Blog Comments

We'll just have to wait and see! Of course, I could just look for the topic now, but....I don't know. I fear I would never exit out of the screen o_o
    It shouldn't be much surprise that there will be stronger people coming after Yuki. Considering the type of story this is. ^^
    Well there are some surprises that are pretty obvious. There should be other ones that are better surprises. You can look forward to those.
    I can't wait to see what's next, especially now that there are stronger soldiers out there that will inevitably try to kill Yuki. I'm guessing they're all different to some extent?
    I kinda knew who was coming to rescue Yuki, but even the best stories fail to surprise me lately

Great chapter, now I'm off to the next one ^^
    I remember this one. The hostage situation is one of my favorites. Oh, Mashiro xD
    Horray! Um.....someone came to the rescue :3
    In addition to writing Twin Moon over the break, I also wrote another episode for AESIR. It took longer to proof, which is why I'm only now getting it up. But Episode 3 is now available. Considering that Twin Moon is moving into full swing, it is likely that the next time I do another episode will be at the end of the year again, but I do end up covering a lot. It is still funny knowing that I finally finished a single day after three episodes.

A lot of this episode ran with building the relationship between Shizuka and Edgar. They already got their start in the earlier episodes, but this really helps to cement the two of them together. It is important for a number of reasons, someone of which I end up hinting at within the dialogue. They did end up improving some of their relationship with Ed not being totally frustrated with her and by the end, his more bother with his own hesitation rather than her. He ends up making a few turns and changes through the episode, so he got some good development.

Running as a side thread, I cover the Terra Team One exploits in finding a doctor. They are not too complex, but it is mostly to help work out their characters for the reader. There are a bunch of them and they have not been fully established, I still have to work on the others more. But Rinn and Wells at this point have solid work. The next episode will bring in more of the team in together as I get to do some world building for the reader as they do their covert mission.

Shizuka ends up getting a pretty rude awakening. I'm not sure how the reader imagined their reunion might go, but it ends up being anything but healthy or positive. I get to explain how she got out to the village and show her in a couple of different lights with everything. A new level of hard crushing reality hits with her and I will continue to work with the matters of using teenagers. The funny thing is that teenagers are not something that is required, it is just a case of timing. Ansgar is a pilot too and he's 19, just in cause you were wondering, but the trope does sort of demand teenagers.

The team does end up having a little of everything. Someone forced into it, someone tricked into it, someone willingly live it, and someone living it while seeing the cruel reality. While I did not plan it out, Ed had a great moment with Ansgar where I created a perfect nickname for him. I really liked that he called him Ensign Tool, which plays well with Toule his real name and he really is being used a lot, while not liking the situation. He was a difficult one though, because I want him to be likeable and sympathetic to the reader, while still be a hard case. I think I managed to balance it out with him as you can tell he values order and balance, but is still kind and considerate and stuck in an impossible situation.

A standard trope of these ends up being the cruelness of realizing the real adult world through the naive eyes of a teenager/child. So I managed to get to play a little with the common dichotomy between child and adult. I plan to play with it more, especially as the war comes down. I will admit that it is probably going to be a little oddly paced for being mecha.

Enjoy!
    Ok, I'm trying out something with this. I'm reposting my commentary in the comments. Since on the blogs they are separated. Let me know if this is something you would like to see for the other stories as well.

Alright, I've posted up the second episode for AESIR finally. I didn't say anything here, but I promised some of the people that liked this story that I would still do a second episode for it before I completely focused on Twin Moon since it was a bit of a cliffhanger. This episode wraps up a lot of the events I start in the first episode, but naturally doesn't wrap up everything and still introduces even more things.

I had planned on having the episode only go for 12-14 pages, but when I reached 14 and didn't finish I realized that was going to be impossible. In the end I ended up some how going the same length as the first episode. I did rush a couple of things for the sake of getting it done without going on for another page or two.

I'm still a little worried that Shizuka going to seem really bratty and difficult to like right now. But I fortunate was able to show another side of her in the episode. I also go into a little more about saying that she has her reasons. She is being taken against her will, so she does have the right to be very upset. And she is not the type to just sit still and let it all happen to her.

Please let me know what you think of the second episode. A few new events that I didn't plan for ended up in the episode, but I think it turned out better for it. It will end up making things a little more interesting in the long run.

Enjoy!
    Yeah, there is a slow build up in the starting chapters. I introduce small mysteries and mostly focus on getting the characters introduced. But things quickly change when the 4th and 5th chapter hit.
    And here we are, getting to the good parts! Not saying that the previous chapters weren't good, but you know what I mean. :3
    Oh dear, I read another already? S-sleep? What's that? Oh, right. M-maybe one more chapter o.o

(Btw, I wasn't expecting that ending, bu still loved it.)
    Saki standing up to Yuki took me back to Flesh is For Gods for a bit.

The story looks promising so far. I'll keep reading
    Thank you, now I'm curious about what happens next. To the second chapter I go!
    This is true. But I will hopefully remember to get the next two episodes up next weekend. Remind me if I don't. It is easy for me to forget about all of the things I have going on. Maintaining The Inner Man is important to me.
    o.o At least it was a good outlet for more conversations xD

On topic: I'll stay tuned for the next chapter
    Yeah, I think we're starting to get away for the topic at this point. ^^ It's a good conversation, but the comments should probably remain on topic. Especially, due to the volume of comments. Probably want to direct things to the VM at this point unless it is related to the story or something about it. ^^
    Yeah, no thanks. I'll stick with Youtube

Good for you, then I won't have to worry about you being afraid ;p
    $10 for 3 episodes is okay, but it's not great either. But an entire season of Ranma usually ran for like $70 or $80, which is way too much.

If I was already teasing you, what makes you think I'm afraid now? ^^
    I think I bought a 3-episode DVD for $10 (or was it 5). Eh. When all fails, I go to Youtube. It's been very reliable for me. Something I loved about the anime is that Ranma's male VA is the same guy that provides the voice for Inuyasha, another character created by Rumiko Takahashi.

Don't be afraid, now.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast