Conversation Between Martin and Heartless Angel

5 Visitor Messages

1. Oh no need to apologise, I didn't find it offensive at all. All I meant was I'm actually along the same lines - I just don't want to see that have to happen. I understand I probably come off a touch naive but.. I just find it sad if it comes to that. Good day to you sir.
  2. My school system was fine, nobody to my knowledge was armed, and nobody needed to be, I live in a good neighborhood, always have. So it's not a matter of personal experience or fear for my own safety. Arming teacher itself isn't a step down in society, the step down is entering a situation in which we need to seriously consider it a reasonable course of action. Arming law abiding citizens is the treatment, not the disease, beginning treatment just requires one to accept that there is something that needs treating. The world is already stepping down, now it's just a matter of, do we try and ignore it, or acknowledge the issue and try to deal with it? We're all stuck with a world going downhill, whether we respond to it or not, the problem is there. I wish it weren't. If the world weren't in the state it is, I wouldn't need to seriously consider that armed teachers would be a good idea, but unfortunately, I do. I'd rather not be part of a society going down hill like ours is, but I'm here now, all I can do is adapt. If I came across as offensive, I wasn't trying to be. So, my apologies.
  3. I don't have the energy to actually argue in that thread but all I have to say in response to what you said to me is this. You own guns. I do not. It's a cultural difference. I happen to think that arming teachers is a step down to a society that I don't want to be a part of. I went to a different schooling system than you. That's what it comes down to.

I'm fine with your reply, I just thought it was a little heavy handed.
  4. Thank you very much
  5. Happy Birthday!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5