Conversation Between Michael Swayne and Kurt Zisa

62 Visitor Messages

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. I don't think it's strange at all. I miss my moogle avatar actually. I think I will go back to it when everything computer-wise is back to normal.

BTW, I just finished Pearl. The Elite 4 and cynthia were so difficult. I used a water only team (Buneary). the Gym Leaders were tough too. I should have watched the show more. Then I would have known what the types were for the leaders and stuff.

Overall, it was a great game!
  2. Is it strange that whenever I see a moogle on any Final Fantasy game it reminds me of you? It must have something to do with your old avatar lol
  3. Oh hey that's great! I'm still having a bit of trouble with hooking my DS up to the modem. They're both compatible but somethimg about WEPS is stopping me from registering. It shouldn't take too long to figure out where I'm going wrong so once that's all done and dusted I'll give you my friend code.
  4. I have been playing Pokemon Pearl lately. My sister's boyfriend let me borrow his daughter's dopy of the game. If I had the friend code written down, I would give it to you so we could battle. Everything is set up on my DS to play. It was all automatic. All I had to do was get the Pal Pad at the Pokemon Center.
  5. The game sounds interesting. Right now, games aren't on my list of things to buy. So, I will just have to wait. But your description does make me want it. But alas, new computer comes first, then video games.
  6. Well, if you're interested, It's a cross over with Pokemon and a strategy RPG kinda like Tactics (the actual name escapes me) . You can have up to 6 pokemon on the field and I assume it follows similar mechanics to both of the games. From what i've read and heard it's pretty good but with Black 2 coming out soon and having recently bought Platinum, it'll be a while before I get it.
  7. I have never even heard of it. But like you, the price would have to go down before I even think about it. Wal-Mart still has SoulSilver/HeartGold at $30+ right now, but that is with the PokeWalker, also. I would have to research it first on whether I want it.
  8. That does make sense. I'll give it a try once I've looked through all my DS manuals, the Pokemon ones tend to have lengthy chapters on Wi-fi relating to each game, although i'll admit it's all gone over my head many times before.

Oh yeah i'm probably going to buy Pokemon Conquest once the price goes down. I've never really been into Pokemon spin-offs, I have Red Rescue Team but that's about it. People seem to be giving Conquest pretty good reviews, thought so it can't be all bad. Plus it's kinda like Tactics to a degree, which is a definate plus in my book. *'Gasp'-forgot to breathe* Are you going to give it a try?
  9. I am not sure. My modem has a light signifying a Wireless connection, and it has always been lit. Then I checked the Nintendo tech support to see if my modem had Wi-Fi or not. It did, so I followed the steps on getting it connected to the DS. As for the Wi-Fi at work, I just had my DS scan for the office's modem. The best thing to do is just try it, and find out.
  10. I have a wireless modem at my house, but i've been told that's not the same thing as Wi-Fi, so I don't know if I should give it a try or that i'd just be wasting my time. Is that what you have, or is it something diffrerent? I'm clueless.
  11. I have heard similar things about D/P, but Platinum is supposed to be the director's cut of the game, and is similar to the show (like Yellow and Emerald before it). I will probably end up getting each game, just to say I have them.

As for Wi-Fi, I was able to send Mognet Mail for Final Fantasy III quite easily. I have my DS connected with the Wi-Fi at my house and at work. Before I even played III, I spent a few minutes getting it all set up. It was then that I learned I even had Wi-Fi. I am a newb with techie stuff.

But I would have to get one of the DS Pokemon games to know more about its setup.
  12. Yeah, the lack of Save Points can really be a problem, especially at larger places like the Crystal Tower. I've died a few times while at the top floor and all the progress I made with leveling up was lost. You've just got to be confident you can make it all the way through without coming up against any trouble. Elixers are a massive help towards the end.

You can trade and battle over Wi-fi, although personally i've never really figured out how to work Wi-fi, so I tend to stay away from it. If you do decide to only get one game from each set, I would highly reccommend getting Platinum over Diamond or Pearl. It has major improvements over the other two, including more available Pokemon (D/P only had two seperate species of Fire types, including the Fire stater, for example), the battles don't lag as badly and you get more content like the Battle Frontier and the Reverse World, which is pretty cool. I'm coming towards the end of my current file and i've really enjoyed it.
  13. Hey there! I really like Final Fantasy III, except for the fact that there are no Save Points when I need them. III is a lot like the first two games, in that there is no active battle system, and that there are four party members. I think that's why it is more slow-paced than IV DS. From what I saw of the DS version of IV, it is better than the PlayStation version of it (which is what I have).

As for Pokemon, of course! I gotta catch 'em all, after all. I watched an episode of a LP of the Japanese version of Black 2 a while back and liked it. I may hold off on B/W2 for a while, though. I want to get Diamond or Pearl and HeartGold or SoulSilver and Black or White first. Maybe all of them. Can trades and battles be done over Wi-Fi? If so, then I would only want one of each set of games. If not, then I will most likely buy them all.
  14. Hey Michael, long time no speaky. I read that you're playing FFIII, how are you finding it? I think now that i've given it a few goes, it's more enjoyable to play than IV on the DS. Far less slow paced.

Also, as I know you play Pokemon too, are you thinking of getting B/W2? I preordered Black 2 about a month ago and i'm hoping it will leave me with a better impression than its predecessors.

That's all for now, it'll be great to hear from you
  15. Oh cool, thanks foir the advice. I'm up the the part where everyone's saying the Laws are going to increase so I can start expecting the worse. If there's anything else you want to add i'd be happy to take note.

I'm trying to experiment with the different jobs, one thing that im doing is changing Monteblanc from a Black Mage to a Time Mage, so we'll see how that goes. I made the mistake of leveling up my extra human as a White Mage to a Paladin, so his/her stats are kinda average. Also there's a toss up between Dragoon, Defender, and Gladiator for my main Bangaa, which should be fun to experiment with.
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 45 of 62
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast