View RSS Feed

Shift Volume 2

Chapters 11-20 of Shift

1. Shift - Chapter 15 - Don't Think

“Hello? Good evening!” Ayumi greeted the door in her usual cheerful manner, but quickly changed it when she saw that it was only Yuki. “…It’s you…” She moved out of the way allowing him into the house. “Come in.” Tonight she was wearing a long simple, light green, dress that tied itself in at the waist with her hair down.

The invitation had come from Ayumi, but Yuki still did not feel comfortable about going into another girl’s house alone. He knew Ayumi and there would not ...
  2. Shift - Chapter 14 - Kasou-ryoku

“…real world…” said Yuki softly while he was still staring at Ayumi. The thought had almost made him laugh knowing how much of a strange and ironic statement that was to be said. ‘Most wouldn’t see it as a real world and until yesterday it was just a fake world to me. Strange to think my fantasies could be in the real world.’ He stood up from the grass looking straight at Ayumi smoothing out his uniform. There were questions that needed to be answered and he did not have a lot of free time. ...
  3. Shift - Chapter 13 - Short One

Saki doubted that it was a car accident that was the cause for Takako’s absence from practice. She did not have many morning practices so she did not know much about the girls that only went in the morning. However, it was strange for Takako to be gone. There were still a few minutes before the final bell would be ringing for homeroom. “Let’s go check her homeroom, Hitomi,” Saki said, “She might have skipped for some reason.”

Hitomi rushed up to Saki unable to shake the panicked ...
  4. Shift - Chapter 12 - Wings for the Troubled Joy

An early morning for Yuki only meant that he would be even more tired and unable to deal with his family at breakfast. Today was certainly no different for him. His mind was still buzzed and spinning from what happened in his room. He lowered his head a little while waiting for Momoko to give him his breakfast. ‘Ugh… I can’t believe that my powers could activate subconsciously. I wonder how Ayumi deals with it?’ Yuki planted his hand over his face feeling the stress starting to build up already. ...
  5. Shift - Chapter 11 - Floating in the Sky

“Yeah…four years ago our father died and a year ago our mother.” Ayumi’s hand shook knocking over the glass in the cupboard. She pulled back retreating her hands close up to her chest with countless thoughts running through her freezing her body.

The rattling of the glasses broke her state drawing her away. Ayumi fumbled to keep the glasses from falling out of the cupboard, but the shaking in her hand was making it difficult to hold still. Momoko walked over placing her hand on ...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2