Conversation Between Freya and OutlawTorn

2 Visitor Messages

1. I'm glad you understand. My liking of Norse mythology and disliking of FF9 has nothing to do with you as a person.

And congrats!!

So many issues with 9. Hated the overall presentation. It felt very juvenile and Disney'esque. Couldn't relate to or invest in ANY of the characters because they all felt forced; like fairy tale rejects or something. They trageted a younger audiance to prep from a new console and thus a new era of FF titles and gamers. Even 10 was a pre-teen mess. But they also harkened back to the SNES era format. "This is Stan. Stan is a Mage. He's ONLY good for casting spells."

It was basic, simplistic and limiting; the opposite of 8 which was mundane, mature, dynamic as hell in all apsects from character classes being blank canvasses, the GF skill and abilitiy system and how that intertwined with magic, items, cards, chara stats/Abilities, boosts, non-battle perks... 8 was the height of the Franchise's evolution in that era, and 9 destroyed it all to take a lunge backward.
  2. Haha, honestly, I'm sorry I shattered your picture of me. I'm actually not very much into Norse mythology... But I like the fact that Freya's the Goddess of fertility - suits me at least a bit A few months ago I was entitled "best pregnant woman ever", so... it fits. So you can probably go back to your picture of me being a Goddess of Fertility

(Why do you dislike FF9? Just curious, share all your hate. )
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2