Conversation Between Gummy and Dodie16

541 Visitor Messages

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
  1. I've been lurking around on the internet since I was 17, so I like to believe I know something when it comes to folks online. But maybe.

Really? You have said so a couple of times, so maybe I should believe it. Thank you. :> Yeah, I guess it might be something to be proud of...I mean I don't think my written English was much better than those "idiots" before. My parents didn't care that much. Me and my mum never got along too well when I was a kid, and my dad was always kind of on the side-lines. Some people just aren't parent material, and I think my parents have an awful lot of issues of their own, so. That's really sweet your mum would do something like get you a tutor, I kinda envy you. :>

Yeah, you know Square. ^^; If they think they can get away with charging as much as other companies do for 2-3 games on one HD collection disc, they will. Just doing their job at the end of the day though, so not exactly whining here, just seems naff. Dissidia...prequel...? I must have missed something. o_o

Girl..you ever taken a good look around DA, I mean a REAL good look? Whatever you think is plain weird, is probably actually pretty normal. If you wanna run stuff by me first, I'll give you an honest opinion if you like. Then again I might not be the best judge, my tolerance for crazy is usually extremely high. Oh, thank you, Dodie. :3 Maybe we both just worry too much. But artists are supposed to be super self-critical types.

Even when I was 14, I didn't get scared by things that would scare most adults, but yeah. Since at least some of it used to get to me, and now I hardly feel a thing? I guess de- sensitized is just what I be. Is that really lucky? Isn't it healthy to be bothered? And being scared is kinda exciting, isn't it? You're the lucky one. :3 Never heard of it, I'll definitely check it out though, thanks. :> Oh yeah, there is one film that I think is ****ing disturbing, but I don't remember the name. Ocean something? Or something Ocean. There was an ocean in the title, anyway.

Anyway, it's good I don't remember the name, because you should NEVER watch that ****ed up shit. It was seriously upsetting. Couldn't finish watching it. Ugh, there was some retard who was also a pedo, and this nuts little girl and they actually kiss several times and it's just no no no no no no no NO! There are other extremely messed up bits like the little girl sitting in the lap of her bloated fathers corpse and all the gas coming out...yeah...the pedo bits are the ones that made me have to look away from the screen in horror though. I don't think I've ever been put off sex for so long as I was after watching that film, and I didn't even watch it all the way through.

Nobody should ever watch that film. Ever.

Ah yeah, I remember that now. Sorry my memory is so ass. :/ Really? Scared by Bioshock? xD Haha..aww...

I did, thank you. <3
  2. Maybe the education isn't the problem, it's just that dumb people have access to communicating with the world (internet), and now we realize just how dumb a person can be? Kind of how some people say that the world is going to crap. Maybe since we're in the information age, we're just more aware of the problems.

Aww... I'm sorry your education experience was lacking... But you do seem smart. :3 And I think it's good that you were able to learn on your own. That takes some brain power and effort, madam. ^^ What about your parents though? Didn't they make sure to check your marks to make sure you were getting a good education? My mom always made sure to check our graded papers, and if we were struggling, she'd get a tutor. I had one for Algebra, because it just wasn't sinking in. ^^; Still hate most math to this day though.

Yeah, I can't really see why FF X should be full price...but you never know. Money is quite the driving force, and as much fandom there is for X, I'm sure SE would love to maximize the profits. They did surprise me with the Dissidia prequel though. Pricing it 10 bucks cheaper than the original, AND having the original storyline in the game with a bit of added stuff as well. They do like to keep me guessing.

Well, that's the thing. I have a hard time distinguishing what's funny and what's just plain weird sometimes....and methinks this falls into the latter. ^^; And your Snake picture was great! NO reason to be nervous about that at all. :3 Using a colored pencil seems to have more dynamic to it that just using graphite, imo.

So you've pretty much been "de-sensitized" to scary stuff for a long time, eh? Lucky...well, maybe. I remember you saying before that you wished stuff like that would affect you. Still, it's pretty good that you were at least a little unnerved by the stuff at the time. Have you ever seen a movie called "Jacob's Ladder"? Apparently, silent hill got some inspiration from that too. It's a good one. Kind of tearjerky though.

I like some horror games. I remember telling you about Amnesia: The Dark Descent a while back, and how freaked out I got about that at times. Can't say there's much else that was just outright scary that I have experience with... I guess Bioshock could count if you squint your eyes...and I do count it because I'm a chicken like that.

No problem~ Hope you got some good sleep~ :3
  3. Ah, you're such a tease it seems. ^^; Yeah, but his text speak wasn't so bad. It's just his English was so bad that it was hard to understand at times, Bear couldn't always understand him either. >_<

I think that education has just become so poor, and some people just don't learn well from the typical way of teaching. Isn't that really sad? Especially in England. If the internet is anything to go by, it seems like American education is improving. The final exams are forever getting easier here, making it easier for teachers to get lazy. It's funny becuase us lot used to have a giggle about the percentage of Americans that can't read, nor write, but it'll probably be a whole revered roles deal in years to come.

Even I learn a lot of what I know know about written English after school...from the internet. xD If you're not learning so fast as the other kinds in your subjects at school you tend to get pushed to the back and ignored, making you get further behind and left feeling stupid. Unfortunately, I was one of those kids who was left to their own devices, that's probably why it's still hard for me to believe people who tell me I'm smart.

If only more teachers actually cared. My heart goes out to all those kids being given a poor education, especially the ones that get left behind.

How...charming. xD Yeah, and like we agreed last night, it doesn't really need it. But it's so so damn cheeky if they only put the one game on the disc (unless it's really cheap).

Awww, silly...does it matter if the idea is good? As long as you have fun doing it, that's what counts, right? <3 I'm sure that if you find it funny, other people will too. Yeah, I know just what those feelings are like, actually had them on the Snake picture I put up recently becuase, even though I was proud of it, it didn't seem that exciting. And I wasn't too sure about the all-green thing being a smart idea either.

Hm, maybe to normal people... ^^; They were 'unnerving' though. I think I was 14 when I got my copy of first one (ohes noes, breaking the law!), there were some bits that freaked me out a little bit back then, but even at that age it wasn't especially scary to me. ^^; The second is the best for sure, with the third being a very close favorite for me. It's just a shame about four, and all the ones made by Americans afterwards. Silent Hill is probably never gonna be a s good again. It seems like the most likely. The internet was poop back then, so American film and television would probably be the best way to go about it.

Originally the monsters in the school resembled children a bit more, a demo was released, and so many mothers complained that they had to change the design. Maybe those little kindergartners from the film were in the game too, huh?

Do you like any horror games? It's a real shame there are no decent ones on the PS3, that's one of the reason why I'll probably buy the SH collection, despite having played those games through a zillion times already. ^^;

Oh yeah, thanks for kinda shoeing me off to bed last night. Like a big sis! :3
  4. Thankies~ ^^

I'm sure in their heyday (and in more ritzy parts of town), they were pretty cool. Time has a way of changing things though.

Haha, I was just kidding. Did he like doing that text speak stuff, and peppering his words with numbers and stuff? Or did he just not communicate well in general? Typing isn't hard... I wonder why so many on the internet have so much trouble with it?

Remake or just a port, fans of X have already soiled themselves either way. I would think with all that SE puts on their plate, they'd go with the simpler option of just porting it and giving it a bit of an HD upgrade.

It's not really something that I'm really keeping secret because I think it's going to be a fantastic surprise or anything... It's just I'm not sure whether it's a good idea or just one I thought was funny at the time and now I've invested too much time into it to just give up. ^^; Ever have those feelings about something? Tele says I'm just being too critical of myself. He is probably right.

I did not. I missed out on ALL those games. Heard they were pants-shittingly scary though, and that 2 was the best. Haha, Kindergarten Cop. There are some pretty striking similarities. I like the one person's theory that the level designers just used it as a template for how schools looked back then.
  5. Aww...well if you ever need to talk. *snugs* You know where I am. I wish you the best with that. <3

That's a bummer, kinda imagined them as big shiny places. ^^;

Heeeeyyyyyyyy! I never liked him very much. It was hard to understand what he was even saying at times. :< Think he checks on me a lot, so he will have noticed by now, ugh.

What's all this jazz about X HD being a remake? Do you buy into that at all? It would be kinda nifty if true, and justify them releasing it solo. :3

Ah, the suspense with you and your fan art!

You ever play the first Silent Hill? Thought this was kind of amusing. Silent Hill 1 contains references to... Kindergarten Cop? - NeoGAF
  6. I have unrealistic expectations sometimes, and when I don't come close to hitting 'em, I get reeeeaaaaally down. It's easy to hide something like that online: Just don't talk about it. I am trying to find the good in everything these days though, so I'm gonna try to not throw out things that are horrible to me at the time.

I think most of the ones I've seen were okay, but places like that have the potential to be shady, I guess. Kids with limited funds playing games...some creepy creeperton hanging around and possibly luring kids with promises of more quarters for the arcade... >< Maybe I'm just too paranoid.

Aww... And here I thought he was kind of growing on you. Well, good riddance to him. Do you think he'll realize he's been blocked?

Finally, eh? It's not the big project I was doing, but it still took me much longer than anticipated... Glad it looks fine. :3
  7. Haha, yeah, good point, sorry.

You come across as somebody who is fairly calm online. xD But that#s no good...I hope you manage to start keeping the old ones.

I never went in them. They were actually shady places? : <

Oh yeah, all the Street Fighter and Tekken anime/film things are pretty bad. Although, like I said, kinda enjoyed that daft CG film they did recently for Tekken.

You wise woman you. :]

Ah, finally got the nerve to block that weirdo. I looked at his profile yesterday and he'd gotten ICO as well...it seemed like he was starting to try and dupe my collection. There's no way he could have gotten the Dark Souls and Demon's Souls platinum legit though. I feel a bit bad, but it seems I was doing us both a favour... kind of amazing how nuts people can be, isn't it?

Uwoo, you finish that fan art? Its really cute. <3 It really feels like they're walking in the sky too, great job! <3
  8. If I knew, I would have looked there a long time ago.

WIP = Work in progress, and I chucked 'em because either I didn't feel up to finishing them or I just grew to hate the works. I am moody like that sometimes. I haven't thrown out very much here lately though.

Yeah, methinks arcades are a time long forgotten. Probably a good thing too. Never know who hangs out at places like that.

Haven't really played Street Fighter, I just know them better. Used to watch a Street Fighter anime back when my access to such things was very limited and I took what I could get. ^^; Watching it now, it's pretty bad. It's called Street Fighter V if you're curious, btw.

Ah, I like it when a company is personable like that. Makes me feel like I really matter. Still, I don't buy online...no real way to do that, unfortunately... Then again, I guess it's a good thing too, since I've seen a LOT of stuffs that I would happily give money up for to get. Seems like a great way to NOT get in debt if I don't have a way to purchase those things.
  9. Ah yeah, kinda better to get one of those copies with all the dlc, huh? Even if you do gotta wait a while for them to get released.

Yeah, you got a point. Wonder where ya find a guy with strong sense of duty... Wow, cheery.

What are WIP? How come you chucked them out? For space? I kept some stuff...I think? I'm pretty sure I still have one old sketch pad, and one sketch pad that me and a friend filled. We went to art college together, and every day we'd fill another page or so together. ^^ So that sketch pad is too precious to throw away. You should start keeping stuff from now on, never too late to start a collection. :3

Heh, sounds like somebody know their favorite characters well. Arcades are kind of a thing of the past, huh? Still, maybe some people will have something to add. :>

You're the opposite of me, I only own one Street fighter. Loved me some Tekken back in the day though. Shame Tekken turned so bad in the last few. There are some great Street Fighter characters though, kinda tempted to main Juri if she plays nice in that game. <3 What Street Fighters have you played?

Ah, that's good. <3 They're really handy if you're like me and want to import the odd American game (even though they're a Canadian site ). They're fast, reliable, and cheap (your least favourite thing). Plus they're one of the few companies that actually reply on their Facebook. They generally seem like really good guys, so it really sucks that they got hacked.
  10. Ah, no worries. Maybe once the GOTY edition comes out (with all dat DLC included...hopefully), I'll get it. Arkham Asylum had that, so I'm sure it should happen with the sequel.

Old army guy... I dunno. There's a strong sense of duty and then there's rigidly conformitive... Pretty sure most old army dudes would be the latter. And yep. Rufus ShinRa of FF VII. Heh, I just realized nearly all my picks have experience some sort of death in one way or another. ^^;

It's all good. It goes slowly because I can't keep my mind on the task at hand. ^^; I'll get it done eventually though. I've only thrown out a few WIPs before. Still wish I had kept some of my older drawings though. Do you tend to keep stuff like that around? It's a great way to see how much you've improved, and also draw inspiration. I was dumb and just got rid of everything I thought looked bad...which was a lot. ^^;

Nah, not totally interested in it. I just replied to a thing where it asked who my favorite Arkham City villain was. It was a toss up between The Riddler and Ra's al Ghul, but I went with the Ridder. His voice actor was also the voice for Rufus Shinra in Advent Children, but that's not what gave him the edge....or maybe it was? Oh geez. I was talking to Tele last night about arcades. Been ages since I've seen one, much longer since I've actually been to one. Wonder if there's anyone with any fond memories of arcade gaming? That might be a good thread topic...if I get the gumption to actually make it. xD

Well, it's good that they're offering so much diversity. :3 But yeah, I hear ya, but since I don't know Tekken at all, I'd probably stick mostly with Street Fighter cast.

Never heard of 'em...much less likely that I have an account. But sucks that they got hacked. Stupid hackers. Why dont' they do something CONSTRUCTIVE with their time?
  11. Aww...sorry you never got a copy. :<

I, uh...never got that far. ^^; The talking drove me nuts becuase they just would NOT shut up on the start of that game, then the camera was rubbish. But gonna give the HD version a go at some point since its the version without the stupid camera. I guess Sony probably set a minimum amount to stop developers making trophy sets of five and things like that.

Let's hope not. We want Wiki forever!

The strong sense of duty? ^^; Maybe you'd like an old army guy for a boyfriend. Rufus? FF7 Rufus?

Aww...thank you...that means a lot to me. <3 Ah, sorry it goes slowly for you. :| Darn, I never even noticed my account god upgraded. ^^;

You at all interested in the Guinness World Records Gamer’s Edition 2012? Think I saw it mentioned on your Facebook. Kinda tempted by it, but at the same time those always seemed like a waste of money. ^^; Imagine being in one? It would be pretty awesome. Guess you probably would have to play in arcades/public and online to be noticed though.

Aw man, they announced more Street Fighter x Tekken characters. How are you supposed to pick a team with such a great roster? This is tougher than Marvel vs Capcom 3 was. xD

Oh yeah, VideoGamesPlus.ca got hacked, so if you got an account with them you'll need to change your password.
  12. Ah, I getcha now. And Arkham City was completely amazing. ^^ Only I haven't gotten an actual copy yet. Finally just said "FINE!" and watched the rest of it online... ^^; Still made for one hell of an experience though.

Well, Naked Snake looks straight at it to clue you in on what to do with it. Sort of one of those tutorial things. You still have the option not doing it though. I wonder what exactly determines how many trophies a game will have?

Yeah. And if that SOPA crap passes, it could be a permanent thing. I doubt it will though.

It's the hair...and the face, the body, and the strong sense of duty... :3 Srsly, that guy was imprisoned for two year, and when he gets free, he's all like "Welp, back to what I was doing before!" and aids Dalmasca even though the people hate him there. My list goes like this: Sephiroth, Rufus, Auron, Basch, and Al-Cid Margrace. :3 That list isn't really in any order either. I wub dem dudes. <3

No problem. ^^ I hear ya about backgrounds. What a pain, but man do they really add to a picture if they're done well. You have a real talent for it too. Art for me is going slooowwwwly. Can't seem to really get with it. I have been working though. Should have something up...soonish? Dunno. I'm fickle like that. ^^; Today, all dA members got access to premium accounts. I didn't really take advantage of it though. Didn't see any features that particularly stood out to me.
  13. Sorry, if I confused you there. The nattering was in an event scene. Did Arrrrrrkham city live up to your expectations in the end? :>

Haha, will have to remember that about the nest! The poor bastards. xD Could be? Atelier Totori had one for getting the 'bad ending' and that had a really small trophy count.

First time I wanted to look at Wiki in a while and it was yesterday. Guess we got the same kinda luck.

Aaah, I'm still learning about you, see? x3 Yeah? Gotta be the hair! So what is your list of top five Final Fantasy fellas?

Wow, Auron too? xD Wonder if he'll make your top five...

Lemme reply to you from DA on here ~ thank you! You give the best compliments on art. Most people are all "awesome!" which is great and all, but words like yours stand out more. :3 Usually I skip the backgrounds, so I was proud of myself for bothering and it seemed to turn out nice, so extra happy to get a compliment on the background specifically, thank you. <3 Me been practicing pretty regular the last few weeks. How is ze arts going for you? Hehe, it's pretty awesome to have found an art buddy AND an exercise one. Not that we can do those things together, but you know what I mean.
  14. Oh, peacewalker has funny guards too? Arkham City had the same thing. Makes you just wanna sit there and hear all the goofy stuff they have to say, all while the hostages are still being held captive.

Seems the MGS games have a lot of things you can do to mess with the enemies. Probably one of the reasons it's so enjoyable. >:3 I remember sometime in the beginning of 3 how you can knock down a hornet's nest, and have them attack the guards to clear the path of the narrow bridge. Good stuff. xD And I have no idea about the "fail trophies". Maybe just something to get the count up?

It's all good. Pretzels were still pretty satisfying. And thanks for the link. Haha, ye olde wiki was down all day yesterday, and of course when it was I thought of a million things I could have looked up.

It's not that bad, though it is pretty wasteful of your LP if you're not fighting a whole lot. "Found another fella"? Honey, I've had a thing for Basch ever since I first saw him in XII. :3 He's definitely in my top 5 favorite FF men. As for his bro, he's cool, but doesn't really do the same for me as Basch does...even though they're twins. ^^;

Oh, yeah. The Versus stuff is amazing to hear about. ANYTHING at this point is good. Can't wait for that one. And I'm still on the fence about X HD. Although if I see some yummy Auron pics, it might be enough to convince me. :3
  15. Wow...xD That is one cheeky ass game!

Worst is when you miss some lines. Was trying to enjoy an event in Peacewalker yesterday when it hits ya with a whole bunch of buttons to be pressed in a row whilst they're still nattering. :| Damn...whoever thought they were a good idea in the first place? *slaps that person*

Thank you, thank you. It was some poor dude one a bridge a good distance away too. He definitely never saw it coming. xD The trophy icon was pretty good too. Oh yeah, those are kinda "bleh" trophies should either add to the experience (like the funny ones), or be a reward for doing well. Why would it reward you for doing bad? ^^;

Hahaha, sorry. Let's have Wiki solve the issue ~ Biscuit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Aww...sorry there were no cookies. :<

Was it really bad? Could never understand peoples bitching over the License board. It never seemed all that exciting, but there was nothing terribly wrong with it either. I should probably play it again now I'm all old and extra critical. Ah, we've found another fella for Dodie? He's a bit younger than most of them. So you're into his brother too?

That's probably asking too much. Oh well, everything seems better when done with the right person. <3 That would be ace if they totally re-do Blitzball to make it not-shit though. Hm, yeah....wasn't sure if you'd be interested in the Versus and X HD stuff too though.

Sooo, you might get X HD?
Showing Visitor Messages 151 to 165 of 541
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast