Conversation Between Alpha and Zargabaath

95 Visitor Messages

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. then there is this merchant girl, Deneb who sells some pretty nifty stuff. she travels from place to place throughout the month. so when you see her it is good to buy from her. she is recruitable but it is a lengthy side-quest.
  2. yeah, but i heard that they are a hassle to get. certain enemies in certain maps. I'll have to look them up to see what i need, which is a lot. lol
  3. Oh, is that how you get them!? Haha, I was wondering why the Wildwood seemed so underwhelming.
  4. So I finally played a video game today other than Pump It Up. It has been like that for a month or so now. Anyways that game was Tactics Ogre and I got to chapter 4. Pretty good stuff has happened. And now there is a bunch of sidequests that have opened. The Phorompa Wildwood(?) has fully opened where there are the advanced crafting recipes to be gained from certain enemies. So I'll probably be grinding that area looking for them while raising my party up.
  5. Too bad they didn't extend the ending. The two going into that big bank. You know they're about to get lit up. Security can't be that lax.

For me, the anti-capitalist theme didn't translate well. Time equals money, but time doesn't equal money that much. I would be against that system. A clock should not be used in that manner. We don't know, or I just have forgotten, who instituted the "time" system, but that to me is a big infringement. This was more like a very warped capitalist system, like what is in the Unincorporated Man novels.
  6. Oh no way, I saw that last Monday. It was better than I was expecting, but that's not really saying much because I expected absolute crap. The anti-capitalist theme was too simple and one-dimensional in my opinion. That female lead was hella pretty though.
  7. Well lately whenever I tried to come here it would say there was an error with TFF. Don't know if that was with everybody. Finally was able to get in by clicking on a link in an email. It has been like this for several days.

As for TO - no. Unfortunately. I've been meaning to play some games, any games. I just haven't. In a real funk. I've been working more which tends to take the whole day away.

I did see "In Time" with my friend a couple of nights ago. The sci-fi/action film starring Justin Timberlake. Pretty good and interesting.
  8. How's it going Zargs?

Did you manage to finish TO? I'm back into it now that I've finished uni for the summer (but I'm working full time, so I don't have much game time). Just got to chapter 4, and decided to get to the end of Phorampa Wildwood, just to see what was there -- it was a let down. The chapter 3 maps are harder.
  9. I like basketball, but really only follow the ANBL (Australian, with one NZ team too, which is also the situation for football/soccer). But I keep on top of sport generally:

I meant union as equivalent to league. (League would mean different aport entirely, as there's both 'rugby league' and 'rugby union', this is the latter.) New Zealand Rugby Football Union is the coordinating body and has a judiciary. I'm not even aware of a player's union. For international games/disputes there's the International Rugby Board (IRB), or something, I'm not so clear on that.
  10. Oh, any sport you do take interest in?

I don't know how it works over there for that sport but over in the states it is the league that hands down the punishment. The players' union usually tries to fight against any punishment handed to the player.
  11. As far as I gather (and I could be wrong; I'm not really that interested in rugby) there was no charge at all.

Either that shows that rugby players are made of heavier stuff, or that the union's judiciary sucks balls. Or both. Probably both.
  12. Quade Cooper ment that sh!t. Bugger looked down at the fella's head then kneed him like he knows Muay Thai.

Now did he go to an actual court or was it just the league's judiciary system?
  13. I don't bother with status resistances as abilities. It's too hard to predict, and the sacrifice is too great. I favour equipment with status resistances until the statistical gap between it and my latest piece of equipment is too great. I can't remember what it's called, but most of my magic users have a piece of equipment that offers silenceproof.
  14. Not the Wildwood, I believe it was the Reisan Way stage. With the enemy's mages using more spells choosing what statuses my melee characters are resistant to is getting difficult. Along with choosing what skills for them to have as well. I got to create a balance.
  15. Still in that process. On the whole, they're four levels behind.

Was that battle in the Phoramphra Wildwood? I love that place. I finished all the Chapter 3 maps there. Annoys me that you need 2 dragoons at least for most of its maps though; limits the melee units you can afford to train there.
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 45 of 95
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast