Conversation Between Aerif and Alpha

211 Visitor Messages

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
  1. But I like you Aerif!

It wasn't meant to be a communist theme. Just a red and yellow theme. But I see how you'd reach that conclusion.
  2. I'm 19 and I can't handle you being honest

Loving the communist theme by the way.
  3. They say they're 28. If they're 28, they can handle me being honest; I only talk to people I like. If they're lying about their age, it's not my fault.

And yeah that's Hillary. I wasn't going to post anymore than that, originally. But my stats assignment is really boring.

EDIT: Did you delete them? *shakes fist*
  4. I saw you abusing that poor child. Let's see how you like it.

I don't know why but I'm getting the feeling that that's Hillary Clinton. I'm not good with faces.
  5. Nah in real life they start as credible alternatives to the Old Left, and then betray their voting base and switch to the Dark Side.
  6. My grammar is truly excellent. So I fixeded it.
  7. ...what? I think your middle sentence is missing a few words haha.

I saw V for Vendetta at the cinema when it came out. Cool movie.
  8. Speaking of liberal hippy bitch-ness, last night I saw V for Vendetta for the first time on BBC3.

The only thing I seem to be reading is that the film is a liberal-hippy-bitch film (I'm paraphrasing), but the thing that made me smile the most about that film is that the antagonists started as Conservative MPs.

Just like in real life
  9. Hm... David Cameron doesn't seem the type to like watching commoner sports such as rugby, maybe if it was the polo world cup or the croquet championships.

He's just a man-whore is all.

And the idea of the collection basket does make me giggle, I can imagine the queen putting in a 10 pence piece; but then, royalty doesn't carry money, and I have a feeling not many people will be able to donate physical cash. They may get lucky and have a basket full of cheques.
  10. John Key to meet the Queen and UK PM | Stuff.co.nz

"[John Key] is the only Prime Minister to have dinner with Cameron, who will host him at No. 10 Downing Street tonight. Key will return the honour with an invite to the Rugby World Cup final."

...Reckon Cameron just wanted a ticket?

EDIT: Haha, just bothered to read the rest of it: "Money taken at the collection [during the Royal Wedding] will be donated to the Christchurch earthquake appeal."

That's nice, but does the image of a collection basket being passed around the Windsors, the Spencers, the Middletons, the foreign dignitaries, the celebrities and Anglican Church high clergy just seem really funny?
  11. Edinburgh junkies make good spokes-people.
  12. It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the ****ing Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONISED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonised BY. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any ****ing difference!
  13. It's strange how that works, since most people don't know about the Scottish Parliament at all.

It's quite a recent addition to the country, only being established in the late 90s, and it deals with devolved matters. Scotland and England/Wales have always had different laws and legal systems so it makes sense in a way.

Westminster makes the big laws, and has control over the millitary and economics for the most part and several other things that I can't remember. Outside of this, the Scottish Parliament is free to make laws on whatever it feels like.

For instance, the public smoking ban which prevented smoking in any area deemed 50% enclosed was introduced in Scotland in 2006 by the Scottish Parliament, after this an act was passed in Westminster to declare the same for the entirety of the UK.

The easiest way to think of it is to compare the UK to the US. Each state in America can make their own laws but not breach the laws set out by Washington D.C. and there are a number of restrictions to compliment that.

The Scottish Parliament as a devolved government works in a similar manner, as does the Welsh Assembly.

The smoking ban and the abolition of tuition fees have probably been the best works of the Scottish Parliament.
  14. I'd assume poorly?

I've been meaning to ask you about the Scottish Parliament. How does it work, what are its functions and responsibilities? If the non-Scottish world often thinks UK = England, they can hardly be blamed given that's how it appears to be framed.
  15. That's great news for Germany. At least the Germans got the chance, in the last general election for the UK, I couldn't even vote Green since there wasn't a candidate.

I didn't know it was election year in NZ but at least with proportional representation, it won't be all terrible.

Interestingly enough Scottish Parliament elections are on the 5th of May. It'll definetly be interesting to see how the Liberal Democrats do.
Showing Visitor Messages 121 to 135 of 211
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast