Conversation Between Asectic and Michael Swayne

25 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. It's all part of the fun. R.Kyra's one too. Don't worry, the two of us will be back to our old selves in a few weeks.
  2. you're one of those odd hippy liberals now. i've seen them a lot lately XD
  3. There's another what?
  4. there's another one!
  5. I am glad you liked it. I saw a couple videos on YouTube on how to write it. Writing Korean is very different than in Chinese. It is actually easier for me, because of my natural writing style.

I was worried that I might have put it in the wrong style. I saw chu kam ni da, chu ka hae, and a couple others but I can't remember them.

And yes, it has gotten a lot colder here lately as well. I have been using my spring/summer coat lately, but I think I may have to get my winter coat out sooner than I want. There were thoughts of seeing snow last weekend, but thankfully it didn't happen.
  6. OMG that is awsome! Thanks!
    Ahahaha turned out I didn't have to break that much of a sweat.

It's getting a bit chiller than usual, don't you think?
  7. Okay, for your birthday, I planned to send you a message in my handwritten Korean, but I can't seem to send you pictures via VM/PM/User Note. So, I will put the pictures in an album on my profile page. Sorry to have to make you work to get your present.
  8. Sometimes, if they do it several times after being corrected. People usually pronounce my last name wrong. They usually say Sway-knee (similar to Patrick Swayze- R.I.P.), instead of Swain. What irks me is when they assume my name is spelled S-W-A-I-N. My internet provider still believes my name is Swain instead of Swayne, and I have been correcteing them for almost 1 year now.

I don't have any secrets, and I am not trying to hide anything, so I keep everything out in the open. You can even go straight to my FaceBook page from my username. I understand your concern though.
  9. Ahaha, I know. Maybe I should've put "XD" to emphasize it more?

-looks at username, then the avatar, and back-
    Weird. I thought most people would like to keep stuff like that secret. Oh well, it's your choice.

Don't you just hate it when people mispronounce the easiest things wrong? It irks me for some reason.
  10. I am not going to kidnap anyone, it was a joke. And yes, my username is my actual name.
  11. ! Don't you dare! It's against the law and ... blah blah blah. Unless you're serious, then ask friends around for a favor I suppose. I'm going to stay at home, giving out candy. I'm even thinking of dressing up this year. Do I still have the hat?

Oh yeah, I always wondered. Is your username your real name by any chance?
  12. I am not quite sure how something becomes a classic. I guess write something, publish it, and then distribute, distribute, distribute. If enough people read the book, then it will become famous. If it stays in people's minds for a while, then it will be a classic. Or probably nowadays, get a movie about it. The Harry Potter series and The Notebook will probably become classics in about 50-60 years.

Halloween. I am 24 now, so Trick or Treat-ing is pretty much out, unless I kidnap some five-year-old. Last year for work, I dressed up for my route. It was extremely difficult, because they wind was blowing. Not the best day to dress up as a wizard. I think I will just go as a bicyclist if anything. Since I live in the woods, giving out candy is not an option either, unless I want to just pig out. What about you? Any spooky things on your Halloween to-do list?
  13. If you're going to watch up, I suggest that you rather read the manga. It just seems to brush by quicker that way.

Yeah, there are many different versions of the classics. How does a piece of literature become a classic anyhow? I always wondered.

Kindergarten, that's amazing on my part. Our school didn't start learning French until 2-3 years after. And I still don't understand all the verb tenses and rules. Gah!! I still remember that rather retarded song my grade 5 teacher sang to us to get the class to remember the "etre" verbs. Ugh.

Are you doing anything for Halloween?
  14. My Mom read "Christmas Carol" to me when I was young, but I never actually read it myself. I did read the Disney cartoon book of it with Scrooge McDuck, and I only saw the Jim Carrey movie a few months ago (Christmas in July type of thing).

I went to Elementary (Primary) school in Arizona, and both Spanish were taught starting at Kindergarten. When my family moved to Ohio, Spanish wasn't a big deal. In order to Graduate with Honors in Ohio, you have to have at least one year of a foreign language. And since our school only offered Spanish, I had to be bored re-learning stuff I already knew.

I wouldn't know about Europe. From what I've seen on TV, the British tend to learn French, but that could just be the television portayal of life there.

You just need to find what you are good at and run with it. Find a career that accentuates your strengths. And above all, do something fun. No one likes to work, but if it's fun to do, it doesn't seem like actual work.

As far as Ninja goes, I meant you slipped that User Note in on me. All silent and sneaky. And I have only seen less than ten episodes of Naruto. It was Naruto Shippuden, and it aired late at night here. And then the trouble was finding the channel actually airing the episodes in order. I want to one day watch all of the anime that I have missed. When I get done with all of the catching up, there will be a whole new batch of stuff to watch.
  15. Whenever I think of Charles Dickens I think of his Christmas Carol novel ... I loathed that book, made the main character look a bit crazy in the beginning. Well not really but I never liked gloomy type of books. I liked Austen's Pride and Prejudice though.

Awsome! I never knew anyone with such a passion. Ehh, it would be nice if I developed my own at something as well. I envy you. It's weird though. In Canada we're sort of made to learn French. And in America I heard you guys learn Spanish. I wonder what the guys in Europe over there are required to know.

Ninja!!
    Naruto is too long. I mean, who will watch over 300 episodes? And apparently that's just the first season!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 25
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast