Conversation Between Michael Swayne and Rowan

78 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. I have heard of it, but it isn't the type that I like to play. It seems I am horrible at shooters, as proven by my horrible Call of Duty: Ghosts ability. And zombies are not something I am too fond of. But still, 92 points is a lot for one game, and it could be something to use over several matches. What's more is that it fits the time requirement. That whole 5 hour rule really makes me mad. I worked for ever on building that railroad in Minecraft, and they still didn't count it. Oh well, I will consider getting the game.
  2. Have you played Dead Nation? Thats an easy platinum that im working towards at the moment.
  3. Okay. Do you want to message noxious.sunshine, or should I?
  4. I messaged Alisyn and asked if she would be willing to remove any non-related nomination posts from the thread. I think during nominations its okay for people to edit if they decide to change their mind. Since they will PM votes, they wont be able to edit.
  5. The only thing I can think of to add would be to decide whether or not you will allow editing posts of their nominations.
  6. I just posted the nominations thread in GC, let me know what you think and if I forgot to add something.
    Thanks for all your help, Michael!
  7. I just posted the nominations thread in GC, let me know what you think and if I forgot to add something.
    Thanks for all your help, Michael!
  8. That's sounds fine.
  9. Thanks Michael.
    So my understanding is that we begin the nominations thread by posting the catagories, including the rules as you have quoted in the message and allow them the option to nominate publicly or privately via PM to yourself. How does that sound?
  10. Here are the rules Polk had about the nomination. The first quote is what he used from back when Alisyn was in charge of the awards. The second quote is what he added himself to help specify things.

RULES:
    This is the system we've been using for a few years, first implemented by Neo Necron. Give it a read so you're not confused by the next round.
    (1) For each category, you may nominate 2 members.
    You may not nominate the following:
    - Yourself
    - Non-members (that probably goes without say, but I wanted to make sure)
    - Ex-members
    - Members who haven't shown any activity for a while*

(2) For each category, up to four members will be picked to move through to the voting round. However, 1 member can only make it through to voting for 3 categories only. This is to prevent one member getting a large amount of awards. Couple categories or club categories won't count towards your three.
    In other words, if a member receives enough nominations to get into voting for categories W, X, Y and Z, we will remove them from the voting round for W,X,Y or Z (based on how many nominations they have in each) and should we pick, say, X, another nominee will take that place in voting for that category.
    I know that's all confusing, but worry not. It will all be nice and fair and we'll all be very very very happy.

(3) We will then move through to the voting round. For each category, you may vote for 1 of the four nominees. Most votes wins.
    *UNO: From now on, I’m referring to this as Pete’s Law. Activity counts for considering people to vote for. If you are inactive for eleven months out of the year, then miraculously make a comeback one month before the awards happen, you’re out of contention.

DOS: So, after a bit of thought, we will be having two gender specific awards: Nicest male/female, and most attractive male/female. I feel like most attractive is kind of obvious. Just because Rocky might be the hunkiest dude on the forums (he is), that doesn’t mean he’s the sexiest lady. For nicest member, I feel it’s beneficial to have two winners because chances are, for newbies, if they see someone with a “Nicest Male/Female” banner in their sig, they’re more willing to approach that member with questions or whatever. Having two people instead of one just seems to make more sense. For these categories, please nominate two men and two women.

TRES: Bogus awards need some sort of explanation to them, when you copy and paste, please PLEASE don’t post the explanations. Otherwise it’ll be a pain in the ass to sort through when I count up votes.
    Obviously, DOS doesn't matter because there aren't any couples categories (that I know of). Based on the list I have, it will probably be wise to have the people nominating members for "Indecent Comment Award" include the indecent comment the member made to qualify for the nomination.

But to answer your question, you will have members nominate two people for each award. We tally up the nomination posts/PMs to get the 2, 3, or 4 people who move on to the voting round. Then for the voting round, members will vote on only those people who passed the nomination round. After that, we count up the results and give the awards to the winner. And of course I would be glad to count up the votes for you.

As for the banners, I am half finished with the awards on the list I made. And most of the ones that I haven't made, I have ideas for written down or thought up in my head. I see you added one since the last time I checked (Biggest Troll). I like the idea for that one, and it won't be difficult to make.

So, whenever you feel like starting them, go ahead and start them.
  11. Hey michael. Thanks for helping me out with organising the awards. I was just curious as to how you think the process should play out. I am still slightly confused between the nominations and actual voting stage. Do people nominate who they think should be in the running for a catagory, and then only 2 or 3 of those people are eligable to be voted for? Last time it just seemed like people just voted for who they think should win.

Also, I do agree with you that the voting should be PM'd. I'd be happy for you to handle this. Shall we let the nominations begin?
  12. Making time for gaming is something everyone has to deal with. After all, if you play games more, you risk not earning the money needed to play games. But if you work too much, then you lose that time you require to wind down and play games. Finding a balance is necessary no matter what it is you face.

My current situation allows me more time to play games than I have had in years, so I am taking advantage of that time I am getting.
  13. Yeah not bad. Still training at the gym, trying to force myself to eat more, its quite difficult. eating more is okay , but its finding more of the good stuff to eat that is the problem. Im finding less and less time to play games man, Did you find that as you got older?
  14. I am okay. Things are going well with me. How are you?
  15. Hey michael, How you been?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 78
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast