View RSS Feed

Shift Volume 1

Chapters 1-10 of Shift

1. Shift - Chapter 5 - Monuo Sand Dunes

Yuki could not believe it, but there was no denying the man above him. No matter how he wanted to think about it there was nothing holding him up. ‘That explosion just now…I would have been dead if I hadn’t moved. Is he really trying to kill me? Was she…was it all…the truth?!’ Yuki looked up after having been staring at the crater again still in shock about what happened. He could not explain it through any rational means. Yet in spite of that he could not ignore, it was real the injuries ...
  2. Shift - Chapter 4 - A Troubled, Hopeful Mind

“I’ve come for you, Yuki Hayashi. I need you to save my people and I need your power!” Ayumi shouted at him sounding almost desperate, but pulled back quickly looking away gathering herself back. It was enough to make Yuki jump back a couple steps taken completely back by the change once more.

He did not understand what was going on anymore. ‘Is this some joke that she is playing on me? Is Hiroshi near?’ Yuki looked around the school grounds trying to make some sense of what was ...
  3. Shift - Chapter 3 - Unbelievable! The Transfer Student's Story

The morning and remainder of the time in class that followed after the introduction of the new student, Ayumi Nishimura, was carried out normally for everyone, everyone but Yuki. He had become distracted by this new girl that was sitting behind him. Normally, it would have been easy enough for him to let his mind wonder through his fantasies during homeroom, since nothing of importance usually happened. ‘Ayumi Nishimura…why did she smile at me like that?’ However, he was not able to get his ...
  4. Shift - Chapter 2 - Transfer Student

The scene around the fallen tree continued to develop with more people gathering at the site drawn in by curiosity and an already large crowd formed. Most of the students began passing through to reach their school. Left a short distance away from the street a figure in the shadows of the tree watched carefully of the events. A slow grin pulled up on their lips as though they understood and were pleased. They faded into the shadows without drawing attention leaving the confused neighbors to ...
  5. Shift - Chapter 1 - Daydreams

(Update: Since it has been confusing a lot of people I wanted to try to address it again in this chapter. When you start reading Shift you will begin with Chapter 0 Pilot and then continue into this Chapter 1 Daydreams. As stated in the Pilot chapter, the first chapter “Pilot” is actually what you would call a “Pilot” for the series. It serves a number of purposes, one of which is to get you hooked and put in everything that you should expect out of the series, well not everything but a good ...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2