Conversation Between Rhaps and Michael Swayne

13 Visitor Messages

1. Your right about the banks in my area. We have two in town and both are tiny compared to those in bigger places. But when people use the coins and then get short-changed because store clerks think they are quarters, the public reverts back to paper currency to not have to deal with that problem. And even collectors are a rare breed in this area. People are wary of banks nowadays, preferring to stick it in mattresses or bury them in Mason jars (I'm not kidding). This is the first time in a long time that I have actually had money that has lasted longer than the 2-5 minutes it takes for me to go from the store where I cash my paycheck to the post office where I pay my bills. If things keep up though, I will definitely start getting more coins for personal use.
  2. Well, perhaps it's just the banks in your area, but there's a dollar coin overload in banks across the nation. I mean, if we could get that nice sum of money circulating again, it'd be like a little pick-me-up for the economy, I usually try to get at least $30 in the coins at each paycheck to at least do something for it.
    I can totally agree for collection purposes, however, and mail-ordering the rare ones makes life easier.
  3. I'm not too fond of the coins myself, but my mother is. I use a mail order company for all my stamp collecting, and they also do business in sending the coins to those willing to pay. Mom is a numismatist, and she thought it would also be a good learning experience for us kids. She did with those state quarters in the last decade, and now has the Presidential Dollar coins.

When Mom left, she said that I didn't have to continue the service if I didn't want to. But I like the stamps, and I am already 20+ Presidents/First Ladies in. I may as well stick it out until I get the rest of them.

It beats having to go to the bank and begging them to search the vaults for them. And the bank doesn't do anything for my stamp collection. I can't get 100+ year old stamps just anywhere.
  4. I was about to harp on you about keeping Dollar Coins, but if it's presidential and for a collection, that's a completely different story haha.
    Gosh, reading your entries makes me want to play both GTA: SA and FFVII again, but I've no way to do it. Oh well.
  5. Cid's funny, and his text boxes have some very colorful language. I guess when you get to be his age, he earn the right to talk like that. Anyway, he is only one level above the others (except stupid Cloud of course).
  6. Cid is my favourite character. I hope you get to use him soon
  7. I am still on Disc 1. I parked the buggy at the beach where I will grind a bit before heading to Cosmo Canyon. The last time I got to this point I was a bit underleveled, so I am making some precautions this time around.

And I'll have to watch a LP of Crisis Core on YouTube. I know a bit about it, but not enough to say that I have ruined anything for myself.
  8. So how is FFVII going?
    Also, be sure to play Crisis Core afterwards. I don't know if you know the spoilers yet, but even if you do, give it a shot.
  9. Haha! It must be a conspiracy. I have finished the first disc once, but currently I am outside of Kalm, getting ready for the long flashback sequence about Sephiroth, Cloud and the adventure in Nibelheim.
  10. I was just making it sure it wasn't me. And it isn't.
  11. His name is Chris lol not sure how much info he'd like me letting out into the interwebz
  12. Do you mind me asking who?
  13. Your picture looks like a good friend of mine lol
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 13 of 13