Conversation Between Alpha and Meier Link

87 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. The post is Link Meier approved along side Meier Link approved. Had no doubt that you got the point that I was trying to make.
  2. I know haha. Boredom mostly. Booze has little to nothing to do with it also. Mind won't shut down for the night so I figure I would contribute a little bit of nothingness to the forum to kill a few minutes of every ones time gwahaahahaaaa.....
  3. Such a new thread whore.
  4. That's to funny. Hate the key board on my side kick plus the site lags the crap out of it. And I type faster then the words appear. All in all its cause I am lazy hahahaaa
  5. I can't tell the difference between you posting drunk and you posting on not a real keyboard.
  6. Happy birthday!
  7. There is more to what I was meaning but after rereading DHs post it would be to hard to limit it on your end. It would be up to me as the mod to regulate duplicate threads but not similar threads. Forget the second part, I had a few to drink when I sent you that one.
  8. First part duly noted and changed.

Regarding the second part, what exactly do you mean? Take Dragonheart's idea as an example. Once there is a thread (hopefully) on the subject, there can't be another. Is that what you mean?

First, I'm not sure if that's necessary, because why would someone ask to start a thread about something which already exists?

Second, what if someone wants to explore a similar, but related issue -- like...hmm...euthanasia for people who are in a coma, and who only have their family's authority and word, as they never expressed a desire nor a distaste for that option (or something else). Would creating a limitation potentially prevent that?

Though I'm not 100% on whether I understand what you mean here.
  9. In the ID topic thread I think the opener should read something more along the lines of

"Do you have an idea for a topic for our humble Intellectual Discussion sub-forum but you don't want to create the thread yourself?

"Perhaps you are interested in reading about a topic but don't feel able to (or don't want to) start or maintain a fun, constructive discussion about that which interests you?"

instead of:

"Do you have an idea for a topic for our humble Intellectual Discussion sub-forum?

But you don't want to create the thread yourself? Perhaps you are interested in reading about a topic, but don't feel able to (or don't want to) start or maintain a fun, constructive discussion about that which interests you?"

Also there needs to be some limitation stated that once an idea is turned into a thread, that no other threads should be made to help eliminate duplicate threads. Something simple will suffice.

I have been meaning to gget back to you on this one but as soon as I started digging into it you disappeared haha.
  10. I did a breif skim of the OP and yeah I agree that it could use a little work, not much though. I already stickied the thread before you could even type up your VM haha, just happened to be at work a few minutes early.

Anyways I will give more feed back later this evening when I have a few more minutes to think about it. So far looks good!
  11. In case you miss it (you're a busy, busy man, if I understand correctly), I made the ID topic suggestions thread.

EDIT: JK you already did it haha. Quick off the mark.

Funnily enough, the OP could do with some suggestions. Anything I should change/add/remove?
  12. Thanks boss, your words of kindness are taken to heart. It seriously means a lot.
  13. Nah, like, there's no issue with any members. Far from it.

But there's stuff going on behind that thread that I'd rather keep to myself and, IDK, I'm just sick of the arguments I'm reading in it.

I figured it was my prerogative, as the author, to request closure.
  14. Sorry yo, I have not been to active this weekend. It is taken care of for now.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 87
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast