Conversation Between FF9isthebest and che

1 Visitor Messages

1. Honestly, forget what has been said before this. It sounds like you're mad at people who put more time into the game than you to get better. Or you're mad that people take games an ounce more seriously than you do, and are better than you because of it. Those are my assumptions. I can have them because you obviously assume things about me. Ultimately, to get better or progress at something, you have to take things on a somewhat serious level. Even playing Mario Kart online, if you want to be the best, there is a strategy or two to carry out about it, thus making it more serious. If you aren't that serious about it, then how can you justify getting upset?

I agree with you that too many people say "noob" or "pwned', etc. I never disagreed with you on that. But those people are like a reward. When you beat someone and still get called a noob or anything else, it's like a reward, because you win AND you made someone mad (they took the game too seriously).

I don't think camping or being skillful at a game in all cases can be labeled "taking the game too seriously". But you can't label all people who are actually good at games "elitists". You're trying to simplify what is a huge range of different skill levels, personalities, time investments, etc into one or three labels. It just doesn't work that way.

So I'm trying to have a discussion about why this doesn't work. Then I hear from the person who was just ranting about people not showing respect to other people online, turn around and instantly label me as an elitist and disrespect me. Can you not see that any sort of disrespect is disrespect? I tried to prove it to you by returning the disrespect, but you can't see the big picture at all! You're just worried about yourself being disrespected, you aren't worried about anyone else at all.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1