Conversation Between Omega Weapon and Fate

19 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Have you seen their cover of With Or Without You? That song is one of U2's most popular songs. They took it to a whole new level!
    YouTube - We Are The Fallen - With Or Without You (U2 MASHUP MONDAYS COVER!!!)
    No offense to Amy, but compared to Carly, she's a disaster when she sings live...
  2. Haha. I totally agree. It's by far one of my all-time favorites by them. It's just perfect! Awesome guitar work (Love the solo!), excellent bass lines (Marty is the man!), and Carly's voice is just so damn awesome!
  3. OMG, I guess I didn't listen too thoroughly to St. John when you first linked me, but after listening to it again, I just keep having it on repeat. xD Four minutes passes by so quickly, and the song is just incredibly well done, isn't it?
  4. Well, but aside from Origin and Anywhere But Home, Evanescence has only really had two true (studio) albums, so if you love one but hate the other...well, that's only half and half, right? =P I'm anxious to see what Amy has in store for the next studio album. I really liked some of their more lesser-known songs, though, like Before the Dawn and October. Though, I admit Amy's only mediocre at best live; studio is where her voice is angelic.

Oh, me, too! =D I just can't stop listening to Burn and Bury Me Alive, especially. And I know live and studio sound a lot different, but I've heard David Cook and David Archuleta sings on albums, and I'm left wondering why the hell Carly didn't win?! =O

I'll wait to see if someone else is gonna get it so I can rip it off of them. x3 The replacement thing is just amazing.
  5. Haha. Personally, I lost hope in Amy long time ago. The Open Door was one of those albums that I really tried to like, but I obviously couldn't take it. You are absolutely right! I'm not looking forward to their upcoming CD, I'll buy it when it comes out though. Being one of those who were disappointed by The Open Door doesn't I should avoid their upcoming album. It's always nice to bands/musicians you loved in the past another chance to show you that they deserve the love they once had.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the hell out of We Are The Fallen. This band has everything I wanted Evanescence to remain. Carly is truly the best female singer I've ever listened. Go Carly! <3

6. It seems strange to me that a song so personal would be written by two other people besides Amy, but I do recall seeing Moody/Hodges for a lot of the songs. And for Evanescence's new studio album in Autumn 2010, I'm waiting to hear how that's going to be like. I heard that Amy is trying some new style or whatnot to show that she can do more than just one same thing. Though, I'm guessing you're not as hyped about that? =P
    It's really easy to use, plus it has a lot of the good features. ^_^ Although, have you seen CS5? It's...incredible. =O
  7. Not really sure about Hello to be honest. I know for sure that Amy wrote that song about her little sister dying when Amy was three. But it says here in the booklet the Hello was written by Lee, Moody and a guy named Hodges.
    And yeah. Photoshop 7 rocks!
  8. Covers always seem strange to me, but I totally agree with you there. Amy even said that My Immortal is Ben Moody's song, I remember. He should be able to do what we wants with his songs. =) (Although, the allusion to Fallen doesn't help. ^_^" Plus I think Carly once performed Bring Me To Life on Idol.) By the way, when you say ALL songs on Fallen are Ben's, does that mean Hello is, too?

Oh, and forgot to mention, but I use PS7, too. ^.^
  9. You know, We Are The Fallen is Ben Moody's idea, and vision. Now I know some people are gonna say that We Are The Fallen is nothing but an Evanescence cover band. Well, Ben wrote ALL the songs that appeared on Fallen; thus he has the right to play his own songs with anyone he wants. Agree with me?
  10. Haha. Thanks.
    Personally, I use Photoshop 7.0 which, I think, is by far the best version I've ever used. I've been using it for nearly seven years now.

Never been a fan of Photoshop CS 1, 2, 3, you name it. I just feel more comfortable with Photoshop 7.0.

Lithium is the only song I like from The Open Door. It somehow reminds me of My Immortal mixed with Bring Me To Life.

You're welcome! We Are The Fallen may sound very similar to Evanescence for an obvious reason. But still, having two bands instead of one is a blessing.
  11. I love that about your banners, though. Like, I'd never, ever imagine how a font like, say, Times New Roman, would be used in a banner without it looking "ugly." But you make it so stand-out-ish. =S

Well, if you be optimistic and look the other way, then using an old banner that you made gives you hope to rebuild them. You look at them and see what you accomplished then; it's not that you don't have skill, you just can't find it again. That's different from people who don't even know how to use Photoshop and look at a banner and say, "I'm gonna make that because I want to." You, on the other hand, are going to make one because you can--you have. Clichéd, I know, but totally true in my mind. =3

Wow, that's impressive! Which version do you use?

Haha, that's ironic since The Open Door was what got me into Evanescence in the first place. Lithium, among other songs on that album, have so much energy, yet the lyrics and the way she sings are still so amazing. I do agree that it's a big shame some of the members are gone now, though.

Oh, my God! =O I listened to all three, and they're amazing--especially Burn! =D Thankies for introducing me~ Her voice is so clear and powerful that I wonder why she didn't win American Idol. Woo, *adds to band list* I'll look up more of their songs. =)
  12. Haha. It's kinda funny that you mentioned that. I'm against using fancy fonts and font effects in general. I tend to keep it simple mostly because I, personally, don't pay attention to what font people use for their sigs.

I was actually thinking of using one of my old sigs. Although I have all the sigs I used before, it just doesn't feel right to use them again. I'm mean, what's gone is gone. Using any of those sigs won't change the fact that I lost my touch. Believe it or not, but every time I look at those sigs, I feel so ****in' hopeless. Haha.

To answer your question, Yes. I made everything from scratch. Every sig I work on usually takes me more than three hours, up to four in many cases.

Speaking of Evanescence, I used to be a HUGE Evanescence. Amy was my sex goddess. I just lost interest in the band after I heard The Open Door. Fallen was a true masterpiece, while The Open Door was far from being good. Not to mention that Amy fired two of her original band members, John and Rocky. That was so wrong on so many levels.

When Amy released Together Again, I decided to give her and her band another chance. I listened to that song over and over again. I just couldn't swallow it. It sounded like any other song from The Open Door...

Just in case you don't know, John, Rocky, Ben Moody, and Marty O'Brien (A well-known bassist) formed a new band called We Are The Fallen, with Carly Smithson from American Idol being the singer. They released their debut album two weeks ago. I WAS BLOWN AWAY! THAT ALBUM IS A TRUE MASTERPIECE! They really captured the element that made Fallen a success in the first place. Carly has an AMAZING voice too. The band immediately became one of my all-time favorites, next to Godsmack, Megadeth and Metallica.

Here are some of their songs:

Without You: YouTube - We Are The Fallen - Without you (High Quality)
    St.John: YouTube - We Are The Fallen - St John
    Burn: YouTube - Burn - We Are The Fallen (lyrics in video)

Happy listening.
  13. Granted, it's not great like the others, one thing I do have to say is that you have a way of making those really ugly, generic fonts fit into the banner, something most people can't do. How come you don't just crop one of the old ones out and use that in your signature instead? Too repetitive? Did you make everything from scratch, though, with only renders, brushes, and effects?

OMG, Evanescence is favorite band! =D I'm sure Amy Lee's unending grace will pull you through it. ^_~
  14. Thanks. . And yes, I've completely lost my touch... Damn look at my current sig! It's by far the worst sig I've EVER made.. And to answer your question, knowledge is useless without the ability to turn it into action. I lost that ability to turn my knowledge into something that can been seen and appreciated by others.

I'm working on recovering my skills, I really am. I even started listening to Evanescence again, that band had a HUGE influence on me back in the day when I knew exactly how to turn my knowledge and ideas into a work of art. Let's just hope everything is back to normal soon.
  15. Oh, my God, those are amazing! =O Honestly, though, you've really lost your touch? That's a shame. =\ Though, knowledge and ability are different, aren't they? There are a few things I could learn from you; that is, if you don't mind. ^_^"

You should keep on recovering your skills, though. To throw it all away is a complete waste, isn't it? After you had all that talent, hmm? =)
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 19
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast