Conversation Between Xanatos and Kurt Zisa

42 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Hey guy I haven't seen you post around here recently. I hope all is well
  2. Actually, it's the very first Tekken Tag, the one on PS2, which by the way I used to play a lot in arcades. Luckily, no DLC's there. Tekken 4 is my least favorite in the series, that being said it's still a pretty good game. Seeing Kazuya return in Tekken 4 was beyond awesome back in the day.

One thing I hate while purchasing second hand video games is when I don't get a booklet/manual with it, not that it matters when it comes to newer games as most have shity uninspired booklets/manuals. There were few instances where I would get a booklet/manual but it's on a completely different language, for instance my FF XIII booklet/manual is completely in French. I did however get this huge awesome map-poster with my copy of Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.

Well, thank you kind sir.
  3. Yeah that's the problem with ebay, either the item you want doesn't ship out of the UK or the States, or the shipping is ridiculously high. When I was looking for ff6 advance some people were asking for nearly $30 for shipping alone, and the game I got in the end turned out to be a glitched Taiwanese bootleg of all things.

How're you liking Tag Tournament? It's really cool to be able to play as some of the older characters like Prototype Jack, but I was a bit disappointed to find out that Kunimitsu is only available through a DLC. I'd like to hear what you have to say about Tekken 4 as well, it's the only one I haven't played, but I'd like to see if all the hate it gets is justified or not.

Oh and Happy Birthday! With the different timezones i'm not if it's just started or it's already over, but have a good one all the same.
  4. Well, you can't go wrong with Metal Gear, thus my recommendation.

Aside fairly high prices video game choices in this area are sadly limited, for instance there's barely any support for Nintendo consoles. I would resort to ebay and such but shipment to this god forsaken place is absurdly expensive. I did however get Tekken Tag Tournament and Tekken 4 really, really cheap so it's not all bad.
  5. Oops that's my bad, you recommended it to me a while ago, so I assumed you had played it. Hope I haven't given away any spoilers

I understand your problem with some games costing a lot though, I still haven't found a copy of Final Fantasy IX that doesn't cost upwards of $70 or $80.
  6. It seems we have a misunderstanding here, I have yet to play Guns of the Patriots, that and Snake Eater. My apologies if it's on my part.

I plan on playing Guns of the Patriots and Snake Eater first, sadly can't seem to find either at half decent price here. From what I saw and read Ground Zeroes seems to be nothing short of an over glorified demo, expensive on at that. Angry Joe did a pretty good review on it.
  7. Hey how did you manage to get past the first area on Liquid's Submarine on Guns of the Patriots? I've been trying it for ages now and I can never get past the bit at the end where the Gekos keep spawning, it's been really frustrating. Like i'll reach the door at the end and one will land right on top of me haha

Did you get Ground Zeros? I've been thinking about it, but it costs quite alot for what I've been told is essentailly a demo.
  8. I've finally beaten FF XIII the other day, contrary to popular opinion Orphan's second form was to my surprise rather easy. Right now I'm going through remaining missions, I plan on obtaining all trophies which will be quite a task to say the least. The amount of CP and GIL I need is insane. I've been farming tortoises for the last two days and even with Collectors Catalog/Connoisseur equipped loot is quite scarce. I have yet to find a single trapezohedron. I managed to collect 3 million GIL though which is from what I understand nothing more than pittance in the world of FF XIII.

It's starting to get tedious, luckily I bought Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction so I'll be playing that in between. How's MGS: GOP, I hear it's one of the saddest games ever to be released, it's definitely on my "to buy" list.

Also, have you seen trailer for Transformers 4? From the looks of it humans still play a huge role even though Bay promised to tone it down a bit.
  9. Hey sorry for the late reply, I haven't been playing XIII as much lately. Since I upgraded my ps3 harddrive Tekken Tag 2 and Guns of the Patriots have been taking up most of my time. Nearly finished with GoP though, I just started chapter 4, so I'm thinking i'll try finish XIII after that.

How's your playthrough going, you must be done/nearly done by now. Don't worry about any spoilers, I found out most stuff about this game long before I played it.
  10. Honestly, none of the characters stand out to me, overall they are okayish, I guess, but can be downright annoying sometimes. If I had to choose I would go with Vanille, I'm one of few who thinks her accent is lovely, plus she's a charming person.

You do get to pick out your own party, though pretty late in the game which is kinda stupid to say the least. I went with Lighting (COM, RAV, MED), Hope (RAV, SYN, MED) and Vanille (RAV. SAB. MED), great party for fast buffs and debuffs, Lighting's a powerhouse, combined with two Ravagers they do stagger pretty quick, plus three Medics do come in handy. However, I made a huge mistake early in the game of choosing poor weapons for Vanille and Hope, emphasising strength over magic, now I'm working on fixing that.

As for the game itself, cons outweigh pros by far, despite that I'm really enjoying it. As you said, the battle system is really fun, it's also somewhat more challenging than previous games. Do keep me updated on your progress, you're the only person i can discuss XIII that hasn't already played it to death.
  11. XIII's good, it just hasn't blown me away like previous Final Fantasies. I can understand where a lot of the hate is coming from, but for all it's faults it has a pretty good battle system, i just wish I could use it to its fullest with a party of three that I can pick.

Sahz is pretty cool, I was worried he'd turn out to be a bit too much like Eddie Murphy and just deliver one liners but I'm glad they mainly avoided that steriotype lol. Also his Blitz is meant to be one of the strongest attacks in the game, because it hits up to 8 times. Fang seems cool too, I just haven't had a chance to try her out yet. Who's your favorite character so far?
  12. I'm a way ahead of you. As I said I've been playing it quite a bit these day, better use my opportunity as I wont be able to do so in next week or two, perhaps even more. Anyways, I'm on chapter 9 and it's still as linear as it gets. I mean X was quite linear but at least it had towns to roam around and NPC's to talk to to ease your journey. The battle system is a lot simpler than I initialy thought, it's easy to get into. So, what do you think of XIII so far?
  13. I think it's going pretty good, how about you? I'm up to chapter 6 or 7, where you control Sahz and Vanille, I just wish it would get to the part where everything opens up a bit. Battles just seem to work a lot better with 3 characters rather than just two. Have you gotten the hang of the Battle and Level Up systems?
  14. How's your FF XIII playthrough going? I've been playing it quite a bit these days.
  15. I've been really lucky with getting MSG games lately, my local EB Games had a pretty big influx of them over the past few weeks so I managed to pick up Peace Walker and Snake Eater roughly around the same time. I saw Portable Ops but PW stood out to me a bit more. So uber glad I got it.

Yeah I love being able to build up your Motherbase, I've actually got too many people in the R&D department so I'm firing all the rubbish ones and getting much better ones to replace them. Leveling up the weapons was a great idea too, I've gone through the shooting range missions so many times I know them off by heart.

The battles against the AI machines are a pain but that PKM machine gun is pretty invaluable when it comes to dealing large amounts of damages over a long time. It's funny because while i've been using those battles to farm Metal Gear parts, I can't get past that torture part where you have to mash 'Triangle'. I get to the third electric shock and my thumb wheres out lol.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 42
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast