Conversation Between Michael Swayne and Rowan

78 Visitor Messages

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Hey Rowan! It's been too long!
  2. Yes, it did. I heard some thunder, so I naturally went to the nearest save point. As it was saving, the power went out. I probably should have just turned it off instead, but I had been working on it for a while. I will start it up again, one day. Right now I am playing FF4 (PS version), and a couple DS games.

Did you ever start Final Fantasy III?
  3. Thats good news about the computer I guess, you'll have it soon enough. Shocked to hear about ffVII, especially after all the effort you put into it. I wouldn't blame you if you never started it up again. Did the power shut off as you were saving the game or something?
  4. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back with you. Unfortunately, Final Fantasy VII has taken a seat on the back burner. The file was corrupted when a storm hit unexpectedly, shutting off the power long enough to aggravate me. So, I have to start all over. As for the computer, I am buying it on Layaway. I only owe $248. If shipping wasn't so expensive it would only be about $150. I am determined to pay it off within the month.
  5. So how's ff7 going , Michael? Have you progressed any furthar since we last spoke? Did you end up purchasing the computer?
  6. Thanks. I appreciate it.
  7. If you just want it for music and internet, then thats the whole package. Go for it. those specs will meet your needs.
  8. Good to know (regarding the Weapons). I save often, perhaps too often; but I will be saving beforehand nonetheless.

I received an offer in the mail for a brand new computer. Here's the specs:

Manufacturer: Dell
    Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core 3.2 GHz
    Monitor: 17" High Resolution Color Monitor (18" Viewable)
    Optical Drive: DVD-RW included
    Speakers: Full Stereo Surround
    Hard Drive: 80 GB
    Memory: 2.0 GB
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7
    Keyboard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse: USB Mouse
    Ports: 5 USB 2.0 Ports
    Price: $289.95 (down from $499.95)

I am really tempted to get it. I wanted to get your opinion on it first. It is in my price range; and as long as it runs and is capable of running the Internet and Spotify, I am happy. I am not much for computer-gaming, so that isn't a big issue. And the picture of it looks nice. So, what do you think?
  9. Definitly save before you attempt to fight weapons. Also, I would hihghly reccomend you get your hp utpo 9999 and a very high level, 99 would be reccomended. Start with Emerald weapon underwater as ruby requires some specific strategy and emerald can sort of be hacked at.
  10. Thanks for the headsup on that computer. My search continues...

As for Final Fantasy VII, I have reached the third disc. In fact, I am saved right at the beginning, so I have the entire disc to play through. I did venture forth and got to the Northern Crater, but didn't do anything. I am going to try my hand at fighting the weapons and mastering some more of my materia.
  11. Hey bud, good to hear from you. Its been a while since we talked.

That computer is junk. Single core 1gb ram and a 40gig hardriver scream 2002. At least a 10 year old machine. Its not the fact that its $50, its the fact that its a very poor machine and its also 'used'. Not even worth $50. One could only imagine how bad the motherboard is. Also doesnt come with a graphics card so forget about playing any games on it unless theyre running through DOS.

After doing some searching, I realise ebay isn't great when it comes to buying machines. The cheapest machines are the ones your build yourself, but if you dont have the know-how then just know that you'll be paying some extra for machines that are already put together. I found this machine

Core i3 2100 Duo 3.1Ghz Gaming 4GB RAM 500GB HDD 1GB GT210 HDMI Desktop Computer | eBay

In terms of price is reasonable. The machine itself would probably meet all of your needs. It has a semi-decent graphics card so you could play modern games, even if the settings had to be on low-medium, they would still run okay with that card.

Hows your progress with final fantasy 7?
  12. Since several people deem you as a computer guru, maybe you can help me out as well. I was randomly searching computers to replace mine, and found this:

GATEWAY E2100 DESKTOP PC COMPUTER TOWER CELERON 2.6GHz 1GB 40GB | eBay

What are your opinions about it?
  13. Haven't seen you on MSN as of late. Hope everything is going well for you!
  14. midgar zolom is an easy opponent if you have Fire equipped with elemental materia in an armor slot. You will absorb his beta attack.
  15. Tifa. Right now, I am going around and collecting the enemy skills for the Materia that don't have as many. The first two have 16 each, the third has six, and the fourth has three. I'm about to go fight the Midgar Zolom again.
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 45 of 78
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast