Conversation Between Zargabaath and Andromeda

16 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Yeah I've been following the fighting game since it got announcement. Atlus teased a US release announcement last week and finally confirmed it this week. Very excited, it is going to have a few characters from P3 as well.

But wow, I thought you had finished the game at 120 hours. Glad you're enjoying it a lot though. It has plenty. The P4:Golden looks fun, but wish they did the same thing they did for P3P and added a Female Protagonist. Would make replaying it a little more enjoyable.

Yeah Disgaea is very enjoyable and tons of tweaking to do.
  2. Did you hear that Persona 4: Arena is coming to the states. It's a 2-D hand-drawn fighting game. I don't know much about it nor have I seen any footage.

And I'm still not done with P4. Very close. I'm currently in the middle of December. A good portion of my time goes to leveling and fusing - with the skills I want the fusion to inherit - personae. I spent hours just doing that.

I have not played any of the Disgaea games. I've seen a friend play a bit and I know what the series is generally about - demons, TRPG, and pretty good humor for basics. I may not grind to perfection but grinding I do not mind. .
  3. So um, got a question. Is Dark Gaia/Sabin really banned. I noticed it saying on his profile that he is banned. But I haven't seen anything that would get him banned. Not that it had to be overt to me. I'm not asking for details, just a confirmation. Cause it has taken me by surprise. Thanks.
  4. Full control in battle is worth it though. So many times they didn't do what I would have preferred. Still want to date all of the guys though. I'd like to see what sort of stories that they have to explore.
  5. It is true the Persona 3 Portable has menu-based navigation which is a bit upsetting however you can control all your characters in battle!!
  6. Hey!
  7. Hi-5!!!!!
  8. The gameplay is certainly unique and pretty interesting. In the end most RPGs have to rely on good gameplay since it is what you're going to be doing for a while and it certainly is entertaining. I know I've found myself doing more than necessary because I got side tracked with other things in the game that didn't follow the story.
  9. Would you say that the gamplay makes up for the lack of story?
  10. I haven't finished it yet and so I don't think the story really has come forward completely, which is a little on the bad side since I'm on Chapter 14 and there are 16 Chapters total. The story is pieced together slowly through like two characters until the main character eventually become involved it what is technically the main story. It has been interesting to follow so far, but because I don't have the full scope yet I can't say how it is fully yet
  11. Hey ya. I have a question but do you have an answer? Duh Duh Duh!!!!!

What are your thoughts on the story of Resonance of Fate?

I shall give you forward thanks for, hopefully, responding to me.

*Moves forward one space* *bows*
  12. I have been meaning to tell you this but in the thread, "It's not just about the game anymore" you said that the Crystal Theme (the Prelude) is absent in FFX; that is false. The beginning of the song doesn't sound like it but after a bit of time it has the familiar sound. Here is the link = YouTube - Final Fantasy X Music - The Prelude
    The song is played in the beginning when Tidus is about to go to the blitzball match.

Also you say that the Prelude was put at the end for FFVIII, it is actually the song for the game over screen. YouTube - Final Fantasy VIII Prelude

Now this song was absent from FFX but it is not the Crystal theme/Prelude, it is the Main Theme for Final Fantasy. This theme is usually found at the end. It is played at the end for: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, & Final Fantasy IX. This song played after Golbez and FuSoYa were defeated by Zeromus and it continues to play till Cecil uses the Crystal. It also is the theme for the title screen for FFXII. Here are some links:
    YouTube - Final Fantasy V Music - FINAL FANTASY

YouTube - Final Fantasy VIII Music - Ending Theme [Part 2]

YouTube - Final Fantasy XII - Main Theme

YouTube - Final Fantasy I OST : 2 - Opening theme
  13. But 300 people on FFXIII were not 250 artists and 50 programmer or whatever. They were making a complete game from scratch so they have a full staffing off everything. FFVII's remake wouldn't require nearly the amount of staffing in areas. They could get away with less people in other areas and if using a 300 team model, having significantly more artists. You don't need ten designers for a game that's already finished. I just think, being an artist myself, that they over estimating the time required and exaggerating things. They've already completed one HD FF game and Advent Children, the artists have more experience making the models and textures that would be required of a game than when they started FFXIII. Experience ends up shorten time a lot because you're no longer doing trial and error to figure out if it works this way. They have pipelines and systems that will get the job done a lot faster than the work on FFXIII. He's neglecting the experiences that they've learned.
  14. The thing is Final Fantasy XIII had around 300 people working on the game and if Kitase says it would take longer 3-4 times longer than FFXIII than that is saying something. I would think he would be saying that the FFVII remake would have the same amount of people working on it. I just think that the level of detail would take a long time - as Kitase and others, I think Nomura, have said.
  15. Well it is specifically the combat. You know how in Xenogears you can switch in and out of your gear to fight. And if you wanted to really stomp on enemies you could just lower your fist and joyfully one-shot little enemies. But that there were also some enemies you could only take on in a gear. It is the same feeling in WKC. When you transform into the White Knight you can pretty much one-shot all of the weaklings, but there are some enemies that you really want to use the White Knight on because they're have a lot of HP and def and are massive creatures. However, even in human form you can deal with these. This is what WKC does a lot better, you can still fight those behemoth monsters, it'll take a while, but you can do it. Because they have several hit locations you hit their legs enough they'll lose balance and come crashing down allowing you to hit for normal damage on their head or chest or something. But it was mainly the sense of being in a huge mecha walking around and beating things up that made me remember the joy of mecha combat in gears.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 16
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast