Conversation Between Xithor and Zargabaath

19 Visitor Messages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Patrick Warburton as Steiner?!?!?! The guy who is Joe Swanson from Family Guy. Who is BROCK SAMSON in Venture Bros!!!! David Puddy in Seinfield - Devils, Devils!!!!!!

Warburton is way too cool to be Steiner.
  2. I was surprised as well that Pelfrey wasn't selected but I'm not too big of the All-Star Game nowadays. It is not so much an All-Star game as it is "Best players from Each Team" Game. Back in the day the big All-Stars (like Mays or Mantle) would play the majority of the game - not switch out players every few innings. And finally I loath that the All-Star Game decides which league has home field advantage in the World Series; if I was on a team that was poised for the playoffs I would want my whole team out there that - it is just ridiculous. The best record should be the deciding factor.

Compared to last year there are more people who are hitting for power or at least more dangerous players - Wright, Francouer, Barajas, Davis, plus Bay. Why last year with how Wright did is not relevant to Bay this year is because last year all we had was Wright. There was nobody else who was hitting for power; Delgado and Beltran were on the DL for a majority of the season.
  3. Yea Bay hasn't had a strong first half this year but I think it's just about getting adjusted to playing in Citi Field, I mean he was playing in Boston last season with the short porch over the monster for righties. But giving Bay the benefit of the doubt David Wright struggled with his power numbers last year as well with the transition to Citi Field so I hope Bay gets acclimated soon.

No comment on Pelfrey not being an All-Star? Lol
  4. I'd rather have Pagan in left, Beltran in center - if he does marginally well, and Francouer in right. Bay has been a bust; Pagan is doing better than him. Francouer has the greatest arm in the Mets outfield and Beltran we'll have to see but his rehab stats are pretty good.

To be fair: Beltran's first year with the Mets he didn't do well. I knew before the Mets signed Bay that even if we did get him I wasn't expecting a lot of HR from him - at least at Citi because that place is most definitely a pitcher's park.
Showing Visitor Messages 16 to 19 of 19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2