Conversation Between Gummy and Dodie16

541 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
  1. Oooo, you really must have enjoyed it amazing amounts! You don't seem to watch much stuff no more. Wonder how you will like 2 after watching 3 first. Heehe, glad you got some scares off it too. Hope you like the making of, it's not bad for a 'making of' about a game.

Naw, sorry if that was confusing. The/his room is kinda like a rest place between areas, I guess. But it's really annoying becuase it's slow to get around and there are times when you need to look around in there. Eventually it becomes dangerous as well (which makes it more annoying still). It has it moments but you're not missing much if you do skip it.

Apparently Konami handed it over to some small company to do the conversion for them. <_> But they should still be sorry for being so lazy and for letting it be released in such a state. Somebody showed one of the original Japanese developers screenshots of it on his Twitter....needless to say he was shocked.

Kinda done five now. ^^; It seems a shame to do something sneaky with that game but it might be the best way, yes.

Well if you ever wanna talk more, I'll listen too. :>

Hehe, it's still so surprising about your arms. Guess the way arms look doesn't say as much as we might think.

How are you enjoying SOU? It's pretty quiet so you might well get bored, but it's great having you around for as long as you enjoy it there. :> Oh, and if anybody is mean to you I can ban their asses!
  2. Finished 3. It was pretty good. It was short though. I think the final playtime was 3 hours and a few minutes, but quality over quantity! Good game. Probably should have watched the first runthrough to get some of this Alessa stuff, but I wasn't too lost. The guy doing the walkthrough seemed to know what he was doing. I guess it just seemed long to me. I did have a few scares. Mostly anytime some sudden noise happened. Jump scares get me too. Loved the Borely Haunted Mansion part. That announcer was great. I'll add that vid to my "to watch" list. ^^ Thanks for the link! I'm not too put off by "bad graphics". I'll get to SH 1 eventually.

Oh lawdy... Just in a room? That would probably get quite tedious after a while... Oh well. Maybe I'll skip that one. Or watch it anyway for kicks.

Man, this HD collection sounds more and more terrible every day. I wonder if Konami is gonna fire some people over it...like SE did with the FF XIV fiasco.

So that's four runthroughs for you now? You're gonna be an expert on the game, if you aren't already. Hmm, you know for that week-long trophy, you could be a cheat and fiddle with the internal clock... >:]

They'd be real happy to hear you say that. ^^ I should definitely appreciate the things they do for me a lot more. Yeah, I've been in this rut for a while, but like I said, at least I have good support.

Urgh... Yeah, I know what you mean. I hate push-ups, even if I am doing it from the knees. I guess my arms just fail me. ^^;
  3. The game is real short, so it shouldn't have taken them that long to get through. Do they keep getting lost and stuff? Where are you up to in 3 now? Seems like you must be pretty far, glad you like it so much too. :> Did it scare you much so far? You might enjoy watching this when you're done ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f6EWqCscycThe first is good too, probably the most quirky. Just a shame it aged so badly graphically.

Ah 4...I hate it. Haha, naw...it would probably be fine to watch, but it's dreadful to play. Your character is a complete derp (all the male leads in the Japanese Silent Hill games are for some reason) who gets stuck in his own room/apartment. It's really boring and often annoying playing through the parts in his room. There's also these monsters that look like Sadako (Ring/woman from Japanese horror film) which can't be killed and they're annoying as crap. There's a load of them and the ****ers are always floating after you. The thing about Silent Hill 4 is that it's pretty close to being a damn decent game, but then they made all these weird decisions that made it pretty darned annoying to play at times. It's the only Japanese Silent Hill I only finished once...

Oh, apparently them corpses that were missing were a glitch as well. xD In some run throughs they have still been there.

Yeah...kinda finished it again last night. ^^; It was still just as amazing. Had the same person play with me through the entire game. <3 Never intended to sit and play through the entire game in one sitting even once, but somehow it seems to have happened every time. Aye, they do, just not platinum trophies. The hardest one on Journey is probably the one that says to take a week long break then start a new game. Haha, yeah. This person seemed normal though. They were German! All the best gamers I met randomly online recently were German. <3 I've done it, but I'll have to link it to you tomorrow becuase the forum is doing a really lame April fool day joke which stretches all the pages. <_> Hope you like the review, it was a bit too hard to put some of it into words, it's really something you gotta try yourself, I think. Ya know what I mean?

Aww, that's really nice. Must be wonderful to have a family like that. You've been like that for a while now, huh? Good on you, hun. <3

Aye, the miles and the dreaded 1000 push-up trophy. It's not really that bad at all since it lets you do push-ups from the knees. But something about the mention of push-ups makes a girl lazy. ^^;
  4. That's true... Guess I missed that part. I'm really enjoying the game so far, even if the hospital portion ran a tad too long...but there were some good scenes! I think I'mma watch these games backwards: 3, 2, then 1. What's your opinion on 4? Have you played it at all?

It doesn't take much to get the waterworks going for me. ^^; Wow, three times. You definitely got your moneys worth! Do DL titles like Journey offer trophies? Aw, that's pretty cool that you all remain anonymous until the end, and congrats on making a new buddy! Hopefully they won't be like that one trophy creep you had to deal with a while back. >< Heck yeah, link me if you do a review! I don't think I've read one from you yet. Journey will be a good one to read up on. ^^

Heh, I'm lucky that I have the support of my family, so don't feel too sorry for me. Not a problem! And I'm doing alright. Trying to keep myself busy so I feel more productive, and so far, I'm doing alright. Just gotta make sure I keep at it and not let my laziness take over again!

NICE! About damn time that thing popped for you! Not too much for the plat now! Just gotta knock out those miles, right?
  5. Haha, no. She calls her dad just after leaving, remember? She loves Harry. Oh yeah, the game would actually make a bit more sense if you saw the first Silent Hill first, but you don't really need to in order to get most of it. Hope you keep enjoying watching it. :> Yeah, let's count that as a 'good' glitch. It's nice that they kinda got one thing right. Each day seems to shine light on another crappy change, yesterday found out that they fiddled with another SH2 scene. :|

Yeah, pretty sure I noticed one up. Hopefully it has a companion with them all the way to the end, it's that bit better... Wonder which of us is the bigger crying type? xD Journey is just too amazing...finished it for the third time last night, had somebody to follow me to the very last second of the game (the other times they left just before, weird)...whenever somebody sticks around it feels like you've bonded or something, like you shared something special with them. Had a friend request off the person who went to the very end with me(it gives you the PSN IDs after the end credits of all your companions). x3 You gotta try this game, man. If you ever get the dosh and enough internet time, get it and play it online. It's an amazing 'experience.' Thinking of doing a quick review for it on SOU forums, will link you it when done if you want.

Hmm, sorry you got the same problem. And thanks, Dodie, you're good at making people feel better. ^^ Hope you're doing good at the moment?

Oh oh oh oh! I got that stupid glitched trophy from the workout game yesterday. Yay! Third time lucky, huh.
  6. Hmm. Well, she was alone in that burger shop. I figured she was a runaway? That detective or whoever was trying to talk to her too. I'm probably totally wrong though. ^^; Will watch some more....NOW. Just has to load first... Silly youtubes and it's silly buffering times. O_O That's pretty freaky... Maybe we can count that as a "good" glitch.

It is pretty greedy. I dunno how much good complaining will get you either... I guess if the stocks go down, the company eventually has to listen to the consumer.

Aw, now you have me curious about how it ends. Maybe someone has full playthrough of it up. If you were fighting back tears, guess I'll have to invest in a box of tissues myself. Mmm. I have that happen to me too. I know how not having a job can make someone feel miserable, but just think about all the time you can spend doing what you love! Hope you get a job soon though. Don't give up! And about other people having more serious issues than you: Anything that is making you feel depressed IS a serious issue. Problems are problems, no matter how big they are. Don't beat yourself up about it. ^^
  7. Yay! Glad you went with the original. Haha, but she is grubby before the town even goes evil? xD That was the PS2 version of 3. Had no idea the PC versions were so fab. ^^ Some dude found yet another bug in the HD version of SH2 when he was recording it, but it's actually one that kinda adds to the horror ~ http://i.imgur.com/wUfVP.png she has teeth and gums in her right eye!? xD

Gonna complain to Sony if it does come to that. That's just a step too far in the plain greedy direction.

