Conversation Between Michael Swayne and Kurt Zisa

62 Visitor Messages

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. Hey sorry I missed your Birthday, I hope everything went well.
  2. Thanks for the User Note! I noticed it today. And the like from a few minutes ago.
  3. Haha that's great! That thing was always a pain, especially when it restores it's health, but don't worry about the potions you'll have 99 in no time, they'll only be good for selling. I expect to hear more great things from this game.
  4. I did it! Zip Slasher is no more! I used nearly every potion to heal myself, but I did it!
  5. I have Block equipped, but honestly I haven't used it at all. I forgot about having to push a button to use it. I don't know, something in my mind thought that it was an ability that a certain percentage of attacks get blocked for some reason. Normally I just use guerrila tactics by attacking and running away from it when it attacks. Thanks for the tip!
  6. Honestly all that really happens once you beat the Undying is they all live happily ever after. Untill Revenent Wings comes along I guess. Chrome keeps trying to suggest it's spelt Reverent Wings, that's not quite the same thing.

The Zip Slasher was hard but not impossible. Like you said it has a very simple attack pattern and most of the time Marluxia takes the brunt of the damage ( I don't blame you for mixing up the names). Having Block is a huge help and by blocking when you sense an attack coming then hitting it after you should kill it eventually, but you probably allready figured that out. There's been so many times where I've miscalulated an attack only for it to kill me straight after. Oh and for the record, you might find yourself dealing more damage with magic than by just attacking, most enemies will die after being hit by one Fire for example, but I think the Zip Slasher is immune to all forms of magic.
  7. The main reason for getting Revenant Wings was to add it to my collection. Another is that since the probability of me ever finishing FFXII is very low, I figured I would just skip what I don't know of XII (which is what happens after the battle against Vayne the Undying) and go on to Revenant Wings. And since it's a DS game, I can take it to work with me and play when I am bored, or waiting for the office to open.

Luckily, I have never had any lost or damaged products when buying stuff online. I just wasn't comfortable with the fact that it was sent that way. The seller replied to my feedback, saying that the way he sent it was adequate for the price that I had purchased it. I was only suggesting to him in my feedback that he use a more secure way of shipping than a standard postage.

So far in 358/2 Days, I have started on the actual missions. I tried to fight the Zip Slasher with Larxene, and got my butt handed to me several times. It should be easy for me to beat it, since the thing has a pattern in its attacks; but if it hits me once I lose nearly all of my HP. Oh well, I will work on getting it later.
  8. Actually I take back that comment I made on Days being average, the main reason I stopped playing was that the buttons were starting to get worn down from repeated, frantic attacking, other than that I had a lot of fun.

I'm glad nothing happened to your copy in the post, there's always stories of packages going missing. The worse that's happened to me was that the guy sending me Tactics Advance gave me the box and manual for GBA FFIV, which was odd as it quite clearly said the title on the game but we managed to resolve it. Plus he paid for the postage when we swapped them back over, so I can't complain.

Also I've been thinking about getting Reverent Wings for a long time now. What made you decide to get it?
  9. I guess I just got unlucky with that guy then. It doesn't help that Marshe's only form of recovery is First Aid ( he's a Fighter/Soldier) which heals about 20 Hp. I'll get back to it when I've finished with FFIV which I've just started on. I'm up to the final dungeon so hopefully it shouldn't take too long. There's more info in my blog if you're interested.

Ah sorry this is a bit rushed but I've got you on msn so we can always chat later.
  10. Oh yeah, Llednar. That battle was actually quite easy for me. As long as you stay out of his range, he can't use Omega. At least, I think that's the case. During my battle with him, I didn't attack him at all. He would attack me, and then on my turn I would move and heal. Right now, I have Marche as a Ninja (because of the Dual Wield ability). That's basically my only offensive character in the Queen Remedi battles. With Dual Wield and some special boots that make Marche increase his move range, I am able to get behind Remedi and attack that way. I think that is also a disadvantage, because it puts Marche out of range for any characters to perform healing actions on him.

The Pokemon situation is the same here, with all the games still costing the same amount despite how long they have been out. I have checked Walmart and eBay, and everything is $35-50 depending on where you look.
  11. Ok maybe it was just me who has the issues then. I've been told that regular DS and DS Lite's have always had issues with logging on but the 3DS has no trouble at all. Still doesn't warrant the price tag though. It's a shame that most Pokemon Ds games, no matter how old all have a similar price. I went to EB Games the other day and saw that Diamond cost nearly the same amount as Black/White2. I've got at least one of the genIV and V games (diamond, platinum, heart gold, white and black 2) and I can recommend them all.

To be honest I know very little about The World Ends With You. From what I've seen and heard it's a very good game but I've never been able to get a hold of a copy. We don't have a very large videogame market around here especially for games that are a few years old now, most electrical stores only have things like Singstar.

Llednar Twem was the name of that guy who killed me, I had to look it up. It was the battle where you fight him one-on-one with Marshe in Bervenia Palace and on his first turn he cast Omega which dealt a couple more hundred damage than I had left in health I didn't even put up a struggle. The funny thing is, Judgemaster Cid was supposed to show up before you could get killed but It didn't make it to that stage.

I've still got some plans for the game, such as briefly changing Marshe's job to Ninja so he can dual wield the Ayuvir Red and Ayuvir Blue. I say briefly but it's gonna cost 999 AP to master dual wield, or whatever it's called, but because I died all the effort to give it another try has vanished.
  12. I didn't have problems with the Wi-Fi for my DS. I was able to connect almost immediately after I got the DS on. All I had to do was go to the Nintendo website. I have sent Mognet mail to a couple people for FFIII, and even battled someone in Pokemon Pearl (before I had to give the game back to my sister's boyfriend). I still fully intend to buy some DS Pokemon games, but they are still so expensive and 358/2 Days was so cheap.

What do you know about The World Ends With You? I saw HCBailley's April Fool's episode of it (the one where he totally rips on it), but I thought it was neat. It is one of the reasons why I became interested in getting a DS in the first place.

Sucks about your gaming setbacks. I don't exactly remember (b), but I understand where you're coming from. All I can think about in FFTA is that stupid battle against Queen Remedi. I looked up a strategy on how to beat her, but it was almost exactly what I was already doing (and failing) that I still haven't attempted it in a few weeks.
  13. 358/2 Days is an alrite game, it's no where near as nice looking as FF3 and 4 which I think came out the same time on the DS but the missions can be pretty fun, if a little repetative.

Your journals have made me want to continue on with FFX and Tactics Advance but I a) don't have ps2 any more and b) I got killed by that guy in red who uses Omega which set me back quite a bit.

Oh did you ever manage to sort out Wi-fi on your DS? I can't remember if you were having issues with it or not.
  14. It's okay. I keeping getting KO'd against the second form of Queen Remedi. I was trying again this morning before I left for work, and I got her down to around 100 HP. Then the stupid Mateus twins killed my party. I wanted to reach through the screen and throw water at Mewt, since he was asleep and I can't control his character. I guess I could fight all those clans to become stronger, but it is just so repetitive.
  15. I just came back to Tactics Advance too. I ended up starting over but I got KO'd for the first time against the last Totema and its team of vampires. How're you finding it?
Showing Visitor Messages 16 to 30 of 62
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast