Conversation Between Michael Swayne and Kyreaan

8 Visitor Messages

1. I'm finding out that the prospect of future online cell phone gaming might have been bad information. I am still trying to confirm FF.

Ps. I was also refering to free researching if I have the time.
  2. Kyreaan,

As much as I'm tempted to say "Yes", I have to refuse. Due to recent economic crisis, our newspaper has had to pull back funding on each of its employees. In my position, they even cancelled the subscription to Gamefly, meaning in order to review new games, I would have to pay for it myself. That is why my column is now titled "Video Games You may not have Played, and why you probably should". I review games from the PlayStation, PS2, GameCube, N64, and XBox era; giving game titles a new spin and new life. So, we couldn't even afford buying a new cell phone to try it out on. It does sound like fun, from what I've read.

Thanks anyway,

Michael
  3. I wasn't really 'doing' any of the work. I was just connecting the dots and sometimes like being a game critic. I first joined TFF because of the Role Playing and is the 4th site I've been in for RP threads.

I was merely suggesting that you could 'review' one of the biggest games coming to the Android cell phone market. I was also getting at lending a hand at researching and was thinking of offering a couple of my sources from Japan. I wasn't sure if you were interested in getting involved in that kind of network for your newpaper. Don't worry about it.

Welcome to TFF!
  4. I think I will let you cover that. I wouldn't want to take the credit while you did the work. I think I will just stick to what I do, and that is reviewing video games. Thanks.
  5. Ps. Actually, go ahead and write about that one. Consider it a freebie. See if you can include the Youtube video in it. Let me know if you have an inquiry on any games.
  6. You're right. Boobies are birds and are related closely to Gannets. They are also oceanic birds like Seagulls.

Now that I think about it, I have never talked about Boobies on TFF before.

They're not really annoucements per se. I look up sources. I then check the articles written by people talking to dev teams. Next, I look up a youtube or watchmojo video and then maybe post it. It keeps me from writing too much if there's a video.

I'll give you an example. While I was floating the net, I come across a rumor on Final Fantasy XIV (online) being put out again, but this one is on the latest Android cell phones. I went to a couple of Japanese sources to see if they had anything posted. I then turned around and looked at places those same sources feed, American sites. I look around for any articles written by someone who talked to the dev team. Next, I search around for the youtube or watchmojo video talking about FFXIV for Android online cell phone gaming.

Well, I found it. I just haven't posted it up yet. I haven't had much time to use a computer, and I don't get full access to TFF on my cell phone right now. I don't have access to the Game Annoucements either, so I put my threads in the appropriate sections.
  7. Kyreaan,

Thanks for your comments. I work at a newspaper as a game critic/reviewer, and I thought that since I am on TFF several hours each day, I would publish my work here as well.

As far as my SG, I came up with the name using wordplay. I started it as a group to introduce all of the ins and out of TFF to new members (Noobies). And since Noobies are like hatchling birds (Flock), I just put the two together and came up with Flock of Noobies. And I may be mistaken, but isn't there also a bird called a "Booby" or something similiar. I read about it somewhere, but for the life of me, I can't remember where. But I didn't even think of the "Flock of Seagulls" things until you mentioned it.

Where can I see your little announcements? You have piqued my interest.

Michael
  8. Right on being a reviewer. I was looking at maybe doing the same thing. So far, I've just been placing short blurb annoucements with videos when I don't see it ever mentioned. I guess I'm basically making commercials. A lot of people I found just like watching a YouTube.

Good for you.

Btw, I'm assuming you got your SG name from A Flock of Seagulls?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8