Yeah, it was so gorgeous and it felt good to to play. Not to mention moving, had to fight back the tears near the end when we were pretty much just jumping around. ^^; Yeah...just one of those days, i guess. Sometimes i get depressed for no good reason which has been happening again recently. Guess it's just crappy brain chemistry, but you get so sick of it happening, and it feels kinda pathetic when there are people with real serious issues. The only real reason is not having a job, but then if I had one I'd probably get really stressed after a while. xD Anyways, it's fine. It'll pass. It seems like I'm done worrying about relationships too much, so that's something at least. :>

Aye, there was a load of red stuff on the ground, but there was red stuff on the ground in other points of the game. Yeah, we must have extremely different ideas on messed up. :s
  8. Just the original. Still looks pretty good to me, so I'm happy. ^^ I think her grubbiness adds to her charm. It's like she's actually BEEN through stuff, ya know? Yeah, I think you said that you finagled a way to make your Silent Hill games look really good without the HD collection. That's good! Saves you monies. :3

Yeah, that's how most games stores make money too, since they don't have to turn their profits over to the game company if they sell used. I guess that's why it's happening... OH WELL. I still have a nice backlog to peruse if it comes to that.

Yeah, I thought it seemed pretty pricey, but nice to hear it's worth it. Thatgamecompany makes such great and atmospheric games. ^^ Glad to hear you enjoyed it after all! What happened in your day that made it a bummer, btw? Just one of those days?

It's been a while since I seen it, but doesn't red stuff appear around you and then you die? I thought that was creepy. I guess we have different definitions of "messed up". ^^; That's okay though! Variety is the spice of life, after all. Hope you enjoy Justine if you decide to played it.
  9. Heehee, yay! Are you watching the HD version, or the original? Yeah, she's great, huh? Such a cool girl, even if she does look kinda grubby. Glad you're liking it. Can't remember if mentioned already, but the PC version of Silent Hill 2 can look just plain amazing with a patch a fan made to up the resolution, so when you get around to watching that it might be worth hunting down a high res one on the PC. ^^

Yeah, so many stores are going to suffer from it if this does become a reality. I think some shops are second hand games only over there? People will lose jobs...and then there's rentals getting screwed over too. Why do they seem to have it in for used games? :/ It's really shocking if true, and even though it doesn't actually effect me, kinda puts you off even getting a PS4...who knows what they'd pull next.

Oh my goodness, Dodie....I'm SO glad you mentioned Journey, I would have forgotten about it otherwise. Decided to have another look at it just in case it seemed more interesting now, it sounded like it could be good, but a little steep in cost for a 2-3 hour game. Anyways, decided to treat myself this evening after kind of a bummer of a day. Geez, it is totally worth the damn price tag. AMAZING game, by far one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. Seriously. Get this game if you get the chance, I already know you'll love it too (probably anybody who enjoyed ICO/SOTC would). It was pretty decent solo, but when somebody joins you it's incredible. I had no intention of sitting on my butt and playing for so long, but I finished it all in one sitting. ^^; It's really moving too, had to fight to hold back the tears by the end when all we were doing really was flying/jumping around. Super, mega recommend. So yeah, thanks for mentioning it. xD

Ooo, okay. Thanks for the mention of it (not played it). Naw, but you have me interested, gonna check it out after sending this! 'Messed up' is usually good for entertainment. Edit: Hm, I don't get it. You get slashed to death by invisible forces and die? Where's my messed up stuff?
  10. So, I finally got around to watching the first few parts of Silent Hill 3....and I could just hit myself for not doing it sooner! Really engaging so far, and Heather is a good character for a main. She seems more...what's the word...in danger (?), because she's just a teen. Makes the viewer/player care about her well-being more, imo. Haven't got too far in yet, but it's already quite creepy.

Haha. I really doubt that I do. Nice! I didn't think about actually attaching the thing to the door frame. I've only seen 'em be hooked up there somehow. Nice that the option is there for people like me.

I guess one way to counteract the restriction would be to not log into PSN. I'm sure there will be a riot if it turns out to be true though. Besides, what's a person supposed to do with their games they don't want anymore? They're not ALL gonna be gems, so it's ridiculous to think that game developers expect you to keep 'em around to gather dust. :/

I think it's because it was more of a risk back then. There weren't things like PSN and Xbox Live to patch problems, so more care and attention to detail had to be made. If worse came to worse, and updated re-release would be made, packaged and sold, which I'm sure took a lot more effort that a patch done through the internets.

I think in the Justine DLC for Amnesia you can actually kill things. Are you gonna play it? I think it's free, you just have to have had Amnesia downloaded. It's not very long though. Might be a nice little time-waster if you have an hour or two to kill. Haha, I bet that guy was pissed. Have you seen the worst ending, where you let the guy go in the portal thing? It's pretty messed up.
  11. Maybe, but I doubt anybody wanted anything more than an upgrade. ^^;

I hope you don't have a pervert stalking you. o_o Aw, come on...you'd do fine on it! It came yesterday, the thing is real good, doesn't need to be screwed in (but you can), yet still took all my weight perfectly without budging. :3

Oh, guess they probably are. It's weird though since a desert can look pretty cool. Why do they always manage to make them annoying in games? xD

Man, speaking of games (again), read something pretty ****ed up if true (just a rumour right now ~ about the Playstation 4).

"Other rumours suggest that a restrictive DRM system will be in place, meaning that purchased Blu-Ray games will be locked to your PSN account. This means that anyone buying a second hand game won’t be able to use it and will instead be limited to a trial. If the owner of the second hand game wants to unlock the full title then apparently they’ll need to pay a fee. This is similar to the system that’s being bounded around for the next Xbox."

Seems extremely mean...they're getting out of hand with things like endings being unlocked with DLC and messing about with second-hand games. Developers this gen are so ****ing lazy too. Just loading up some of the best looking PS2 games the other week made it obvious that so much more care and attention to detail was poured into games back then. Really sad state the industry is gonna get into at this rate. Dunno what half of them will do when people start to get sick of thousandth generic shooter to come out. Sorry if that was a bit rant-ish. Even though I never buy second-hand games that still upsets me for those (like you, even) which do.

Oh okay, that's weird. Kinda cool you get all those creepy abandoned nut houses though. Yeah, that's pretty much how it goes down with me. xD Oh man, it makes sense you can't kill them, but it still seemed a shame. After chucking the rock at it, it kinda just stood still for a few seconds, it almost looked like it was shocked. xD But then then it remembered what it was supposed to be doing and chased me. I knocked down the floating naked man's pillars. That'll teach him. D:<
  12. Maybe they changed stuff so people can see that they put a bit more work into the collection other than graphics updates? Seems the changes caused more harm than good... ^^;

Shouldn't be too distracting. My windows don't face anywhere a normal person walking the road can see in. Unless I have a pervert stalking me... ^^; I've seen those pull-up bars before. Knowing my luck, it would come loose and send me crashing to the floor. I bet you have super-high stamina from all the work out you do.

Urgh, I know... Maybe those types of environments are easy for developers, since they don't have to deal with rendering plants and stuff.

I don't know the politics behind stuff like that, but pretty sure some buildings have to stay up because of zoning laws or something... Like, if they can't be safely demolished, they're just abandoned. Haha, I hope it was real. I love his overreaction to everything, but now that you mention it, it could have been an act... :/ Oh well. Still hilarious. Yeah, I can totally imagine you being like "Hurry up, Amnesia monster... I have artifacts/journal entries to find! Don't have time for your BS! *throws stuff* >:[" I dunno if it's normal, but if it helps deal with scary things, then more power to 'em. ^^ Congrats! How did you finish off the final guy? I think the playthrough I watched, they just threw agrippa's head into the portal. They went back and did the other two ways to see what happened too, but I think the first time was how it was supposed to be done.
  13. Yeah, they are. Plus it isn't like the hanging bodies are the only ones, there are plenty the right way up. What's so much worse about those ones? >_< There are some amazingly pointless edits though. Like on one sign they have changed the miles....and some of the script has been changed, for example "lousy taste" to "terrible taste" and "Shut your stinking mouth, bitch!" to "Shut your mouth, you stinking bitch!." Just seemed like they were changed for the sake of changing something.

That must look pretty odd to random passers by. Or is that kinda common there? You know it! Already ordered a pull up bar for the door frame. Don't have room for such serious weights to be doing the other things mentioned. Gonna try even harder from now on. And who knows? Maybe I'm not so bad at putting on muscle after all since there's already an all right amount on me from the isolation stuff. :>

Desert areas are usually the worst in video games. xD But who knows? Maybe it'll be good. Don't mock before you try (usually)!

But don't other types of buildings get demolished there? ^^; What the....? Really...? That was an act, right? Nobody can really be that much of a wuss. RIGHT? I think that might be the one I threw a rock at becuase I was already sick of respecting their space by that point. Sadly, it didn't care about taking that small boulder to the chest. xD Really though? Is it normal to get that scared? Did you get any where near that scared? :s Oh yeah, finished the game last night. Yay!

Yeah, it was super late for me. Maybe that was all it was, silly brain.
  14. Oh? I didn't realize Amazon completely dropped it... That's really bad. Maybe that will be a wake up call to game companies to actually put in some effort when they re-release games. I feel for the poor souls who still purchase the collection, but if they know what they're getting themselves into, I guess I shouldn't feel too sorry for 'em. Yikes. Aren't the Silent Hill games rated for a mature audience? Why they felt they needed to take stuff like that out is beyond me.

Hah, you sound like me. I get distracted from my plans waaaaay to often. Nah, I just covered my windows with tin foil to keep the sun from shining in. I can't buy new blinds... The cat will destroy them, just like the ones I have up now. Hmm. Good read. Informative. Are you gonna add compound exercises to your routine?

I watched some of it from the VGA guys. I think it's neat because you'll randomly come across another player and you can help each other. ^^ Journey might be one of those niche games though. If you decide to give it a shot, I hope you like SAND!

Probably might be too costly to demolish them, so they're just left abandoned. Have you seen the Milky Way video about Amnesia. It's hilarious! I suggest watching the full clip in the description for maximum lolling, but that one I linked is definitely the highlight. Were you tired at that time too? A person's brain likes to imagine things like that when it's sleep deprived. You handled the situation well though. I would have at least turned on a light.
  15. See what you meant now. Yesterday it was just a blank page.

Aye, Amazon US actually stopped selling it. xD People are still able to sell it via Amazon, unfortunately. Be doing them a favour if they didn't let anybody buy that crap. Read yesterday they took some corpses that were hanging upside-down out of Silent Hill 2. Why are hanging upside down ones extra offensive? xD

Only played it once then got distracted. ^^; but I rescued Socolov (or whatever you calls him). You mean you got some new blinds or something? Don't know if the math was right, maths isn't my strong point. ^^; But either way it's gonna be a whole lotta miles. Will get it done eventually. Man, I feel like such a dummy after reading this... Compound Exercises mostly all I ever did was 'isolation' exercises. Maybe that's why my muscle is still not so impressive as it should be for all the working out I do.

Yeah, seen that. The E3 footage looked pretty boring, but maybe they've improved it a lot by now (journey)?

Huh, that's weird...why don't they knock them down? Sounds kinda cool at the same time though. Yeah, Daniel is a disappointing one, isn't he? He's no better than those murders he killed, probably worse than any of them. :/ Just collected all the fragment pieces, but I want to try and save Agrippa (spelt?). Still not been scared, actually playing so much of Silent Hill and Amnesia in the dark at night recently seems to have just made my nerves even tougher. ^^; On Sunday heard some pretty weird ass sounds at around half one in the morning. No idea what they were, at that time you'd usually get at least a little freaked, but I was just like "Huh? Whatever."
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 541
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast