Conversation Between Treize and Yoko

7 Visitor Messages

1. Interesting...

Depends on what I'm looking for. Private Pilot's license (The small planes with the propeller) can be a 6 week course with a few tests and a solo flight. I'm not looking to go commercial (Airliners and bigger planes). That's about 6 months to a year depending on where you go. If you go through a university program, it's 4 years if I recall correctly. I don't think I'm willing to go that far. It mainly a back up plan if things don't work out the way I want them to. I would also do that through the Military so I wouldn't have to pay for it. It's freakishly expensive.

Basically training for something like this, much like anything else; you start off small and work your way up. I don't think I'll be flying the commercial jets. Those things still scare me.
  2. Actually, I go to school full-time and only work part-time (everyday but reduced hours). I'm currently in a Middle Eastern/Arabic program, but I still don't really know where I'm going to end up. I'll probably end up majoring in something else, but I'm not sure what yet. =/

That sounds like a cool goal. I think it would be pretty cool to travel around the world and see different places as a pilot. How long would you say it'd take to become a fully qualified pilot? I have no idea what kind of studying and training goes into that.
  3. I full heatedly agree. I've been off work and school for the past week and a half. I needed the break.

I am. It's a slow process. I'm actually in school for Aviation Management. Not so much doing the pilot training yet. That's still a long ways away. This course is more or less to get my feet wet and into the Aviation Industry right where the jobs are. The pilot training won't come until later. It's another goal on top of the ones I already have. Such is life. Can't go too far without a goal.

Where do you work?
  4. Pretty good. I have a four-day weekend this week, so things are looking good. I don't really have any plans yet, but four consecutive days without working sounds like fun no matter what I end up doing.

It looks like you're studying (or do you say training?) to become a pilot. How's that going?
  5. No worries. It's a good way to break the ice I think.

Things are good. How about you?
  6. Hey. How's it going? Sorry I voted you down in the elimination. You were just so high compared to everyone else.
  7. Hello *Wave*
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7