Conversation Between Aerif and Alpha

211 Visitor Messages

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
  1. I think the fact that the default view on profile pages is the Activity thing is to the detriment of people writing VMs. Just an observation.
  2. Oh your right.

I feel ashamed, I had access to the testing forum and had full moderator powers there and never found the feature.

Irony.
  3. Est-ce que tu n'ai pas encore trouvé le 'Settings > Moderation > New Items' chose ? Aussi, écrivent en français sera toujours perturber la traque, heh heh.
  4. Stalking is still quite easy.

Not so much with user groups though.
  5. ALPHA
    [letters]
  6. AERIF

[additional characters]
  7. In the strangest coincidence ever I checked the TFF calendar and found it was your birthday through it.

Happy Birthday!
  8. A revelation about my account. Not that there's much to be revealed - I am after all a perfectly normal user.
  9. What the hell did those smiley faces replace?
  10. Ah ha.
  11. Look at these smiley faces, they are relative to the current conversation:

12. What can't you do on your account?

I'll pull some strings, though I inagine I won't need to pull very hard.
  13. Did you ever abuse your powers of seeing social groups and see a topic that you found interesting and became interested in becoming a member solely so that you could participate in the very interesting discussion, interestingly?

Because I haven't. Not ever.
  14. Despite the historical significance it would perhaps not be the best way to assert independence, also the fact that this hypothetical flag change is coming because the flag of the UK is redundant - you don't want to be seen to be tying yourself to the cross of St. George and subsequently 'almighty England'.

I really like that Hundertwasser flag. It doesn't closely resemble any other flag and it is a nice neutral colour which doesn't make the country look like a dictatorship (for some reason, the more red and black a flag has, the more evil it looks - except Germany/Belgium).

In response to your question:

Non, rien. Je ne pense pas que j'ai appris quelque chose.
  15. Well, the Flag of the United Tribes has huge historical significance, and despite having a St George Cross, was actually chosen by Maori.

Poached information about the Flad of the United Tribes:

On 20 March 1834, 25 chiefs from the Far North and their followers gathered at Waitangi to choose a flag to represent New Zealand. The 'Flag of the United Tribes' was chosen as the flag and declared by James Busby to be the national flag of New Zealand. King William IV approved the flag, and a drawing of it was circulated through Admiralty with instructions to recognise it as New Zealand's flag. It became known as the Flag of the United Tribes of New Zealand in recognition of the title used by the same chiefs when they met again at Waitangi to sign the Declaration of Independence in 1835.

The flag has the red cross of St.George on a white background, with a smaller red St.George's cross in the top left hand corner on a blue background. The smaller cross had a wide black border and a white eight-pointed star featured in each of the blue quarters. The actual gazetted flag had the eight-pointed stars replaced with five-pointed stars and the black fimbriation returned to white. A further gazetted version had six-pointed stars. A still further variant was adopted as the house flag by Shaw, Savill and Albion, the shipping company. This version omitted the white fimbriation.

Our preference is for the original Flag of the United Tribes with the eight-pointed stars and black fimbriation - as a historical flag some people argue it has more relevance and distinction than the current blue ensign. While it is a traditional flag in its design it has huge historical relevance in the uniting of the Confederation of Chiefs, first in the flag and, then the following year in the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Of the colours, red has a strong basis in Maori symbolism yet forms the St.George cross, and the black fimbriation is very unusual in heraldry.

This is a popular suggestion:

As is this, the tino rangatiratanga flag (c. 1990), although is heavily politicised and often used to signify Maori self-determination (some would say separatism).

Also, how is Tunisia? Est-ce que tu apprends beaucoup de français ?
Showing Visitor Messages 16 to 30 of 211
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast