View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. All the things

My life right now is fairly exciting. When someone asks me "What's been going on?" I have several things to tell them rather than the usual "Oh, same as always." I have mixed feelings about that. It's thrilling to be in the middle of so much, but the hours that I spend alone doing nothing are some of my most treasured moments these days. I've not gone out much during the week for that reason. Or, really, even on the weekends lately.

My surgery is on Monday. I'll ...

Updated 08-03-2013 at 08:50 AM by OceanEyes28

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Fruit TART

HEY GET A LOAD OF THIS

I made a fruit tart inspired by a thermal pool in Yellowstone. No sugar, just dates. No flour, just nuts. If you want to know how to make it, I blogged about it.

In other news, it looks like my boot camp guy is offering me 7:30AM and 4:30PM classes to teach. That is very exciting. And he's willing to wait until my surgery is over and recovered ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. I am lucky.

Hey! I'm still alive.

Which, really, is a huge privilege. I have come out of feeling bad for myself, and have been more positive lately. Or at least, the times when I do feel sad are more spread out.

I played a show this Friday night, and it went really well. My voice carried, and I had plenty of energy. Sometimes when I'm up there by myself, it's easy to get worn out. But I wasn't alone this time! My father played guitar with me and my mother played bass. They really ...
  4. So about my cervix

I'm still stuck with this thing. I found out while on vacation that my three month check-up pap came back abnormal again. So today, I had another colposcopy/biopsy. You'd think it wouldn't be as big of a deal the second time. Actually, I'm pretty sure it hurt worse. It didn't help that she got into the cervical canal, and then did ANOTHER biopsy further down.... it felt bigger than the last piece she took... it hurt a lot. I felt my legs start to tremble near the end and was afraid I'd start panicking ...
  5. An update and a request

Hello, everyone.

Just wanted to say thank you to those of you who checked up on me and sent friendly thoughts my way. It meant a lot to me, and I'm sorry I didn't wrap this up sooner. I have been preoccupied with other projects, but I'll get to that later. I got my results from the biopsy back, and it came back negative for precancerous cells. Yay! But they aren't sure why I had a positive in the first place, so I have another appointment in June to check up on things. So I'm presumably ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast