Conversation Between Fate and Dodie16

524 Visitor Messages

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
  1. If I go through, I think to save time I'd pass all the cutscene and FMVs, even though they all look amazing. Were the things that you sold one-time only stuff? Because really, I sold off a ton of accessories just to upgrade my weapon; Hope's weapon, for example, went from a level 1 Airwing to a level 20, and then to a different weapon. I use him. <3 I think it's my favorite story so far; so many detailed stuff and such. I mean, at first when I read the description, confusing as hell, but when I actually played the game, it became crystal clear and epic. =D

GIMP has a built-in animation thing, too, right? Or do you need to download it? Have you ever worked with (Macromedia) Flash? It's what the professionals use, I think? =3 Kind of hard. >.> I need to master more lightning and stuff, though. =S It's funny when Hope uses his own name in a sentence, too. xD

I've told him that he's not his age, too. And he just said, "Why do you think so?" since a ton of people have said the same thing. xD He's a genius, though! =D

Hahaha, I kind of was! XD And just because of that, I made myself a new Fang avatar. =P
  2. It took me a lot less time to get back to Nautilus than I did the first time. Maybe because I got the hang of the battle system and I felt confident enough to skip the tutorials. And yeah, I even skipped a few cutscenes. Not a lot, but a few. I do have a lot more free time than I would care to have though. -__- I sold off a lot of beginning items that you could use later for upgrading your weapons and accessories, and wasted a lot of gil on potions and stuff. I actually use potions a lot less than what I initially thought I would. I agree. The story is really one of those where you can't wait to see what happens next, and keeps you guessing along the way.

That's how it sort of is in GIMP too. You have to create a new layer for each animation you want to do, and when you're done you have to adjust how long you want each animation to play. No problem! I think she'll like it. And I saw what you did there. xD

Hmm. I must have forgot. Sometimes, I forget that you are that young. I told Zero the same thing. He said he got that told to him a lot.

Well, after nearly four months of having his image somewhere in either your avy or sig, you sort of become associated with the character. =P It was almost like you were promoting him around the forums or something.
  3. Wow, that's still far considering you started over. Must have a lot more time than me, huh? xD And what did you sell, exactly? Isn't there a store later that sells those Uranites or whatnot? I think the plot is just outstanding in this game! 8D

Yep, we have ImageReady, which is simple to work with, but annoying. To make the awards, I'd just need to line them up--one layer atop another--in Photoshop, open them in ImageReady, show one layer only for one frame, another for another frame, and so on until I have all, then set the time intervals. =) .:EDIT:. Oh, and thankies for the compliment~! =D Hope* she likes ice, though. X3

Well, unlike most people, I have a good memory, rememebr? Because, unlike most people, I'm only fourteen! xD

*Hahaha, HOPE! 8D And so far, three people have mistaken his name for Fate. =)
  4. I actually started my game over, because my first playthrough, I sold off a lot of stuff that you can use to upgrade your weapons, and I wanted the stuff back. So now, I'm in Nautilus. Vanille was just about to tell Sazh something very important, but got interrupted before she could.

They're a ton of work in GIMP, but I hear that Photoshop is a bit easier to work with. If you come up with something, I'd love to see it. Speaking of which, I really liked that banner that you made for Hyz! Very nice ice effects, and the font and reflect effect that you used for her name was really a nice touch. ^^

Haha... Well, apparently not everyone was as quick to catch on to my deviousness as you are. I actually forgot about the Bogus Awards. I guess most everyone else did too?
  5. I absolutely hate Snow's personality. >=( ANd not just because Hope is after him, either. =D Fang has that heroic attitude, I think, but in the same sense as Snow, since she's not annoying. She's more like the protective sister. =3 She's so awesome. though. 8D Where are you at in the game?

But they're hardly noticeable on Dark. =) I'll have to look into GIFs later. Heh-heh. =P

Well, you made it so obvious not to know! xD I wonder what you won in the Bogus Awards? =D
  6. Yeah, I'm not really liking Snow as much as I thought I would. He seems to be too much of a meat-head. I haven't got to work with Fang all that much, but from what I've played, I do really like her.

You can tell that my Awards gif had those jaggies that you're talking about. I guess it has to do with whether or not there is a more symmetrical design to the banner, or ones that deal with basic shapes? I honestly have no idea.

HEY! You weren't supposed to know about my dirty dealings! >.<

Thanks.
  7. And the part where he goes BOOM is one of my favorites! 8D I saw it in the trailer months ago but experiencing the entire scene was even better. ^_~ But to me, Snow is...kind of lame. >.> I don't like him so much. But Fang totally lived up to my expectations! =D

How come when you save trasnaprent images as GIFs, they don't have the white outline, but when I do it, it does? =O Does it have something to do with the file size, because mine are also hundreds.

Hahaha, I guess you blackmailed them all to vote for you! ^__^ Naw, just joking. CONGRATULATIONS! <3
  8. I honestly was unsure about his character at first, because he wouldn't express himself about the thing that was bothering him, and that kind of got to me a bit. However, he eventually gets to where he can open up a bit more, so I like him now. ^_^

Yeah, it's a GIF. I can't get any animations to save in an animated format unless I use it as GIF. Show you my awards? Or how I made the animation? It would take too long to explain how to do the animation, but here's my awards that I won:

See? I can be nice.
  9. Yep, yep, I absolutely LOVE the game! 8D And Hope is precious. =D

...What file did you save that as? It...can't be a GIF, right? It doesn't have that weird dissolved white outline to the transparent parts...But wow, I love it! =D I have no clue how to animate with transparencies, though! xD Show me. =D
  10. Wheeeee!!! I hope you're enjoying FF XIII! Anyway, on my downtime from playing the game, I made this:

I'm pretty happy that I figured out how to make semi-transparent images. Just figured I would show it off to a few people, because I can't put it in my own signature. I'd like to keep my Okami theme going, and I can't get rid of the userbar you made for me. Also, I wanna show off my awards!
  11. I'll check them out soon. ^^ Haha.. I should have thought to check the threads that he made.

Eternal Sonata. I'll keep that title in mind next time I go game shopping. It might not be for a while though. I have to get my money situation taken care of. It's no fun growing up and having financial responsibilities. :| Smart lad! Never touch a tarantula! They are icky and have weird fur on them. Spiders are not supposed to have hair!

Can't say that the title rings a bell, but the band name sounds familiar. Yet another song I'll have to check out when I'm not so busy with FF XIII. =P

You can't stand tearing flesh, but you can look at a needle while it's being injected into your skin? I guess those are pretty different things though. IMO, he's not much eye candy, but then again, I don't have a taste for young teenage boys, especially when they look like young teenage girls.

Haha.. When you say "no", it just makes me want to do it even more! >=D I won't though, because I don't feel like linking a picture to you right now. YOU GOT LUCKY THIS TIME!!! In some of the new ones, Mario grows when he touches a mushroom. Too bad that doesn't happen in real life, eh Fate? Ice cream is a semi-solid, and do you know what word is in the thesaurus as a synonym for semi-solid? MUSH!!! Which is another way of saying MUSHY!!!

I have no experience with Photoshop, so I can't help you there, but they should just show up where all your other brushes appear, unless Photoshop is much more organized than GIMP. Haha.. If you say I did, then I must have said it, O rememberer-of-unimportant-details. =P Go copyright that word, so every time someone uses it, they owe you money! That's how a copyright works, yeah?

I still have yet to perfect the abstract look, but with more practice, I'll get better. I'll keep in mind the randomness tip, but I'm not so good with random. A lot of my designs are pretty orderly.

So you have a PS3 now? Way to go Fatey-O! Hopefully you'll have fun with FF XIII. I think you will, because Hope has some pretty big parts where you play as him. He's also a really good Synergist. Speaking of Hope, I notice that you still have a FF XIII inspired avatar. =P Must have grown on you these past four months.
  12. Go to the Literature forum. He has tons of stories there. =D Or just look for threads he started. Apparently, something about an owl?

Yep, and it's really, really fun. Although, i really wished it would be remade for PS3, because that's the ONLY game I love that's only for 360. Try Eternal Sonata for PS3; it's the game with Claves and Serenade. =D My sister hates spiders, too; she always has me kill them. <.< And I got a chance to hold a tarantula once, but i refused to. >.>

I don't think their others songs are quite as good, though...^_____^ I know a good song by Shinedown called Second Chance. Have you heard of it?

I can't stand any tearing flesh; it's absolutely disgusting. >.> And I gag soooo easily. Eww, I hate his music. But yeah, he's just there for eye candy, practically. >.>

*shudders* DON'T SHOW ME THAT AGAIN! >.< Hahaha, I still remember when I first played the original Mario game where you grow with the mushroom. =D Nuh-uh! xD They're CREAMY!

I think they're called something different in Photoshop? I have no clue, because textiles didn't come up. Anyway, if I come up with something new (or steal ideas), I'll share them with you! =D You did, too! I have good memory or irrelevant things, rememebr? That's why I'm so good at blackmail. ^~ SHINYNESS needs to be a word, and not just shine. x3

Abstract are the best! They give it that incomplete but very unique look, which I just love. GOOD NEWS!!!

Hahaha, yeah, I thought it was an O sound for the two A's at first, too. And what about Isaac? It's totally an I sound!

I just slap on a ton of random ones. =P Randomness is good in abstract, remember!= D

I can't part with my PS2; too many great games and good times. =3 Whoo-hoo, I got someone esle to buy it in place of me, right when the next shipment came, because I had school! Now I just have to wait for my dad to get home and pick it up for me. ^~ YAAAAAAAY!!!! <3<3<3<3<3
  13. I'll have to ask him to link me to some of his stuff sometime. I've read his journal, and he does have a talent for the written word. ^^

Infinite Undiscovery is for the 360, right? I don't have one, but I would play it if I did. As for spiders...yeck. I hate them. I had a teacher in Junior High, who thought it would be fun to let the class hold a tarantula and a snake. I didn't have any problems with the snake, but the tarantula I did have problems with. They're just so...ICKY!!!

It was pretty good. ^-^ I'll have to check out some more of thier stuff. Can't say I liked the actual video though, but the song was good.

Haha... I can't stand seeing other people get a shot either, so I know how you're sister feels. :| I only heard one of his songs, and I wasn't impressed, but his target audience is young teenage girls, so if they like him, then I guess he's doing his job.

NO, because they are already beautiful! Look at them in all of their colorful splendor! Mario 2 isn't that old. I mean, I was around 3 years old when it was released... Okay, I guess it is old. =P Haha! You were about to say "it's soft and mushy", weren't you? WEREN'T YOU?!?!? rofl.

If you come up with anything good, let me see, because I'm having some creator's block right now. When did I say I was a boy? But then again, maybe I did? I'll have to check on that. ;-D I KNOW YOU DO!!! And for good reason. It really catches people's attention. :3

I got some abstract brushes, but I have yet to play around with them all. I'll try them out later, when I'm not focused on FF XIII!!! Hurry and go get a PS3 so you can play it!!!

Names like that throw me off, because the way that you say Vaan is like "Vahn", but Canaan is pronounced "Cay-nun"? Names like that need to have phonetic spelling so we can pronounce them right. =P

Yeah, but finding the right combination is the tricky part for me, but maybe I'm just too picky.

YEAH! I wanted to wait for my birthday and get me a PS3 slim, but I got impatient and just got the regular bulky one. Looking back, I wish I would have waited, but I got it now, so there's nothing I can do. If I could though, I would want to get a PS3 that still could play PS2 games. Mine doesn't, so I have to keep my PS2 for my games. I hope it doesn't break down, because it's kind of old. I take really good care of my stuff though. Here's wishing you luck when some more PS3s arrive in your area!
  14. Hey, Zero shouldn't be complaining, he wrote an entire story! XD

I can't remember if it was Star Ocean or not. =P But yep, something like that! And if you've plated Infinite Undiscovery, there is a GIANT spider boss. =D Do you like spiders?

Here's Paramore's best song for you: YouTube - Paramore - Decode [OFFICIAL VIDEO] =D

Hahahaha, you bit a nurse? xD One time when my sister was really little, she watched someone get a shot and then we heard a cry. But it wasn't from the person getting the shot, it was from my sister! XD Someone on another forum commented on how Justin Bieber "can't sing for fifty cents and looks like a hamster," or something like that. =S

And I suppose someday the frogs will become beautiful, like the ugly duckling? =P Oh, that's a good point. I mean, Mario is from long ago, before I even knew what androgynous even meant. xD Hey, ice cream is not mushy, it's soft and...ice cream-y! >=3

I have to download textiles, right? Gotta try, gotta try! =D New technique time. Hey, you ARE a boy, remember? Huh? Huh? You said it from like three months ago! (But you're too old to remember, probably. =P) I love everything shiny!

Benny Boy and Rivy are amaaaazing. =3 To me, anyway. Naw, I use abstract brushes instead of grunge for my backgrounds, because grunge seems to be too broken apart. I use that for effect instead of design. =)

Wel, it was to me, when I saw Canaan was pronounced like Cay-nun. xD

How I did it was actually just slap on random abstract brushes but not too much so it leaves a misty shape at the top. No erasers, though. Don't worry, it's very easy. ^~

And I think they discontinued regular PS3ast September and now only sell Slims, which are better but are the same price. So I might have made a good choice. =P Well, I guess I just like Sony better than Microsoft! xD But let's just hope I can get one when the shipment comes! 8D
  15. Haha.. Zeromune commented how long our VMs are... I told him we both like to write books when we talk. =P Anyway...

Well, if I ever play that game that you're talking about, I'll remember to play it with the lights on, because spider bears are SCARY!!! *shudders* Gives me nightmares just thinking about it...

I have heard of them, but I haven't heard anything by them. At least I don't think I have. I'll check them out sometime on Youtube when I get a chance. I probably could right now, but my brain is fried from FF XIII goodness. ^^

You are a lot more braver that I am... I can't even look at it going into my skin or I have a slight panic attack. My mom tells me that I bit a nurse for trying to give me a shot when I was younger, but I don't remember that. Maybe I just blocked it out of my head? HA! Justim Bieber... My little cousin has the biggest crush on him. I don't see it. I think he looks like a girl. He's still young though, so he'll get more manly features when he gets passed puberty.

NO! Froggies are NOT revolting! They're just...MISUNDERSTOOD! XP Ha! I wonder if Birdo is/was the first game character who had gender issues? If I wasn't so lazy right now, I would look it up. ^^; Ice cream can be mushy. Are you saying you don't like ice cream?!?!

I tried the textiles out, and I liked what they did. They're really neat to use with the eraser tool. ^^ It makes the background look really intricate. Haha! Nah.. The one that didn't have a halo was a boy! Are you calling me a boy now? =P I love my sparkly brush set! <3

I looked through a few of the threads, and there's some really good banner makers there. I need to refine my skill some more. Do you use grunge to make your smokey-looking backgrounds? Or is it something else? I tried to emulate that look, but it didn't work for me.

Fataan is pronounced as Faten? I thought it was Fah-tahn. I still like it though.

Well, since you swiped the idea from someone, I'm sure that you wouldn't mind if I swiped the idea from YOU! XD I did try it, but the way I had it set up didn't look right to me. I'll have to try another combination sometime...when I'm not so busy with FF XIII!!!

Yeah, I heard PS3s are getting hard to find. Glad I got mine when I did then, even though like a month later PS3s went on sale and were $100 bucks cheaper... Oh well. Doesn't matter now. ^^; I've also bought games when I didn't have the system to play them. rofl. I bought the first Kingdom Hearts game when I didn't have a PS2, and I bought Advent Children Complete when I didn't have a bluray player. From what I've seen though, there's really not much difference with the 360 port, but if you prefer the PS3 version, then I guess that's the one you're wanting to get. ^^
Showing Visitor Messages 151 to 165 of 524
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast