View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Pumpkin Breakfasts

So thought I'd share a couple pumpkin-y breakfasts with you. I'm going to New Orleans this weekend to play some meowsic and I'm very excited. My waist-size is less excited, but I can't wait to fill my tum tum with delicious red beans and crawfish. Anyway, I wanted to post something before I went on that trip.

I wish I could say that I cut up a pumpkin, baked it, and puréed it, but I didn't feel like it this week. I imagine I'll be doing that next week for Halloween and then again ...
  2. Pumpkin Chili

Haaayyyy

Pumpkin chilaaaayyyy

So it's getting colder around here (finally), and I wanted to make more soup this Sunday. It's been nice having it feel like fall (though I'm sure it'll be back in the 80F range by Wednesday) and I've been doing all that I can to celebrate my favorite season. I put up some tiny orange pumpkin lights on the balcony and made hot cocoa on the stove (almond milk, cocoa, stevia, cinnamon, and cardamom) to drink under my lights while I read a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Like apple pie

Exactly like. Is.

So last Friday, my manager/the cook was like "Hey, you want some apples?" And I was like "the hell you talking about, B?" And he was like "These are spotty as **** and we're not gonna sell em, so take some home." Dude already had a damn CASE of them he was carrying out to his car. He left me a bag of like 20 apples. TWENTY APPLES.

What am I gonna do with twenty damn apples?

Well this morning, I cut one up ...

Updated 09-19-2012 at 08:20 PM by OceanEyes28

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Jitters Creepers

I have a show tonight, and I'm actually butterflies-in-stomach nervous. I can't tell if that's over the show or having to park downtown (uugghh). Or the idea that I might blow ass on stage (I feel fine, but I'm still having issues hahaha). I'm looking forward to it, though, and I think I might see some people I haven't seen in a while.

I forgot to mention this ever, but I have a bit of a situation. I wouldn't call him a stalker, but he for sure has some issues with boundaries. He ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Yes, I'd like to ramble about soup.

WELP I'm pretty excited to get my archived journal posts up in hyaer (here?) seeing as I'm not trying to start over just yet.

Which is applicable to my general outlook right now. Ha ha.

I made a dairy free corn chowder tonight, and it turned out real damn delicious. I pretty much used this recipe: My New Roots: Cashew Corn Chowder with Cilantro Cream

Except I used one yellow onion instead of two (I figured the giant mutant onions I found in the store ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5