Conversation Between Jin and Hyzenthlay

59 Visitor Messages

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
  1. Hello and yes.

My email is [email protected].

Happy... Erm... Hunting? Horaay for cake!=P
  2. The only other request I have is that you allow me to add you on MSN so we can further discuss the joys of nerding it up. And perhaps cake.
  3. That is very true. Next time try to ensure it isn't me that is scolded. Maybe I'll buy some waterproof clothing... And heatproof...

Moonlight Sonata it is, my dear. Any more requests? I've been playing piano since I was a tadpole. Kinda comes naturally now.

Pen and paper RPG's are the way forward. Nerding it up is no sham. It's hot here and I've been sat in all damn day. I can't wait to finish for the summer. Just on emore month to go.
  4. What good is a sense of humour if someone isn't horribly scalded as a result of it?

I think it's awesome that you play piano. Not having any musical talent myself, I've always loved watching those that do; not just listening, but actually watching them play. It's always interesting watching how they feel the music and roll with it, especially on the piano. Just a warning though, play Moonlight Sonata and I'll likely propose to you. That song captivates me; I can't be held responsible for my actions.

As for my day, I actually spent a lovely day in a basement nerding it up with pen and paper RPGs (sans the live action bit). That mostly involves playing 10% of the time, making random inside jokes 30% of the time and bickering about the rules for the rest. But it's something to do.

And fair enough, I owe you one massage.
  5. "Nah, I'm a Kleenex kind of guy. When it's your number one pass time, comfort is important."
    I just spat my tea all down myself when I read that. I hope you know that your awesome sense of humour is responsible for burns to my chest and chin. Shame on you!

Gamma Ray are great. You have to love the Germans for some of the music they have produced. In school I was obsessed with Rammstein. Embarrassingly I first saw them on xXx the film.

I'd kill for a massage round about now. Been slaving over a hot piano all day. Could do with one real bad.

What have you done with your day mister?

Posted it on my page again. I think my brain is broken.
  6. Haha, good job.

I'll eventually get into it (Dexter). Just need the right set of circumstances to come together.

I've never gotten into Pantera, but I do have a thing for Slayer, so long as I'm in the mood for it. Oddly, I have to be in more of a death metal mood for them rather than a thrash metal mood. As far as thrash goes, I've always been a (old) Metallica fan. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't get better than that. And yes, melody is nice. For melody, I recommend checking out some power metal bands like Gamma Ray and Kamelot if you haven't already. They can be kind of corny and repetitive sometimes, but overall, it's good stuff.

I'm sure I could fix your back with one of my world famous massages.
  7. It can take effort to get into a new series. Most of the time I'm like '**** that'. I've done that with Prison Break and The Wire. Dexter is definitely worth a look if you have it. If you don't like it then what have you lost?

Yeah, I like a good deal of the bands you just listed. Recently I've been listening to bands with a lot of melodic chorus' as well. Probably down to the fact that I'm attempting to broaden a few of my students horizons. It's hard to teach piano to somebody that only knows of Beethoven.
    As for metal itself I've recently been listening to a lot of the older stuff. Just because I like getting to know the bands that made the genre. I've been into some Thrash recently, too. In fact Slayer and Pantera have been in my C.D drive for most of this year.

My lord I'm tired. My back is killing me.

I just posted this on my wall. What a tit.
  8. I actually haven't watched Dexter. I'm not sure why. The first 3 seasons are on DVD in my house. Everyone tells me it's awesome and what I've seen of it I did like. I just haven't gotten to it. I'm lazy like that, haha.

I'm totally with you on the rap/R&B dislike. Never could stomach it. As for me, I've been mostly a classic or power metal kind of guy. Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, etc. Within the last few years, however, I've really gotten into Opeth and more recently decided to try and expand upon that. I've been trying out everything from Candlemass and Funeral style doom metal to Paradise Lost and My Dying Bride style gothic metal to Emperor and Dimmu Borgir style symphonic black metal. I've been pleasantly surprised by a lot of it too. I never for the life of me thought I'd ever like anything even close to black metal, but I absolutely adore Emperor. I'm a sucker for atmospheric music. Anything that feels as if it's surrounding me and can give me chills is good in my books. And after much grumbling and complaining, I've finally gotten used to the harsher vocal styles myself, haha.
  9. Have you never watched Dexter? Say it can't be so that you don't like it?

I loved Lost. Watched it right to the end and then even some of the documentaries. I still regard the first series as one of the best things on t.v. I don't watch much of it, either. I mainly stick to programmes with one word titles e.g: Dexter, Lost, Heroes. The exceptions of which are Band of Brothers and the Pacific. I've just realised how un-feminine my taste in t.v is.

As for music; I love it all... Or most at least. I can't stand Rap or R 'n B. I'm a music buff and actually teach it so my taste depends on mucsical talent. Or, what I deem talent. Ha ha. I can see the good side of nearly any type except those two. As for metal... I'm afraid it's my chosen genre. I'm a sucker for quick riffs and barely audible lyrics. Dunno why. I guess that the 'talent' I like most. Ha ha. Some do have amazing lyrics and great tunes, though. What have you been listening to?

Rant... Again.
  10. I for one love a good rant.

In all honesty, I'm not much of a television person. I was a Lost aficionado, but with that over there's not much I watch on TV. Any shows I do watch I usually prefer to just wait for the DVDs/Blu-rays and watch them at my own leisure. Lately I've been re-watching episodes of the IT Crowd, haha. Love that show.

As for what I'm doing to stave off boredom, I've found myself experimenting with music outside of my usual tastes, albeit not too far outside. Mostly some of the more extreme forms of metal. Liked some, hated some others, but it's been fun. Better than pressing F5 on websites hoping for a change at any rate, haha.
  11. I've been in a pretty similar mood if I'm honest. After the last few weeks basking in the glory of retro gaming the charm has worn off. I've been through all the games I can take. That means my spare time has been filled with daytime t.v. The only thing that I can say I'm enjoying is Dexter.

I'm ranting. Ha ha. I'll be quiet.

What do you like on t.v these days? Have you found anything else to fill the days?
  12. I'm doing not so bad, I guess. Been bored lately; in one of those "I don't feel like doing anything" moods. It makes the time crawl by sometimes.

How about yourself?
  13. Well if you're serious then I am very honoured. =D

How are you anyway?
  14. Serious as can be.
Showing Visitor Messages 46 to 59 of 59
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4