Conversation Between Pete and Zargabaath

84 Visitor Messages

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. Its been a while. Good to know you are safe while drinking (pink is your color). That's being smart.

How do you think reyes will enjoy playing for all the latinos in canada?

Anyways, how have ya been?
  2. We may another decent/good young player in Justin Turner. He's been on a tear taking advantage of his playing time. I wish Bay would do something. It looks like we got the young position players, we just need good young pitching.
  3. Not only do they want their money squared away, a lot of people/businesses need accountants so the job market is not so bad compared to anything else. As for my girlfriend she does want to become a CPA.

I was never too crazy about English throughout my learning years but in college I was in the first English class that I found the teacher to be very good. Coincidently he was from Brooklyn, Mr. Antinarella. He has actually attended the, I believe, yearly meeting of when a bunch of professors get together to work on the English language. Make changes to the rules and whatnot. He did it a few times, but when I took his class he said he stopped going cause it was a bit boring.
  4. Accounting is a great field right now. It seems like more than ever, people want their money to be squared away and to not get investigated. I have a few friends who are doing that now, and they're doing pretty well with it. Is she going to be a CPA?

And yeah, if I could re-do college, I wouldn't have been an English major. I feel like I didn't really learn a whole lot about the writing process, since I've been doing it forever. What really killed though, was that it took up until two months before I graduated to realize that English wasn't really for me. The kids in the program were all a little too kooky for me.
  5. Business may still be good to go into now, but how things are looking for the future, the business world will be racked with control. Oh well. My girlfriend is trying to become an accountant as well. She just needs to get in touch with a Veteran Affairs office down in Florida. She hasn't gone to one yet because she's not exactly sure which part of her family she will be staying with so she doesn't want to go to one till she gets settled.

My friend was going for English as well since he is damn good on the subject, but I know he has changed his mind though I cannot recall his new major.
  6. Oh business is always good to go into. I went for English, and there's no market for that these days... while I can technically do anything, I really can't, since I'm not really specialized.

As for the cancer, my right nut was hurting for about two weeks. It was a dull, lingering kind of pain, like I was more aware that it was just there. I figured it would go away, but it didn't, so I went to the doc. He scheduled me for a sonogram just to be safe, and it turned out that I'm fine. Apparently it was a bit swollen from when my girlfriends nephew accidentally fell onto me, and coincidentally, my nut. I got hit hard, but I didn't think hard enough to really do any damage lol.
  7. Initially I was a bit undecided so I was going for General Studies. Now I'm looking into business/accounting. Mom was hassling me about what I was going to do so I thought about it and came up with, well I like Sam Adams, why not work for the company?

That girl is probably accustomed to "things rising" with her profession. Though that wouldn't have any calming affect on the fellow. What made you or your doctor(s) think you had cancer?

I just don't want Alderson to make the Mets into the Pirates or any low market team: trade their valuable players before their contract is up to get prospects in order to "build" the team up - indefinitely. I would try to keep Reyes. Reyes has said he would like to stay but who knows if he would take less to do that.
  8. Yeah, I've been making myself just stay overtime at work lately, since I got docked about 5 hours of comp time, for blowing a red light, and having it caught on camera. I've been chilling in the office and just bsing with people until about 5pm every day, which sucks since I'm officially done at 3.

As for the nut cancer, or lack thereof, it was honestly the scariest week and a half of my life. Kinda funny in retrospect, since the technician doing the ultrasound on the boys was a pretty hot chick, and all I was thinking is "Ok, don't get it up" but given the situation, I don't think it would have happened anyway.

It's great that you got a new job, and I totally know the position you're in, but it's nice to know that you'll have something while you look for something else. It's also good that you'll be taking some summer classes. Are you looking for a degree in anything?

Ike is one of my favorites too this year. I don't know why, but I feel like the team is much more likable in general. I can't believe Wright got a clutch homer to win a game. He hasn't done that in years. Unfortunately, I do think that if the Mets aren't contending, and Reyes is having the year that he is, he'll be traded. What sucks though is that he'll be sought after by a good team, who won't be willing to part with anyone on his caliber, in the pros. He'd probably be worth some prospects, but I don't think any of them could ever have his spark. As for Beltran, he'll probably be dealt as well. We're definitely not re-signing him, and what scares me is that Reyes will want something like 6years and 90 million, and Alderson seems to be avoidant of big contracts. I'll cry if they trade Wright though.
  9. Long time no... ... words...? Anyhuma it seems like your life is on an upswing after finding out you don't have nut cancer. Can't get better news than that.

Things are on the up and up, generally speaking, for me as well. Got a new job that is slightly better yet I am still looking around for the best available job. Have an interview tomorrow morning. I'll be taking some classes over the summer in order to make up for lost time that I've inflected upon myself from laziness.

Ike Davis is becoming one of my favorite Met players of this team. Stinks that he got on the DL. You think the Mets will trade Reyes? I cannot see the team without him. I can see Beltran being dealt who is doing fairly well in increasing his worth so far. But with Reyes he came through the organization and to see him leave would be sad.
  10. Yeah, the Nats game was a hard loss. Of course Laynce Nix of all people would kill us. He does absolutely nothing 99% of the time, and then he'll go and get that one crushing hit against us.
  11. Went to bed the Mets were leading 4-2. When I woke up to get ready for work I checked the score and saw that they lost. The last Nationals' game was a tough loss as well.
  12. Todays game was all shades of ridiculous. The stadium was a ghost town, but we sat in the first row, in between the tarp and Rockies dugout. I wasn't shocked about the loss, but Izzy's return was awesome to see. My friend, his brother and I gave him a standing ovation when he ran in from the pen.
  13. What are they going to do with him? Back-up to Reyes? Second baseman? Though it hasn't been said, to my knowledge, the next few years Alderson will be rebuilding. I do think we have some nice young position players that need refining.
  14. Chin-lung Hu will be our savior in 2011!
  15. I love it. I'm a little skeptical on having 3/4 of Moneyball running the show for us, but at least they have some direction and organizational skills... and hopefully it won't be los Mets for much longer!
Showing Visitor Messages 16 to 30 of 84
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast