ sauce - AT ALL! I think it has something to do with a previous cooking sister of mine who used to use WAY too much vinegar in everything she made. She also had a disturbing tendency to add almond extract to her desserts, which is okay in small amounts, but now I can't stand the smell of it, double-thanx, big sis.

I don't believe I have a Publix in my town. A slight bummer.

Mmm, rigatoni!! I should go out and get some ingredients ;$

Ehrrraa, I CAN'T stop cooking and cleaning, my sicky mother couldn't take it. So at this time my power is limited. I can't hold anything ransom now or I, too, will suffer. Besides that would cause an all-out war. And I simply loathe rocking the boat. I could ask them nicely, but they're really busy working on our car right now (which, incidentally, will make them MORE sweaty -_-) I don't mind cold showers for myself. I am solely concerned with their own wellbeing and that of my nostrils, of course.

O.o I love Ghetto. Bathtub. Tide. It sounds do-able, not that I got problems with washing machines, though our dryer IS outside, but I just remembered that our OVEN is outside! That takes more precedent. I would get them to lug it in, but nobody likes baking inside during the summer anyway, so I'll just wait until winter comes around. It's no big deal carrying your roasting pan across the yard in the pitch black night. Besides, I don't have any space for it in this cramped kitchen.
  11. Well, the original plan was to move back to -my- area of Nashville so that we can be close to my sister again (as it is, it's like an hr & a half drive. Even meeting my sister anywhere in downtown Nashville, it's still an hour) - that way when we get Parker back, she won't have to change schools or her daily schedule too much, BUT, Jay decided he wants to go to the Aviation mechanics school here in Clarksville and the roommate is expecting to move back in with us when he comes back from Afghanistan and -he'll- be going to Austin Peay University here. SO, I'm stuck here for like 2 more yrs. I just sent the roomie a msg on FB though and asked him if he'd mind sending us a few hundred bucks to help us find a place & pay for rent since we're storing all of his stuff for him - and essentially saving his room as opposed to finding someone else to move in and pitch in with rent (which we wouldn't do anyway, but you know). I'm just excited to finally live in a house for the first time in... A million years. lol

The dogs are a for sure thing. We're getting a Newfoundland like pretty much as soon as we move - I had one growing up (he was mixed with Black Lab, though.. He looked like a big black Golden Retriever - he weighed around 175 before he got older and started getting sick & losing weight). He was -super- protective of me. He nearly tore one of my brother's friends up just for playing with me "Rough" (he'd picked me up by my ankles - I was like 3 and we'd only had Bozo for.. Not long).. Bozo growled, and my mom was just like "-Slowly- put her down. Before you get killed." - so after that, my dad would play hit me. The 1st time, Bozo would get between us. My dad would keep on, Bozo would growl. My dad would keep on, Bozo would tear his arms up. But anywho. Jay had a full blood Newfoundland, but his ex-wife has him now. They're gigantic dogs, & extremely expensive, but well worth the money. They're super smart, great swimmers, not a mean bone in their body.

Annnnd we'll get a boxer next. 'Cuz I -have- to have a boxer. lol

Anywho, it's the Cat Jay has a problem with. He doesn't like cats. But, since Parker asked, he gave in. lol

Ooooo anime... We got a free 1 week trial of HuluPlus & lemme tell ya - Every Anime you could ever think of is on there. No joke. Even one of my favs - Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, Magic Knight Rayearth, and I'm not sure what all else. Jay was watching something and I was like "This probably means we're gonna get this, doesn't it?" and He was like "Yeaaaapppp.... $8/month? And we can watch whatever shows we missed? Yeah."

I love ribs. I've never actually eaten curry... I went to Publix last night, 'cuz I haven't been in a Publix in ages... It's such a fascinating grocery store. They have so much more than like Kroger or Wal Mart in the way of... Everything. And everything is so pretty and and and.... Like they have leg of lamb, ground lamb, lamb shanks, ground buffalo, etc. lolz ... Not to mention their freshly made sushi .. mmm...

I made baked rigatoni with spicy turkey italian sausage and lots of veggies with vodka sauce (I mixed in a bunch of sour cream so it'd make it more creamy / make more sauce) and mozzarella cheese on my 1/2 'cuz Jay is lactose intolerant and it gives him gas if he eats a bunch of cheese. -_-;; I've always avoided Publix 'cuz it tends to be expensive, but I only spent like $40 total - not bad for what all I got.

Anywho, I say you stop playing nurse until they fix it. Mmmmhhhhhhmmmmm. Or hold something that's important to them ransom. .. Lol that reminds me of when I lived with my ex's dad & step mom in AZ & their washer & dryer were outside. ugh. terrible. and then the last girl I stayed with didn't have a washer or dryer and never any money to go do laundry, so we'd get a big jug of Tide & wash all the clothes in her bathtub & lay 'em out on the bushes and stuff to dry.. It was during the Summer, so it'd all be dry within like 10 minutes. lulz. Ghet-to!
  12. O.o you're thinking of moving? That's so cool

Hmm, I never owned a dog, they're good for security, right? Maybe if you showed her how cute dogs can be she'd change her mind...?

I'm goodish. Still stuck playing nursemaid for these unruly brothers . I made BBQ ribs last night, tonight I'll be making curry - AGAIN!!! But I'm kinda bored when all the work is done. I've been watching anime, but I can't seem to cheer up. It's really darn hot outside and my brothers pointblank refuse to fix the hot water heater, so it'll be icy showers if at ALL and I just know my brothers will avoid those like the plague! It's going to be a craptastic week
  13. Heyyyy! I'd be great if this stomach virus would go away. -_-;;; It's no bueno. It'd also be lots of fun if the BF & I could go look at houses for rent and actually -move-. Parker wants a kitty cat really bad. And Jay & I want a Newfoundland. Jay was totally against cats until P asked him for one. lulz Now he's like, "It'll be -your- responsibility when you're here, Parker" and she's all "I know! I'll take care of it!" *eyeroll* Yeah. That'll last for about a week. But whatever.

How are -you-? ^_^
  14. Hello again. How are ya?
  15. Not really, I DO have to leave at a certain time, though, cuz my brother sleeps up here and he is a grouchy little guy without his REM sleep.

That's....alotta work. I do envy you, with your leftover salsa. My. brothers. eat. everything.

Haha, in what other ways has she been...'something else'?

Hmmm, interesting. I've never actually been in a hospital, my adorable little sis did after she moved in with her lounge-about bf. Something having to do with too much white flour in her diet, or something... good thing she got out of that situation, and she's forgotten about her silly idea of joining the army, she's gone back to school, but is kinda unsure of what she's going to do. Last I heard she's taking golf lessons...???
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 45 of 60
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast