Conversation Between Aerif and Storm

39 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Aye, it's a cute little town, with unfortunatly high house prices since it's near the coast.
  2. That's a stroke of luck. I wish you all the best in your search for a career!

*GOOGLE MAPS* Holy crumbs, Ringwood is tiny and expensive looking!
  3. Aye looks like it! Bath is quite nice- I could probably live there if I were to get a job there.

Strangely there's a web company in Ringwood who seem interested, so hopefully I'll be able to work there. I tried to pop in yesterday but they were closed.
  4. Killing two birds with one stone would mean getting a job in Scotland!

Although I think any career you pursue with your qualification will likely end up in a city. Looks like you'll be a commuter!
  5. Ah, I'm small town folk (but not in the incestuous way), so I'm used to friendly people and peace and quiet! Even when I'm up in Chippenham, I miss Ringwood, the New Forest and the Dorset Coast. I'm in no way a city person- unless its for visits.

I still would like to go to Scotland someday. I think now that I've braved London on my own, I can do anything! All I need is the money... I hope getting a job won't be too hard!
  6. I think I'd love London if it were cheaper and the people were nicer. I could even stand the overly-crowded tubes if the people where nicer.

I love cities since I grew up in a rather spread-out town, just having everything so close toghether is just fascinating. My Uni is in the biggest city in Scotland, which is probably another reason I miss going, haha.
  7. Yeah, those are the other reasons. I really hate bad manners. It's quite sad when people know you're an outsider because you're polite. I got the odd nasty look from people as I was carrying a suitcase on the trains. I'm sorry, I cannot drive, I'm taking 2 trips, and there is nothing wrong about it! It's also far too noisy for me too.
  8. Farming Londoners? Hehe. I'm surprised anyone can take East Londoners seriously what with Eastenders.

Are young chavs unique to London? That sounds strange since the whole delinquent thing seems to be hereditary.

London's too expensive to live in anyway, not to mention the fact that London is the meanest city I've ever visited. Everyone seems so rude, Tube rides during rush-hour are strangely silent, and apologies when colliding with people are a myth.
  9. Urgh, I don't blame you for missing uni- I wouldn't be able to cope in a town/city where 60% of the population is a proper chav. I thought Chippenham (where I am studying) was bad, but thankfully its not that bad. Wiltshire chavs are quite funny though- as they're trying the whole East London thing, but they still have farmer accents coming through! It makes them a little funnier than being completely intimidating.

Although on the Friday meeting before the expo in London, a goup of at least 20 ten-year old chavs started giving people grief. They were too young for us to be able to do anything about them. Even the Police were sided towards them as they were kids! One of the reasons I could never live in London.
  10. I had no pity for the woman who kept housing the homeless. She would've been an inspiring person had it not been for the fact that she had no problem letting her 15 year old daughter sleep with a 20 year old boy, whilst she and her youngest were in the house.

But yeah, that's basically my town, although of course there are exceptions. However I'm not exaggerating when I say that about 60% of the people you meet in the street probably will fill all of the stereotypes.
  11. Oh yeah, I forgot you Scots finish much earlier than us! Yeah I shall be graduating this year. Next week is the final week so it's a bit of an assignment rush at the moment.

Bloody chavs/neds! Thankfully it's not too bad in my hometown- I'm escaping them by coming back down here. Oh yes, I watched the video you linked me the other day. It did fuel some anger. In areas I felt sorry for some of the people, especially that woman who was letting people into her house but it was kind of her fault for being too kind and trusting! Swearing infront of a young child though, that angered me. And other stuff.
  12. I've been finished for the summer since the 7th of May *sob*.

I miss Uni so much, it's just full of... normal people. Well not exactly normal, but normal as in you wouldn't be surprised if they were on TFF. It's a refreshing change when you're surrounded by NEDs and what-not.

Are you graduating this year? I get so confused what with the years thing. I'm still in High School mode.
  13. Aerif!

How are things? Are you finished for the summer?
  14. Rawr!
    Cheers for the message, and aye, now I can do everything (and have been able to for 2 years now), there should be more to do. Maybe I should demature a bit. I am thinking that a bath of custard may be interesting!
  15. Thats cool, and yeah I know what you mean about exams, I had an assainment rush a few weeks ago. Now I have to hang around to give some stupid presentation next week then i'm home free. And soon to be going to Download festival. W00t!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 39
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast