Conversation Between Kurt Zisa and Cyanist

43 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Well, I cooked yet another turkey for new years. WILL the feasting never end?!?!? Go home, you strangers in my house! Disperse! Rarrgh! Honestly, sometimes I feel like going Dracula on people

Jeeze! A book makes it even funnier! You'll NEVER get it back, and it's wet anyway, so why would you want it anymore?

Really? You're a lefty too? Wow. I'm like, automatically drawn to my own kind! I've talked to, like, three in the past week. Aren't we supposed to be rare? Weird...

Yeah. I HATE the mouse. Soooo stupid and clumsy, always bonking my knuckles into things...
  2. Hey that's no worry, I didn't do that much for New Years either. For some reason I always get really tired around 8pm every New Years eve, it makes it really hard to stay awake till 12

I don't even know how that glitch happened tbh. It was some kind of book I needed for a quest and I accidentally kicked it across the room where it fell through the floor. It was in a cave so i guess it fell into some sort of underground ravine or something. Very annoying XD

And that sucks about your computer freezing. I just got Skyrim on my laptop (figured why not have it on two systems ) and it took ages to get used to moving with the keyboard and turning the camera with the mouse. It makes for some very choppy combat, it doesn't help that I'm left handed -.- i'm a real noob when it comes to pc gaming. I got Garry's Mod too, but I've yet to try it out.
  3. New years... nope. I can hear the explosions going off now. Just gonna hang out around the house, get some work done, that sorta thing.

LOL. Hahaha! Yeah, I encountered quite a few bugs myself but that one takes the cake! A splash? What the-? So what did you do, just reset the system? jeeze, that's terrible.

Hmm... no I haven't purchased anything lately... I'm playing some online one that my brother suggested: Ragnarok Online - I'm really bad at that, but it's proly cuz my computer keeps freezing when I run into monsters, so a second later I'm dead :/
  4. Sorry for the late reply >.<, bouncing around places for xmas, as well as getting used to a new laptop has made it hard to keep up with everything. I hope you've been well and enjoyed the festive season! Any plans for new years?

Yeah I was quite surprised that you could jump around and go off the beaten track when i played Oblivion. I was playing Dragon Age Origins at the same time as Oblivion and the lack of jumping or mountaineering was quite jarring. I'd like also mention that you should look out for the Legendary Edition of Skyrim. It comes with 3 of the expansion plus a lot of bug fixes (you should know how bad it gets from playing Oblivion - I once had an important quest item fall through the floor in front of me, complete with a splashing sound as it hit some sort of invisible body of water -.-)

I might be getting Bravely Default tomorrow, I'm really excited for it well either that of KH 2.5, whatever's at the store Have you got any new games recently?
  5. I know what you mean, I've been busy too. Not shopping, but cooking and cleaning and knitting socks while watching Steven Seagal films those are hilarious - and painful.

Yeah... I thought those orks looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I can't believe I didn't see it sooner!

Yeah. I liked the fact that you can jump in that game, that was pretty new to me with fighter games. Well, true, they enabled it in that other one I played, Drakengard, but that jumping looked choppy, whereas here, they've managed to make it look graceful. I can't wait to see what Skyrim is like. I should get it. like, after I finish Oblivion, of course.

Hmm... what do I feel like making. That's a tough one. It'll have to be something awesome, too... I'll try to wrap my brain around it. If you think of anything, lemme know!

Eeek. It's 12:45 am. How time flies when you're fooling around with video games...
  6. Hey don't worry about it, that can be a very easy thing to do oh and sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've been juggling xmas shopping and a persistant headache all weekend so i've been too tired to sit down at my comp for long.

Yeah going off the beaten path is another easy thing to do, but at least you're not punished for doing certain quests earlier on or anything like that. I always found that quite diffucult in Oblivion, I wanted the cool exclusive gear, but if you do a quest too soon it's no good once you're a high level. but I'm pretty sure everything levels up with you in Skyrim, like an iron sword you got at level 3 would be just as strong as one you got at level 30.

And yeah I always found the character models a little funny on Oblivion, the Orcs look like Shrek most of the time. But there's a lot more you can do to your character like beards, war paint and scars. Is it fun playing as a mage? That's always something i've wanted to try but I can never seem to stray too far from warrior like jobs. A Spellsword or Battlemage would be a cool idea though. Right, I'm going to stop there before your vm section is filled up with my rambling

I think a banner would be a cool idea, and whatever skills you have with making them they're bound to be much better than mine (if my uni projects were anything to go off -.-) We could have something pop culturey from 2011 but from memory it was a pretty plain year... is there anything you've felt like making?
  7. Yeeesh!! Sorry, I thought I answered this, but accidentally posted it in my own box. How stupid of me T_T'

I like to waffle too, though I've never heard that word for it.
    I've been having difficulty going forward in the story - not for lack of levels, mind you. I kinda went off the beaten path earlier on and went fooling around in dungeons, accepting requests from villagers, stuff like that, and of course, closing Oblivion gates all over the place... even though my character is a female Mage, for some reason she's all masculine. Did they fix that problem in Skyrim?

Yeah, we are an extremely kooky bunch, it only fits that we should have something like that. Should it be a banner? I've been getting used to making them, but it's not going so well... need more practice.
  8. I'm wary about online games too, but Skyrim is fully offline just like Oblivion so you wont have to worry about anything like that. One thing that I do like about it is that a lot of the things that were no so great or easily exploitable in Oblivion have been balanced out. Like to level Destruction you have to actually cast it in battle on an enemy, no more casting a 1 second Weakness to Fire on yourself over and over. Oh and things like One Handed and Heavy Armor gain exp based off the damage you do/take as opposed to how many times you hit or are hit by an opponent. Khajits and Argonians are much better combatants now too (i'm looking forward to starting over as a sneaky Khajit Alchemist/Warrior type of thing once I've finished the story. Sorry for the wall of text, i like to waffle when it comes to games

What's your most recent file on Oblivion been like?

Oh and as for the logo, we could come up with something 2011-y (very hard to type that word) or something kooky but I can't for the life of me think of what.
  9. Been playing Skyrim? I haven't gotten into that one, I'm kind of wary with online games. I'm playing 'Oblivion' now, though. Is it better than that?

P.S. We should totally get a logo! Hmm, what would best represent us?
  10. Yay! It looks like most of the '11 gang is back. That's not a thing, but I feel like it should be. All we need is a mascot or logo.

Looking back on our last conversation, I realized I haven't got much further with FFVIII... near the end of disk 3 maybe. Skyrim will do that to ya
  11. Hey, I'm back. I even made a thread about it. The first one I've done in a long time. *instrumental sentimental music*

Thanks, man. I really missed this old place.
  12. Welcome back Cyan if you ever decide to return
  13. Hey I'm playing XIII for the first time too! And you're right, it is nice to finally understand all the talk on Lightning, and the linearity etc. There's already characters I like/dislike and I'm only a few hours in
  14. Yes, I thought you'd like that

I suppose, after I'm done with the current stuff.

Haha, yeah Auron is major cool. Ah, the music! Just listening to my brother play - I'm tempted to steal his controller while he's busy reading the manual

She's in ze library, wearing green and blue, I think.
  15. As long as I can still call you Cyan I'm happy

Then you must play it again! XD

I only started playing X because I missed playing XII and both my copies of it are defective or something. Everything up until you get Auron is kinda dull so I'm just trying to play through those parts as quick as possible. One thing you can't fault about it though is the music, I've got it playing in the background right now lol.

I can't remember what I was up to on VIII I think i'm looking for Elena (if that's her name) in the Garden. I just got so tired of walking around the place I stopped playing. I tend to play things again after reading a walkthrough of it online, so maybe i'll pick it up again after i'm finished with X.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 43
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast