Blog Comments

Yeah, I've been meaning to actually get the anime, but it's way too expensive. I really enjoy Rumiko Takahashi, even though she can be quite the tease herself with relationships never going anywhere for hundreds of chapters.

I'll see about that if the mood strikes me. ;p
    I've read and finished the whole series. It was an awesome manga, too bad the anime was canceled after such a good run.

Then feel free to be that way around me. I sure wouldn't mind.
    Yeah, Ranma 1/2 a classic one. I have a volume of the Japanese manga for that, when I can read Japanese better I'll actually read it. ^^; Ah My Goddess comes from the 80s as well, still around too, so you get the whole art evolution over 20 years.

I can be when I want to. ^^
    Saint Seiya, Dr. Slump, and Ranma 1/2 are probably the only works I've read from the 80s. So I got an idea how it feels.

And thanks for understanding. hehe, you tease ;p
    Nothing wrong with old manga. I tend to enjoy the older styles more than the newer ones at times. It is why I like Gundam Unicorn so much, it has the 80s feel to it.

Yeah, I know it is long. That's why I'm just teasing you. They might be short chapters, but it is still a lot to surmount. You'll get to it if and when you feel like it.
    The manga is pretty old, though. But still good

I probably would enjoy it. I just feel discouraged by looking at the length of it x.x
    Yeah, I was pretty it was, but I had to check myself. It had a very Shounen Jump feel to it. But you might be surprised everything that was/is in Shounen Jump. It has a very long history and there's a lot of manga in it.

Well you probably would enjoy Shift then, it's got both. ;p I'm not nudging too hard am I? Hehe. Don't worry about it, I'm just teasing.
    I didn't know Saint Seiya was part of Shounen Jump. Can't call myself a big fan if I didn't know that. hehe

I love comedy above most things, but a great plot is just as good.
    You've read more than just Dragon Ball from Shounen Jump, Saint Seiya is another Shounen Jump series and it falls in line with many of the tropes that making Shounen Jump series popular and pretty familiar. I just name dropped the big four from Shounen Jump, but there's plenty of other series that are just like them.

Yeah, The Inner Man was designed to be a comedy and have a comedic situation. However, I do like anime that can be funny one moment and deadly serious the next. Which is how I modeled The Inner Man. I maintain a pretty good balance through the series, but goes to some extremes in the second half where the comedy gets zanier and the drama gets darker.

But Shift is a deconstruction and a parody of the Shounen Jump style of manga. So I'm often poking fun at things that are played straight in Shounen Jump. The first arc is more parody, while the second arc has turned more deconstruction I feel. It's got the whole darker and edgier thing going on that the first arc did not have as strong.
    Yeah I've only read Dragon Ball so I may/may not know what you're referring to. The Inner man had a lot of comedy, but that was also balanced with those very serious scenes (Mashiro's deep dark secret for one) so it's why it's my favorite among your works.

Yeah, 17 volumes....may take a while.
    It's highly likely that I will do a second season for The Inner Man. It will just be a case of when. Since I'm sort of trying to maintain three series right now, it is not going to happen now. I need to get into a better rhythm with Twin Moon and then I'll actually be good again.
    Yeah, you read Flesh is for Gods more than a year ago, maybe even two years ago. So it has been a while. You ended up going for The Inner Man over Shift after you finished due to it being a comedy, much more so than Shift is. Shift has comedy in it, but it is mostly classic Shounen Jump material, so unless you want to get your Bleach, Naruto, One Piece or Dragonball on, Shift was a bit of a different beast.

Yeah, the re-posting of these things should hopefully make things easier to slowly get back into the stories for people that feel overwhelmed by the material I've done over the years. I'm doing silly things with Shift and making categories to group them together by arcs, sub-arcs and even "binding" them into Volumes, which as of now will go up to Volume 17 if I did it all now.
    Then I wish you good luck, if you ever go for it. I'll be happy if you did.
    Oh yeah, Flesh is For Gods. I think I remember that one. And yeah, if you can do THAT much at once it would look bad. Since you posted Shift on your blog and if you try to space that out as well then that may make it easier for new readers .
    Well it is more of not wanting to overload the blogs with a sudden dump of like 200 posts. That would not really be fair and it will look rather bad. So I plan to space them out and slowly get them up. If I can pick a good pace. I'll try to do like two chapters of Shift and two episodes of The Inner Man. Then after The Inner Man is all up I'll get to putting Flesh is for Gods back up. I'll get Twin Moon up when I've finished the next chapter, which I'm hoping is soon.
    It might take long. But hey, I'd say just do it at your pace.
    Yeah, I know I have a couple of people that want me to make a second season. I've given it some consideration, even when I was ending The Inner Man I left it open to a second season. I never resolve the matters with Mr. Winter and their organization. Plus I teased the new form with Chiko with the implications that the form they used in the final fight was only the first seal release, meaning it gets even more powerful from there.

I've got some ideas for a second season that I've been tossing around for it. I'm thinking about doing some half seasons for the series of only 12 or 13 episodes doing a large arc story. I want to explore more with Chiko growing up in the body and the troubles he has to deal with as the body eventually develops and matures.
    For those that read it on TFF, I'm actually putting up the second edited/draft version rather than the first draft that was previously up. It doesn't really make a lot of difference, but I did clean up more of the mistakes. One of these days I had planned on going back through all of it and fixing everything as well as cleaning up the narrative mess to work better with my current writing style. The Inner Man was very rough and still pretty closely based on my RP writing style, which was heavy dense paragraphs and very little chatter with it mostly being in the mind. I've seen departed from that write style into something that I think flows better. So I'd like to fix this up to make it more readable.

However, current priority is just getting it back up and available again after having been missing for a couple years or more. I also need to get around to getting Shift slow up as well, unfortunately 170+ chapters is going to take some time doing so.
    I, for one, would support even the thought of a second season. If you do it, I'll be your best friend forevah xD
    Yup, stairs Chiko's one weakness. I never do actually explain the reasoning behind it. Even the Doctor ended up sounding a little puzzled by the notion that s/he would be afraid of stairs. I'll have to address it in second season if I get to it.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast