Conversation Between Alpha and Furore

64 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. I forget now tbh.
    Just remember I liked playing Snake on the thing. ^^;;
  2. Was your phone a Nokia 2280? Those things were built like a brick shithouse.
  3. I'm as dead as they come.
    I don't mind Silverchair, though I do prefer their older stuff.
  4. Are you still alive? You don't post often anymore

What do you think of Silverchair? I only just listened to Frogstomp for the first time tonight. I honestly can't believe they were 15. It's pretty similar (well, 'almost identical') to Pearl Jam/Soundgarden, but when you factor in age, and the fact that, while lacking in originality, musically it holds up... well, there's a reason it's a ****ing famous album.
  5. It's fine to be that way, just not in a remembrance thread.
    It's disrespectful in the same way kicking someone's headstone in a grave yard would be.
  6. I wasn't trying to be insensitive. If I was, I apologise.

But I do wonder when it is going to be acceptable to have a critical perspective of 9/11, and especially of the high level of media exposure it garners in comparison to other happenings.
  7. The second one.
  8. I have no idea what you're referring to.

I assume 9/11. In that case I think you have completely misinterpreted what I said. That or, more likely, I failed in expressing my viewpoint accurately.
  9. Shit man, show some sensitivity!
    Idealism's good and all but there's a time and a place for it.
  10. Sorry to hear about your Nana man.
    Mine also passed a couple years back and she meant more to me than anyone so I know it's tough.
    Focus on the good and do something to keep your mind occupied is the only practical advice I can give.
  11. I didn't just mean the Catholic Pope.
    Most denominations have some figure somewhere high up.
  12. Now don't mistake Catholicity and Christianity, even though I treated them as synonymous in that thread. There's no Pope for a Christian Humanist, now is there? Unless they're a Catholic Humanist. But that sounds funny.
  13. The heads of Christianity come to mind.
    It's kind of like wiggas. They can act like 'niggas' but they're not fooling anybody.
  14. Christianity is very diverse in what it incorporates but some things are seen as correct by all Christians. Christian Humanists by definition aren't Christians if they don't believe in the divine. I suppose it depends on what you consider a Christian to be though - if you're very loose with your terms Christian Humanists could be considered Christian if they follow Christ's teachings, but from a textbook stance, they're not (thank you Studies of Religion class. ). Vanilla Christians certainly wouldn't consider them Christian.

My point was that anyone can be a 'Christian' if they see themself as one. Who is to say otherwise?

Out of curiousity, if a Christian Humanist is one who believes in Christian values but not the divine, what is a Christian who does believe in the divine and has Humanist tendancies? As far as I'm concerned there are too few titles and they're too damn specific...

There should be a term for that. I hope there is.

[EDIT: Oh, I know. Anne Rice.]

...but they're all I got to work with if I want to keep my posts 'intellectual'.
    Rituals and belief are intrinsic parts of 'Christianity'.

FYI, you're not the reason I closed the thread. Well, want the thread closed. It isn't closed yet, clearly, because you just posted
  15. http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/in...ml#post1280573

Lol. We get the exact same patterns in New Zealand! The "easily exploitable ones in Hawaiian shirts with cameras" is the most spot on. They tend to be the most thick, as well.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 64
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast